This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

god and Trump ... two peas from the same pod?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”  Richard Dawkins, foreword to: God the most unpleasant character in all fiction"... see link:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Most-Unpleasant-Character-Fiction/dp/1454918322/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1454918322&pd_rd_r=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652&pd_rd_w=KWiuy&pd_rd_wg=qzZUi&psc=1&refRID=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652

When it comes to being a champion of unpleasantness, you have to admit, God and Trump have much in common!

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”  Richard Dawkins, foreword to: God the most unpleasant character in all fiction"... see link:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Most-Unpleasant-Character-Fiction/dp/1454918322/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1454918322&pd_rd_r=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652&pd_rd_w=KWiuy&pd_rd_wg=qzZUi&psc=1&refRID=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652

When it comes to being a champion of unpleasantness, you have to admit, God and Trump have much in common!


I wonder if the author would dare to bring out the compassion, love, mercy, joy, patience, peace, long-suffering, and grace of God? Apparently not. So this writing is not sufficient to support a debate. The best part of the story is left out. You're a writer and a stronger thinker, Word. Can't you see the bias?

Funny how the guy touts himself as a former evangelical. Yep, hold on to that part of "god" to propel the marketing. Hysterical.

View user profile
https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”  Richard Dawkins, foreword to: God the most unpleasant character in all fiction"... see link:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Most-Unpleasant-Character-Fiction/dp/1454918322/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1454918322&pd_rd_r=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652&pd_rd_w=KWiuy&pd_rd_wg=qzZUi&psc=1&refRID=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652

When it comes to being a champion of unpleasantness, you have to admit, God and Trump have much in common!


I wonder if the author would dare to bring out the compassion, love, mercy, joy, patience, peace, long-suffering, and grace of God?  Apparently not.  So this writing is not sufficient to support a debate.  The best part of the story is left out.  You're a writer and a stronger thinker, Word.  Can't you see the bias?  

Funny how the guy touts himself as a former evangelical.  Yep, hold on to that part of "god" to propel the marketing.  Hysterical.

The Bias???!!! Why is it that believers don't want to admit that their so-called god of passion and grace, is also a vicious, murdering, torturous, vindictive and vain asshole? We atheists have no problem with evaluating the pros and cons of god. Dawkins refuses to hide god's horrible failings in favor of whitewashing his entire character to suit a specific listener's need.

As George Carlin used to point out, if you cross God, he will caste you into the fires of hell to torture and burn forever ... but He loves you!

This god of yours has no problem whatever in allowing a three-year-old infant writhe in pain while dying of bone cancer. Reality.

View user profile
del.capslock wrote:https://youtu.be/8r-e2NDSTuE

god, how I miss George Carlin!!

View user profile
Wordslinger wrote:
SheWrites wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:"The God of the Old Testament is arguably the most unpleasant character in all fiction: jealous and proud of it; a petty, unjust, unforgiving control-freak; a vindictive, bloodthirsty ethnic cleanser; a misogynistic, homophobic, racist, infanticidal, genocidal, filicidal, pestilential, megalomaniacal, sadomasochistic, capriciously malevolent bully.”  Richard Dawkins, foreword to: God the most unpleasant character in all fiction"... see link:

https://www.amazon.com/God-Most-Unpleasant-Character-Fiction/dp/1454918322/ref=pd_bxgy_14_img_3?_encoding=UTF8&pd_rd_i=1454918322&pd_rd_r=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652&pd_rd_w=KWiuy&pd_rd_wg=qzZUi&psc=1&refRID=Y3HV6FXEWHDX552M7652

When it comes to being a champion of unpleasantness, you have to admit, God and Trump have much in common!


I wonder if the author would dare to bring out the compassion, love, mercy, joy, patience, peace, long-suffering, and grace of God?  Apparently not.  So this writing is not sufficient to support a debate.  The best part of the story is left out.  You're a writer and a stronger thinker, Word.  Can't you see the bias?  

Funny how the guy touts himself as a former evangelical.  Yep, hold on to that part of "god" to propel the marketing.  Hysterical.

The Bias???!!!  Why is it that believers don't want to admit that their so-called god of passion and grace, is also a vicious, murdering, torturous, vindictive and vain asshole?  We atheists have no problem with evaluating the pros and cons of god.  Dawkins refuses to hide god's horrible failings in favor of whitewashing his entire character to suit a specific listener's need.

As George Carlin used to point out, if you cross God, he will caste you into the fires of hell to torture and burn forever ... but He loves you!

This god of yours has no problem whatever in allowing a three-year-old infant writhe in pain while dying of bone cancer.  Reality.

I have no trouble admitting his wrath.  Flip side is there is all the adjectives I mentioned earlier.   A person chooses where his heart dwells.   You choose bitter.  

And the three year old is no longer writhing in pain and dying of bone cancer, is he or she?  Sounds like death can and is merciful.   Does it stop the pain and grief of the family? No, but it should bring comfort.  

I've not lost a child.  I have lost a parent to cancer.  I'd rather have him gone than the state he was in.  He is at peace now.  

Sometimes you have to let go, Word.  You've sure lived a long time with bitterness.

It's just entertainment but you should watch the movie The Shack.  God is a black woman.  And she's hilarious and loving.

View user profile
SheWrites wrote: You choose bitter.  

No! He chooses rational.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum