This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Forty-four states and DC have refused to give certain voter information to Trump commission

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.cnn.com/2017/07/03/politics/kris-kobach-letter-voter-fraud-commission-information/index.html

Florida is still "reviewing" the request. Skeletor had better think twice.

View user profile
People want the Russians to have to earn the data through hacking. They are not real happy about gift wrapping the same for the Russians. A big bipartisan FU to President Trump.

View user profile
What's wrong with the govt overreach in this case? Had Obama done it... it would be no big deal.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:What's wrong with the govt overreach in this case? Had Obama done it... it would be no big deal.

What's wrong with it? It's grounds for a class action suit...that's what's wrong with it.

View user profile
Many states have clear statute on the release of private citizens information. It has everything to do with government over reach, and every thing to do with President Trump using the same when he mimics the talking points of less government. This has nothing to do with President Obama and constructing a false paradigm does not extinguish the wrong which President Trump is attempting.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What's wrong with the govt overreach in this case? Had Obama done it... it would be no big deal.

What's wrong with it?  It's grounds for a class action suit...that's what's wrong with it.  

Your only complaint is based upon the party committing the act. You demonstrated that clearly under Obama.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Many states have clear statute on the release of private citizens information.  It has everything to do with government over reach, and every thing to do with President Trump using the same when he mimics the talking points of less government.   This has nothing to do with President Obama and constructing a false paradigm does not extinguish the wrong which President Trump is attempting.

And Trump is just now Tweeting: so what do the states have to hide?

Isn't that masterful? It is absolutely sickening how doubt and confusion and more talking points can be generated out of an actual event. Once again he is casting doubt on everyone but his administration. We are in deep trouble.

View user profile
Your only complaint is based upon the party committing the act. You demonstrated that clearly under Obama.

This is simply wrong. It is alt right talking points and propaganda. I am a Republican. There is not real threat from in person voter fraud. A person who comes into a poll and tries to vote more than once or tries to falsify their right to vote faces a felony. A republican who ran for AG of Iowa claimed that in person voter fraud is a problem. He investigated every vote and there were over 3 million voters and he was only able to find 8 examples of in person voter fraud, where somebody cast a vote as somebody else.

Please stop the false propaganda, and face the facts before you where you can display unbiased judgment. It is simple. Are you a proponent of state governments turning over private voting data to a political commission. It is simple. Are you for this, or against this? The rest is simply BS.

View user profile
I heard a leak by a source that's a twice removed cousin of an unnamed white house official that...

TRUMP IS GOING TO ROUND UP THE LEFTISTS WITH THESE VOTER ROLLS..!!

If anyone still has any hair left on their bodies... please light now. affraid

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:

What's wrong with it?  It's grounds for a class action suit...that's what's wrong with it.  

When did President Obama ask for my personal voting information? A: NEVER.

View user profile
The question was simple.   Do you support this government commission gathering personal voting records and social security information from every American?   A simple yes or no would suffice, the rest is your hysteria.  Moral men and women make choices.   I am not asking you about a moral choice 9 years ago.  It is a simple question.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:The question was simple.   Do you support this government commission gathering personal voting records and social security information from every American?   A simple yes or no would suffice, the rest is your hysteria.  Moral men and women make choices.   I am not asking you about a moral choice 9 years ago.  It is a simple question.

NO... but you would've rationalized it under Obama. I know it... you know it... and even flatex might know it.

View user profile
NO... but you would've rationalized it under Obama. I know it... you know it... and even flatex might know it.

Nonsense. I am fighting Illinois government right now with freedom of information requests on government abuse with a lawsuit to follow. You have me mistaken with some wuss who goes along to get along. Nope, I have lived my entire life fighting government when they over step their role. I also win even though I am David fighting Goliath. I will tell more about my latest battle after it is over, but they have refused to give me the information I requested because I have found once again corruption in government. They have historically tried to attack me personally, but they soon find out that is a losing battle, and then they have to return to bad government, abusive government, which runs over citizens. I have fought my entire life trying to make government work better, you have spent your entire life feeding a fantasy which is not true. The civil war was lost. let it go and join those who care about good government. You simply cannot be for good government when you continually support evil and the bad guys who corrupt government.

I never voted for President Obama, but I defended him from nonsense. I never voted for President Trump, but I will spend my last breath fighting tyranny. You are absolutely unable to distinguish between the two as you trim paint with a 2 foot roller, and ask why are you folks attacking what I do as being wrong.....the paint job speaks for itself.

View user profile

http://progressive.org/dispatches/republican-states-turn-over-kobach-voter-files-even-while-cl/

Republican States Send Voter Information Files to Kobach, Even While Claiming They Will “Resist” His Demand

"A national outcry followed last week’s request from Kris Kobach, Vice Chair of President Donald Trump's Advisory Commission on Election Integrity, that state election officials provide him with a long list of personal information on every voter, including party affiliation, date of birth, last four digits of social security number, and more.

Election officials in forty-four states say they will refuse to comply with the June 28 written request from Kobach, whose advisory commission was created in May by Trump via executive order. Trump has made repeated and so-far unsubstantiated claims that millions voted illegally in the 2016 election.

“They can go jump in the Gulf of Mexico, and Mississippi is a great state to launch from,” responded Mississippi's Republican Secretary of State Delbert Hosemann.

“The President’s Commission has quickly politicized its work by asking states for an incredible amount of voter data that I have, time and time again, refused to release,” said Louisiana’s Secretary of State Tom Schedler.

To the contrary, Schedler and voting officials from fifteen other Republican states, the majority of those allegedly “resisting” Kobach’s demand, have already shared detailed voter files with Kobach in his capacity as Secretary of State of Kansas.

Records obtained by The Progressive from the Kansas Secretary of State office showed that Schedler turned over nearly three million voter files to Kobach earlier this year, including voter birthdates and Social Security information.

Sixteen Republican-controlled states, the majority of those allegedly “resisting” Kobach’s demand, have already shared detailed voter files with Kobach
In Mississippi, Hosemann turned over the state’s entire voter rolls to Kobach, some 2,092,886 files. Each file includes voter names, last four digits of their social security numbers, voting address, and voting history.

Kobach, who has recently announced his candidacy for Governor of Kansas, has indicated the lists will be used to remove illegal voters. But voting rights advocates say the goal is actually to allow fewer people to vote..."

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:

It's hilarious that you think people would have rationalized things under Obama that Obama would never have done. You're trying to normalize fascistic behavior on the part of Trump and his cabal by pretending that other presidents would have done it.

"Yeah, well, if Obama had childishly gotten on Twitter and lied about a woman's face bleeding from plastic surgery, you'd have been okay with it!" Like he'd ever do anything like that.

No president does the idiotic shit that Trump does. You want to bring up fantasy scenarios about Obama because you don't want to admit you voted for a lunatic. He's embarrassing the United States and doing some very ugly and un-American things that nobody thought would ever happen here, and you are partially to thank for it, because you're dumb and you got duped. And now you're running from it because you've got a spine like overlooked linguine. And, really, I think some of it even scares you. I've seen enough of you to know you're not one of the evil Republicans, just done of the misled ones. You screwed up and you know it and you're trying to avoid having to say it.

All your fantasies about Obama-this and Obama-that will not cover that up. Obama had his faults, but face it -- even George W. Bush, the previous lousiest-president-of-my-lifetime, was not the narcissistic headcase that Donald Trump is. Even Dubya, clumsy as he was about it, knew how to conduct himself like somewhat of an adult and restrained himself from abuse of the office or the excesses of overreach the spray-tanned buffoon you helped elect is doing. There is no comparison of any previous president to the pathetic joke that's currently holding that office. So spare us the ludicrous scenarios. Nobody has done, or would have done, what Trump is doing.

Either you compound your mistake by defending or explaining away his excesses, or you grow a pair and start opposing at least some of it. But don't pretend this is something Obama did too, because it's not even close. I'll tell you this much -- if Obama had done half of the things Trump is doing, Hannity and Limbaugh and all the rest would've been shrieking to high heaven that America was being destroyed. Hell, they shrieked that anyway, even when he didn't abuse power. Most of what they screamed about was things they thought Obama would do... but that, surprise, he never did. Now that Trump is doing that stuff, it's kind of amazing to watch them cheerleading it. Their "patriotism" is entirely for party. They don't give a damn for our country.

View user profile

If Obama had done it you and Hannity would have had four heart attacks

View user profile
polecat wrote:If Obama had done it you and Hannity would have had four heart attacks
Each.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
So fake 45 did and they had 4 woodys each. Very Happy

View user profile

Aside from the Pence/Kobach attacks on voter rolls, the DOJ also sent this letter to 44 states:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/department-of-justice-voter-purge_us_595d22b1e4b0da2c7326c38b

View user profile
Sooo... you're willing to drop the Russian collusion/interference talkingpoint?

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Sooo... you're willing to drop the Russian collusion/interference talkingpoint?

First, it's no "talking point". Secondly, what does that have to do with this topic? It's becoming more obvious by the day that the RNC gratefully accepted the leaks and in some cases participated in the scam.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Sooo... you're willing to drop the Russian collusion/interference talkingpoint?

First, it's no "talking point".  Secondly, what does that have to do with this topic?  It's becoming more obvious by the day that the RNC gratefully accepted the leaks and in some cases participated in the scam.

The Russians, I mean the Trump administration, is Dicking up by the numbers. The only way they could win anything was to suppress the voter rolls and from the looks of things their ineptness, disorganization and lack of real governmental experience is showing them up to be the amateurs that they are. The only problem is that they are professional liars but even in that they will get caught. Now I'm only wondering, since it is not a crime to lie to the American people, is whether any of them will be convicted of anything.

In some ways we have a very strange system in this country.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum