This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Major league baseball....young guys are hitting a lot of homers

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I think the Yankees and the Dodgers have rookies who are tracking all time high home runs. I looked at the rookie with the Dodgers and he sure did not look like a steroid user. Sweet Swing. Great for baseball.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I think the Yankees and the Dodgers have rookies who are tracking all time high home runs.  I looked at the rookie with the Dodgers and he sure did not look like a steroid user.  Sweet Swing.   Great for baseball.

I would love to see baseball come back stronger.

View user profile
I am hoping I can rally a little bit and go to one last White Sox game. I used to go too opening day with about five of my high school buddies. That tradition started when we were 16. We would skip school. Now two of us are seriously ill and I am not sure either of us could take the effort to go, but I am going to try to get my family to pick out a game we can go with the Grandkids. Ten tickets will require a SBA loan, but heck....there is nothing better than starting new traditions and baseball is American as apple pie. I love the game. I love the smells and sounds. Most of all I love the memories. Bo Jackson's opening day home run. Mickey Mantle hitting foul completely over the left field wall. Watching Horlen pitch a no hitter, and having old mayor Daley show up from 10 blocks away and sit only 10 seats in front of my mom and brother, going to Wrigley once each year to watch a Sunday double header where Hank would hit 2 or 3 home runs, going after the game and getting autographs from players who before getting in their cars would go to the fence and sign your program. No baseball does not have the mass media appeal of NBA basketball, and young kids are playing soccer in competition with baseball, but it will always be America's game.

These young players just excite the hell out of me. No steroids and pure swings. It does not get any better.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I am hoping I can rally a little bit and go to one last White Sox game.  I used to go too opening day with about five of my high school buddies.  That tradition started when we were 16.  We would skip school.  Now two of us are seriously ill and I am not sure either of us could take the effort to go, but I am going to try to get my family to pick out a game we can go with the Grandkids.  Ten tickets will require a SBA loan, but heck....there is nothing better than starting new traditions and baseball is American as apple pie.   I love the game.  I love the smells and sounds.   Most of all I love the memories.   Bo Jackson's opening day home run.   Mickey Mantle hitting foul completely over the left field wall.   Watching Horlen pitch a no hitter, and having old mayor Daley show up from 10 blocks away and sit only 10 seats in front of my mom and brother,  going to Wrigley once each year to watch a Sunday double header where Hank would hit 2 or 3 home runs, going after the game and getting autographs from players who before getting in their cars would go to the fence and sign your program.  No baseball does not have the mass media appeal of NBA basketball, and young kids are playing soccer in competition with baseball, but it will always be America's game.

These young players just excite the hell out of me.   No steroids and pure swings.   It does not get any better.

The price of tickets is unbelievable. We paid over $300 for 2 seats at Fenway for one game and $250 for the other game. Taking my grandkids... OMG

View user profile
Ben Lively made his major league debut with the Philadelphia Phillies against the San Francisco Giants. Lively pitched seven strong innings, earning his first win of his major league career.

Local breezer from a nice family. So proud of him.

View user profile
judge just hit his 26th home run......rookies are tearing up the league.

View user profile
Judge just hit his 28th home run as a rookie. This kid is special.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Judge just hit his 28th home run as a rookie.  This kid is special.

Unbelievable.

View user profile
The Yankees just took two in a row from the Red Sox. If they win tonight's game the worst they can do is split the four game set. Judge has cooled of a bit but that was expected.

View user profile
Jerry owns the white sox and Bulls. He is about 82 and is an intelligent loyal owner of both franchises. However, as he has gotten older, his loyalty to people who are not performing has hurt the product fans used to enjoy. What Paxton and Gar Foreman did to the Bulls will rank top five in NBA fails. However, right when I was recovering from the intentionally gutting the Bulls of all talent, I read this morning that the Sox have dumped three top 100 players in a week.

The problem is that they are trying to emulate the Cubs. The difference is that the Cubs had some real Genius. Kenny Williams the general manager of the Sox is not a good person. He has screwed up the franchise for years and had little to do with their world series win in 2005. I have a retired friend who owned the largest Chevy dealership in Illinois. They commonly gave demo cars to sports figures as part of the advertising campaign. Well they have a start date and a return the car date, so everybody knows the deal. It is alleged by this guy that Williams did not return the car. He was called. Letters were sent. Finally they went to Jerry and said we are going to the press. The car was returned. I do not get his loyalty to people of this character. I simply wanted to go to one last White Sox game, but right now I have no intention, and I hope sox and bulls fans do the same. Jerry needs to sell the team as it appears his loyalty to his employees comes before his loyalty to life long fans.

View user profile
I hope they didn't mess with the ball. Stuff like that bothers me. The ped period ruined it for me.

View user profile
I did not dunk a basketball until my junior year. My son did it in his freshman year. I am seeing kids dunking in 7th grade. I think these kids are just stronger, have better diets, and train year round. Some of these big home run hitters do not have a roid body image. They remind me of Hank Aaron and Tony Oliva with quick bat speed. Frank Thomas was a big tight end at Auburn and is in the hall of fame without roids, and the kid from NY makes him look like a child with his size and bat speed. I will always be a baseball fan. I never get bored with its pace. I loved playing, I love watching. I loved playing hockey as a kid, but cannot stand watching a hockey game. We just did not play much soccer as kids, and today kids are more soccer fans than baseball fans.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum