This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Daughter forgot to drop off car seats with grandaughters

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

She loves to give me chit along with Mrs. Seaoat about forgetting things since I have been sick. Not in a mean way, but nonetheless reminding me when I forget something. When my wife told me she forgot the car seats, I had to make the call. Oh so sweet. A did you forget anything. No......how about looking in the back seat......Oh chit. Now I had to go into the office Wed. anyway and I will stop and pick up the seats, and bring them home with me. We have them for a couple days, and I do not like not having the car seats with the kids. Technically because they are both tall, I can make my own booster seat, but that would only be an emergency as both are under 8. It is precious to watch the dog watch TV with the girls. I think the dog thinks she is a human when the girls come. She cries when they are getting out of the car.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:She loves to give me chit along with Mrs. Seaoat about forgetting things since I have been sick.  Not in a mean way, but nonetheless reminding me when I forget something.   When my wife told me she forgot the car seats, I had to make the call.  Oh so sweet.   A did you forget anything.    No......how about looking in the back seat......Oh chit.   Now I had to go into the office Wed. anyway and I will stop and pick up the seats, and bring them home with me.  We have them for a couple days, and I do not like not having the car seats with the kids.   Technically because they are both tall, I can make my own booster seat, but that would only be an emergency as both are under 8.  It is precious to watch the dog watch TV with the girls.   I think the dog thinks she is a human when the girls come.   She cries when they are getting out of the car.

I love it...I get the same thing about forgetting things, and especially enjoy it when it backfires.

View user profile
my wife took the girls to the grocery store as she took two small suitcases and crafted two booster seats which based on their size and weight is legal as it is the same raise off the seat as their regular booster seats and allows them to be safely strapped in with the shoulder restraints. The oldest daughter would be legal based on her height with the backseat lap belt, but the wife wisely decided to create booster seats which allow safe attachment of the full shoulder and lap belt assembly. I guess I will go to the office on Thursday.

I remember in the fifties getting the forearm in the face as the method to protect children who were not wearing seat belts.....there was no such thing, and parents and grandparent thought that flinging their forearm in an emergency stop would save us from the not padded metal dash. I remember distinctly the ash trays which were simple pressed steel with razor sharp edges projecting out because everybody would smoke in the car. It was a horrible time for life time injuries to children. I always get a kick when people complain about government mandates. People are alive because of them.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum