This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sinclair broadcasting

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Sinclair broadcasting on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:20 pm

I am appalled when watching local tv and the impact of Sinclair broadcasting. I am so happy that HBO is exposing to the nation the Panhandle local newscasts. It is insanity. Brainwashing and the creation of Trump voter's is not by accident. I notice the use of snowflake. I find that funny. They showed that they are running daily segment on terrorism. They are creating terrorism where none exists, and peddling fear from something called terrorism alert desk. It is really really really scary the brainwashing which is happening on the Gulf coast and now slowly spreading across the nation as Sinclair just bought the tribune companies. God help us if the type of brainwashing spreads across this country. The insanity I have seen in the panhandle will spread.....where is Bob when you need him.

View user profile

2 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Tue Jul 04, 2017 10:31 pm

2seaoat wrote:I am appalled when watching local tv and the impact of Sinclair broadcasting.   I am so happy that HBO is exposing to the nation the Panhandle local newscasts.  It is insanity.   Brainwashing and the creation of Trump voter's is not by accident.   I notice the use of snowflake.   I find that funny.  They showed that they are running daily segment on terrorism.   They are creating terrorism where none exists, and peddling fear from something called terrorism alert desk.   It is really really really scary the brainwashing which is happening on the Gulf coast and now slowly spreading across the nation as Sinclair just bought the tribune companies.   God help us if the type of brainwashing spreads across this country.  The insanity I have seen in the panhandle will spread.....where is Bob when you need him.

Could you please tell us WTF you're talking about? What's the brainwashing you're referring to? Which local broadcasts?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

3 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:21 pm

Use google dum dum......you have mastered it, at least in your mind.

View user profile

4 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Tue Jul 04, 2017 11:40 pm

2seaoat wrote:Use google dum dum......you have mastered it, at least in your mind.

You got a personality disorder. Here I am, trying to mend fences and you have to insult me? Aren't you ashamed of yourself?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

5 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:19 am

I play poker sock, and there is no mending fences when somebody thinks a pair of tens beat a pair of aces..........it is what it is, and I certainly am not going to waste a minute of my time playing your sophomoric games. You assume I am angry at you personally. Nope. Only stupidity. I am allergic to the same. If you want to play in the sandbox........do some reading and learn what you are talking about. Otherwise do not expect me to even waste a minute playing your sophomoric games.

View user profile

6 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:41 am

2seaoat wrote:I play poker sock, and there is no mending fences when somebody thinks a pair of tens beat a pair of aces..........it is what it is, and I certainly am not going to waste a minute of my time playing your sophomoric games.   You assume I am angry at you personally.  Nope.  Only stupidity.   I am allergic to the same.  If you want to play in the sandbox........do some reading and learn what you are talking about.   Otherwise do not expect me to even waste a minute playing your sophomoric games.

You're allergic to stupid? How awful for you, it must be like being allergic to your own blood type.

I should send you a bill for my efforts to acquaint you with monetary reality.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

7 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:04 am

at least you have a sense of humor considering you do not have any knowledge of economics.

View user profile

8 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:20 am

2seaoat wrote:at least you have a sense of humor considering you do not have any knowledge of economics.

You're like a guy who thinks he's smart because he's mastered Ptolemaic astronomy yet when he's confronted with the inescapable truth of the Copernican system says "I don't care what you say, Mr. Copernicus, it's still the Sun going around the Earth."

It's exactly what one would expect of a second-rate mind with a third-rate education.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

9 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:27 am

I dislike Sinclair group. And that douchenozzle Mark Hymen needs his deplorable segment shut down.

View user profile

10 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:54 am

View user profile

11 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 10:39 am

People are worried about President Trump, yet Sinclair is grooming future brainwashed Trump votes. I honestly could not believe was I was watching this winter. It was pure propaganda being pumped into the local news and I was appalled. When you make ignorant people think they are under siege by terrorism which requires military strikes on nation states, it is like MIC is selling dial soap and it becomes nothing more than an advertisement for an expanded military, more bombs, more planes, more ships, all to fight ideas. It is insanity.

View user profile

12 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:25 pm

2seaoat wrote:People are worried about President Trump, yet Sinclair is grooming future brainwashed Trump votes.   I honestly could not believe was I was watching this winter.   It was pure propaganda being pumped into the local news and I was appalled.   When you make ignorant people think they are under siege by terrorism which requires military strikes on nation states, it is like MIC is selling dial soap and it becomes nothing more than an advertisement for an expanded military, more bombs, more planes, more ships, all to fight ideas.   It is insanity.

You have an amazing grasp of the obvious.

Now, describe the cause of this travesty and propose a workable solution...
preferably one that doesn't rave about the MIC and Student Loans.

How did this situation come to be and what can be done about it?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

13 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:26 pm

2seaoat wrote:People are worried about President Trump, yet Sinclair is grooming future brainwashed Trump votes.   I honestly could not believe was I was watching this winter.   It was pure propaganda being pumped into the local news and I was appalled.   When you make ignorant people think they are under siege by terrorism which requires military strikes on nation states, it is like MIC is selling dial soap and it becomes nothing more than an advertisement for an expanded military, more bombs, more planes, more ships, all to fight ideas.   It is insanity.

Well, this is just perfect isn't it? Following the GOP/Trump model of attacking opponents via their strongest point they are now fighting objective reality by vigorously pushing the concept of fake news while at the same time pumping fake news into the eyeballs of millions of viewers. Viewers who, I am so sorry to say apparently lack the ability to discern the difference between fact and opinion or the skills to check a story's validity at reliable news outlets.

One thing we could use at this point is a crash course on how to know if the news you're watching is propaganda or an objective report. I'm recalling the first time I came across a broadcast on the local radio station. I called in and nearly screamed into the phone: "Where do you get this shit?!!" Yes, I actually let the "S" bomb out on the air. It was too funny, but I was in shock. Now I know where it comes from but at the time it was shocking.

View user profile

14 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 12:44 pm

The thing is when a local broadcaster like Darwin who does all these local stories and connects with people as trustworthy starts spewing unadulterated propaganda which is so slanted it has no basis in fact or perspective. I cringe when I see what is happening in America. I remember as a child when the news was a public service and that it was not a profit center as the FCC had requirements for community service. Then we got the unregulated cable which became the realm of make up chit to create propaganda which improves profits for certain defense industries. So when you see trusted local people who get paid beans selling out the truth to keep their jobs, there is not much hope correcting the harm of President Trump. We are in very dangerous times.

View user profile

15 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:31 pm

Republican politics, as it currently stands, is almost entirely faith-based. The same operating principles used in the religion they married with to exploit their voting power have blended fully with their politics, and now they need propaganda to exist. It's basic cult stuff.

They start out with what they want to believe, and then try to cherry-pick facts (which they usually have to warp) to fit it, and reject all the facts that work against it. And anybody who reports those facts gets accused of being "fake news," and the enemy. Every cult that works has to have enemies to fight against, to make people feel attacked and cling to the cult for protection, so, the media is one of their biggies. This gets all the truth about the party dismissed by their followers, and assures that the only news that gets believed is the stuff that's favorable to the party. It cuts the brainwashed off from any source that might wise them up.

Conservatism is a thing that's really had very little actual success to brag on. Look at the South -- all run by conservatives for years, and consistently a huge mess. Kansas tried a "big conservative experiment" and got horrible results. The last conservative presidents created big problems that Democrats had to bail them out of. If they want to run on a track record, Republicans honestly don't have much.

So, they're very reliant on true believers and faith to keep them going, because what else do they have? And the only way to maintain that is very aggressive brainwashing. So, that's why you see very biased-toward-conservatives media being put into place, while all forms of media that try to actually report the truth being dismissed as "liberally slanted." The followers are trained to parrot that crap like a reflex action. It's indoctrination.

Modern conservatism has far more to do with something like Scientology than it does people like William F. Buckley.

View user profile

16 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 1:42 pm

zsomething wrote:Republican politics, as it currently stands, is almost entirely faith-based.   The same operating principles used in the religion they married with to exploit their voting power have blended fully with their politics, and now they need propaganda to exist.  It's basic cult stuff.

That is exactly the dnc narrative... and you didn't think that... you were taught it. It's stereotyping, biased, and demeaning to lower your learned opponent to subhuman. It's a political ploy and you're the useful idiot that runs around parroting it. Get a clue.

View user profile

17 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:12 pm

I am a Republican. I ran for public office as a Republican. I honor the principles of Abe Lincoln. There is NOTHING coming form the democrats which has brainwashed me. I have a brain. I can see that hateful Dixiecrats took over my Republican Party. They are no longer the party of Lincoln, they are the party of Strum Thurmond who began the migration from the democratic party to the republican party over civil rights.

In Illinois finally my fellow Republicans have said enough with a far right Republican governor who tried to bankrupt the state. They over turned his veto of the budget which never in Illinois history has no budget been produced for two years. He attacked our University systems. He attacked our rural hospitals. He attacked our elementary and high school districts. He stopped road construction, and they stopped the power ball and mega million in Illinois because he refused to pay out the winnings forcing less revenue to the schools. This mantra of Dixiecrats to destroy government and starve it of revenue so we can allow discrimination to return to America and allow the oligarch to go on stealing American without any challengers. No, the democrats have nothing to do with what is now happening. Moral Republicans have had enough of this insanity and the evil dixiecrats. They are flushing these turds down the toilet all over America.

View user profile

18 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:16 pm

History tells us that religion was used to legitimize Slavery, and Jim Crow, and for you to tell me the sign I saw in Pace and Navarre which said Christians vote for trump was and illusion or democratic propaganda.....nope. You are the only one hiding from the reality that hateful people are now controlling the Republican Party and that is from a life time Republican.

View user profile

19 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:56 pm

2seaoat wrote:History tells us that religion was used to legitimize Slavery, and Jim Crow, and for you to tell me the sign I saw in Pace and Navarre which said Christians vote for trump was and illusion or democratic propaganda.....nope.  You are the only one hiding from the reality that hateful people are now controlling the Republican Party and that is from a life time Republican.

Well That's a real 'in your face' kind of a sign isn't it? What kind of Christianity would promote the types of things now pushed by the Republicans? Take away health care, tax breaks for the wealthy, talk to the Russians about how to sabotage the campaign. What happened to honesty and character and caring for the less fortunate? It is hard to square that circle.

View user profile

20 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 2:58 pm

Thurmond left the dem party precisely because of the engrained leftist racism. Dems talk a good noble cause... but their programs and policies just create more poverty and dependence on govt.

Ever wondered why? Ill tell you... it's no coincidence. Their goal is to control people... from kindergarten to retirement. They don't want you in control of your life... they don't want you making decisions... they want subservience. You're a perfect example... you claim to have been an independent individual... but you just can't help the impulse to control others... even though you wield no power. They promote in you the guise of an enlightenment... a sense of power by giving up your self-determination to align with the collective. It sounds wonderful... but it's just another illusion that leads to enslavement and worse... much worse.

Sooo... you've graduated to useful idiot. Congratulations comrade.

View user profile

21 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:09 pm

My mother was raised in a Southern Baptist Church as was all my extended family in Alabama. For a century my family were Southern Baptists. My mother was an artist who also was a middle child, and she join the protestant New England Congregational Church and became a Republican as a rebellion against her childhood. I was raised in the same, but around my sophomore year in high school I found Matthew 6 and my guidance was found.

I married a Catholic and raised our children in the Catholic Church. I only attended for weddings, baptisms, and first communions, and stayed true to Matthew 6.

I have told this story repeatedly, but it has scarred me for my entire life. After those four little girls were blown up by dynamite at church and were my age, I listened to the Southern Baptist minister from the pulpit condemn outside agitators for the death of those little girls. I was 10 or 11 and was reading four newspapers a day, and it became clear to me this was wrong. You have to look at the very basis for being a "southern" baptist, as baptist split and some tried to use the bible to legitimize slavery as God's will. It was not and even though in Matthew 6 we were warned of this hypocrisy, people abandon the scriptures and find solace in the racist mob. President Trump tapped into this hate and prejudice, and my same revulsion as a 10 year old exists today. I am so tired of this hypocrisy. President Trump is an evil man.

View user profile

22 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:14 pm

PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:Republican politics, as it currently stands, is almost entirely faith-based.   The same operating principles used in the religion they married with to exploit their voting power have blended fully with their politics, and now they need propaganda to exist.  It's basic cult stuff.

That is exactly the dnc narrative... and you didn't think that... you were taught it. It's stereotyping, biased, and demeaning to lower your learned opponent to subhuman. It's a political ploy and you're the useful idiot that runs around parroting it. Get a clue.

Nope, I wasn't taught it. I came up with it on my own, through observation. I've seen it all my life, over and over again. If you have you eyes open and quit listening to the horseshit then the failure of the modern version of Republicanism becomes not only evident, but inescapable. I've watched people believe a load of right-wing crap and be proven wrong for years now, and it's not reasonable to keep listening to them. When a guy with four teeth tries to tell me the benefits of brushing with strawberry jelly, I'm not gonna hear the sumbitch out, I'm sorry. I'm not sure if that's the "DNC narrative" or not, but if it is, then it's only because it's the truth. Democrats aren't great, but Republicans completely suck, and since I only really get two choices, then, choosing is easy. And it gets easier every year, the farther the GOP goes down the rabbit hole of theology and corporatism and, just lately, borderline fascism.

Honestly, you tell me, what is keeping the South conservative other than "belief"? What, beyond just "faith" that ya'll are raised and trained in, keeps you buying this junk? What success has the Republican party ever brought to the South? ANY-goddamn-thing? Seriously.

It's an exercise in stupidity and stubborness. Mississippi votes based on "saving babies" while the policies enacted by the conservatives they elect give us the highest infant mortality rate in the country. Twice what California brings in. I'm not in love with Democrats, but who wins that one, huh? And that's just one example, and I know I'm already risking a "can you give me the Cliff Notes" smart-ass comment out of ya for quoting that much, but, look up data on pretty much anything -- crime, education, infrastructure, disease, poverty, health care, unemployment -- and you're going to find the states that elect the most Republicans getting the worst results. We keep voting in the most corruption. And don't learn a damn thing from it. Even FOX News can't spin this shit - see who's got the worst health care.

The study also found that residents in blue states get a better overall health ROI than those in red states.

Yeah, that's from a FOX site. Gotta stick in their craw that they can't find any other way to spin it to save their ass, but, there it is.

The economy fares better under Democrats than it does Republicans. It's provable by data, and it's proven by my personal observation. My investments tanked under Bush, they doubled under Obama, it's there in the portfolio. "Faith" is the only thing saying the contrary.

I know you like the sound of your side's theories, and I know you hate "the left" for being obnoxious or whatever, I get it, but... your stuff just flat-out doesn't WORK. How much more experimentation does it need to declare it D.O.A.?

I've got a clue. How 'bout you? For real. I'm not playing "poke the Republican," because you're nobody to me, I've got nothing to gain from pissing you off, this ain't "team sports" -- I'm just stating facts.


If conservative plans work best, then by all rights they should be the most successful states, right? They should be leading the rest of the country, not lagging behind it. But who are the most dependent states? Yeah. Most red states -- for all their "taxed enough already" howling -- take in more money from the federal government than they collect in tax dollars. Mississippi -- for all its rebel-flag wavin' - takes in about $3 for every dollar they bring in. That's embarrassing, but it's your conservative policies in action. Nobody has to teach me that -- I just look at the evidence and draw conclusions from it.

You, on the other hand, continually spout stuff I've already heard from conservative propaganda sites. Looking at hard data isn't going to make you believe what you believe, because none of it supports it. And you never sit down and wonder why that is, because, honestly, you can't face the fact that you're wrong and your parents were probably wrong and you've been fed a line of crap your whole life, and you'd rather cling to it than have to admit ya been had.

I don't have to "dehumanize" you. I know you're human. But you're not a smart one and I'm not going to pretend you are just to be polite. There comes a point where being polite backfires, and I'm worn out with it. Every time ya'll get your "turn" at governing, you fuck everything up and then the other party has to spend years cleaning it up and rescuing the country while you scream crazy stuff about 'em. And the cycle never stops, because you won't look at data, you just belieeeeeve things and repeat the same little "comrade" horseshit over and over again because you can't defend what you believe in. All you care about is "pissing off the leftists" while the country gets led down a cattle chute that you helped build.



View user profile

23 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:20 pm

precisely because of the engrained leftist racism

I am so tired of revisionist history which is not even in the same zip code as the truth. The democratic machines from after the civil war consolidated government benefits by voting as a block. However, when the civil rights movement was spreading after WWII where men of color equally sacrificed defending their nation, the die was cast. In order to keep the Tammny Hall Southern machine together which secured all the military bases and were net takers of federal dollars they had to find a new path which allowed them government control of the south which kept Jim Crow and De Jure laws which denied people of color shared political power. The path became more clear by the time of Goldwater, and it was perfected by Nixon in his southern strategy.

The above statement is nonsensical and you and Cap should take a vacation where both of you can read some cliff notes or history for dummies, because what you have stated is blatantly wrong, lie demand drives productivity in economic theory......at some point we need people to use their brains, or open books because this place has been degraded to dummy town.

View user profile

24 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:21 pm

PkrBum wrote:Thurmond left the dem party precisely because of the engrained leftist racism. Dems talk a good noble cause... but their programs and policies just create more poverty and dependence on govt.


Thurmond left because he was a racist and the Democratic party let him down! He took his racism to the GOP... where it was welcomed!

My god, you can talk yourself out of anything rather than face a fact, can't you?

And Dem policies create more poverty? Why are the states that elect the most conservatives the most consistently the most poverty-ridden ones, then? Mississippi keeps electing conservatives and keeps the highest rate of poverty, and somehow that's the Democrats' fault?

As I said in the other post, conservative-ass Mississippi takes in around $3 in federal money for every tax dollar collected. Conservative-ass Alabama's not much better. And yet it's Democrats you site as creating more "dependence on government"?

Can you see how the stuff you "believe" isn't backed up by facts in any way?

You've been fed a line of crap, and you haven't rejected a bit of it. You just dig in, because, hey, at least it "pissess off the leftists."

Sheesh.

View user profile

25 Re: Sinclair broadcasting on Wed Jul 05, 2017 3:29 pm

Look at the large cities where the dems have been entrenched for decades... or even the states that are spending their way to failure to maintain unreasonable public services, pensions, projects... etc.

Your comparison doesn't follow logic... it cherry picks a few statistics. Good enough for some tho.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Similar topics

-

» Broadcasting Duo

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum