Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Scalise is a victim of political violence, but that does nothing to excuse his extreme racist views.

+3
2seaoat
del.capslock
Wordslinger
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

The two cops who were wounded and who shot down Hodgekinson, the sniper-terrorist who wounded Scalise, were both black.  The female officer is a lesbian.  They saved Scalise's sorry ass.

Scalise has spent his life denigrating minorities, including blacks, lesbians and the entire LGBT community.  It didn't matter to the two security cops.

Irony?  Maybe.  Or maybe it's just that they're much better human beings than the white Christian racist and hatemonger they were protecting.   What's your read on it?

http://www.salon.com/2017/06/22/steve-scalise-is-a-victim-of-political-violence-but-that-does-nothing-to-excuse-his-hateful-politics/

del.capslock

del.capslock

Scalise was a hateful, racist piece-of-shit. I cannot muster an iota of pity for him. I'm sorry it happened--it damages our collective polity--but I'm not sorry it happened to him. Here's why:

On Monday researchers released the most comprehensive survey data yet aimed at understanding what actually went down in Election 2016. The group includes academics but also right-leaning outlets such The Heritage Foundation and left-leaners like the Center for American Progress.

What’s different about the Voter Study Group is that it tracks the attitudes and votes of the same 8,000 adults since before the 2012 election, and then throughout the 2016 election. So it’s like the nation’s largest, longest political focus group.

The story we’ve told ourselves — that working-class whites flocked to Trump due to job worries or free trade or economic populism — is basically wrong, the research papers released this week suggest.

They did flock to Trump. But the reason they did so in enough numbers for Trump to win wasn’t anxiety about the economy. It was anxiety about Mexicans, Muslims and blacks.

http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-news/politics/uw-professor-got-it-right-on-trump-so-why-is-he-being-ignored/

Trump's base embraces the worst of America's most wicked impulses.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

2seaoat

I do not want anybody shot. It could destroy a democracy if both the far left and far right start shooting. However, most of the terror in this country for almost two centuries has been racist hateful far right groups. The terror which congress felt was that a house inspector who lived a pretty ordinary life was pushed over the brink by hateful policies. The two officers did their duty, and for that we should all be proud. However, I do not believe for a moment that copycat folks are standing in the wings who like the house inspector have been pushed over the brink by policies which hurt Americans, and yes racism.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Funny how no one is mentioning the Tyson Foods lobbyist, Matt Mika.

What the hell was he doing out there? Buying influence?
Scalise is a victim of political violence, but that does nothing to excuse his extreme racist views. Y51wgSh

Tyson Foods is certainly not the regional company it was 40 years ago or the large national company it was just a few decades ago. It’s now a global meat processing and distribution company, and you probably didn’t know that 90% of the pepperoni on frozen pizzas comes from a Tyson company.

Following are some other things you probably didn’t know about the company founded and based in Springdale, Ark.

GOVERNMENT BUSINESS
The Fortune 500 food company does big business with the federal government, garnering more than $4.7 billion in government contract business since 2000.

$500 million
That’s the value of a contract business between Tyson Foods and the U.S. government that could be in jeopardy if the company is found guilty in an ongoing criminal probe by the Environmental Protection Agency over toxic chemicals released by a plant in Monett, Mo., last year. Tyson Foods recently settled a civil suit with the Missouri’s Attorney General agreeing to pay $530,000 for that unlawful dumping that killed 100,000 fish.

$2.096 million
Tyson Foods spent just short of $2.1 million on federal lobbying efforts in 2014. That’s a little more than Kellogg ($1.88 million) and slightly behind General Mills ($2.47 million) who led the pack among food processing companies.

http://talkbusiness.net/2015/01/things-you-may-not-have-known-tyson-foods/

There's more and it only gets worse.

zsomething

I hope, while Scalise is recovering in the hospital, he catches a re-run of that All In The Family episode where Archie Bunker needed a blood transfusion, and got one from a black woman. That'd be perfect.

I'm sorry he got shot, I hope he recovers fully, but he is a jerk and I hope he learns something from it. I doubt he will, though.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

del.capslock wrote:Funny how no one is mentioning the Tyson Foods lobbyist, Matt Mika.

What the hell was he doing out there? Buying influence?
Scalise is a victim of political violence, but that does nothing to excuse his extreme racist views. Y51wgSh

Tyson Foods is certainly not the regional company it was 40 years ago or the large national company it was just a few decades ago. It’s now a global meat processing and distribution company, and you probably didn’t know that 90% of the pepperoni on frozen pizzas comes from a Tyson company.

Following are some other things you probably didn’t know about the company founded and based in Springdale, Ark.

GOVERNMENT BUSINESS
The Fortune 500 food company does big business with the federal government, garnering more than $4.7 billion in government contract business since 2000.

$500 million
That’s the value of a contract business between Tyson Foods and the U.S. government that could be in jeopardy if the company is found guilty in an ongoing criminal probe by the Environmental Protection Agency over toxic chemicals released by a plant in Monett, Mo., last year. Tyson Foods recently settled a civil suit with the Missouri’s Attorney General agreeing to pay $530,000 for that unlawful dumping that killed 100,000 fish.

$2.096 million
Tyson Foods spent just short of $2.1 million on federal lobbying efforts in 2014. That’s a little more than Kellogg ($1.88 million) and slightly behind General Mills ($2.47 million) who led the pack among food processing companies.

http://talkbusiness.net/2015/01/things-you-may-not-have-known-tyson-foods/

There's more and it only gets worse.

Shame on you! You're acting anti-American now. Get it through your sick, wimpy, liberal head: Big corporations are good. Everyone else is bad.
And the poorer you are, the worse you are for Amerika, Inc. Guess what else is true about Tyson -- it's among the top five employers of illegal aliens.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

George Wallace mellowed out in his old age after he was shot and ended up in a wheelchair. Maybe Scalise will take this opportunity to do the same. Nearly dying may get his attention and the actions of the two capitol police officers surely should make an impression. Let's hope it does.

During his final years, Wallace publicly recanted his racist views and asked for forgiveness from African Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

del.capslock

del.capslock

othershoe1030 wrote:George Wallace mellowed out in his old age after he was shot and ended up in a wheelchair. Maybe Scalise will take this opportunity to do the same. Nearly dying may get his attention and the actions of the two capitol police officers surely should make an impression. Let's hope it does.

During his final years, Wallace publicly recanted his racist views and asked for forgiveness from African Americans.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/George_Wallace

Oh, please...

zsomething

Throw another log on the fire, boys, George Wallace is coming to stay
When he met St. Peter at the pearly gates, I'd like to think that a black man stood in the way.
I know "All should be forgiven", but he did what he done so well
So throw another log on the fire boys,
George Wallace is a comin'.

Now, he said he was the best friend a black man from Alabama ever had,
And I have to admit, compared to Fob James, George Wallace don't seem that bad
And if it's true that he wasn't a racist and he just did all them things for the votes
I guess Hell's just the place for "kiss ass politicians" who pander to assholes.

So throw another log on the fire, boys, George Wallace is coming to stay
I know, in the end, he got the black people's votes, but I bet they'd still vote him this way.
And Hell's just a little bit hotter 'cause he played his hand so well
He had what it took to take it so far

Now the Devil's got a Wallace sticker on the back of his car...

RealLindaL

zsomething wrote:I'm sorry he got shot, I hope he recovers fully, but he is a jerk and I hope he learns something from it.  I doubt he will, though.

That about sums it up for me, too, z.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Guess Wallace caused enough harm in his day to warrant a song like that. It is known that he changed his attitude in his final years though.

I sincerely hope that Scalise will have a personal epiphany and change his ways. Certainly being from Louisiana he has plenty of exposure to people of color who have made tremendous contributions in the areas of art and music. He has no excuse for such a backward stance. I hope this has jolted him in a good way.

PkrBum

PkrBum

“Twelve years ago, I spoke to many different Louisiana groups as a state representative, trying to build support for legislation that focused on cutting wasteful state spending, eliminating government corruption, and stopping tax hikes,” Scalise said. "One of the many groups that I spoke to regarding this critical legislation was a group whose views I wholeheartedly condemn. It was a mistake I regret, and I emphatically oppose the divisive racial and religious views groups like these hold. I am very disappointed that anyone would try to infer otherwise for political gain. As a Catholic, these groups hold views that are vehemently opposed to my own personal faith, and I reject that kind of hateful bigotry. Those who know me best know I have always been passionate about helping, serving, and fighting for every family that I represent. And I will continue to do so.”

del.capslock

del.capslock

Stephanie Grace, a Louisiana political reporter and columnist for the past 20 years, first with The Times-Picayune in New Orleans and now The Advocate of Baton Rouge, recalled her first meeting with Mr. Scalise.

"He was explaining his politics and we were in this getting-to-know-each-other stage," Ms. Grace said. "He told me he was like David Duke without the baggage. I think he meant he supported the same policy ideas as David Duke, but he wasn’t David Duke, that he didn’t have the same feelings about certain people as David Duke did."

http://theweek.com/speedreads/440133/steve-scalise-reportedly-said-like-david-duke-without-baggage

Next time you post a quote, PkrBoy, give the source. Otherwise you're nothing but a goddamn liar making shit up. Imagine that!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum