Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Please someone tell me when was the last time a Republican HELPED America?

+4
PkrBum
del.capslock
2seaoat
Wordslinger
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Healthcare? Unrigging the fixed economy? Public Education? Environmental policies? Encouraging everyone to vote? Getting us out of the unwinnable wars in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan? Making life better and healthier for American consumers?

Anyone?
Crickets?

2seaoat

I can say first hand that on the local level Republicans work for balanced budgets. I think that any true advancements require wisdom in fiscal matters. In Chicago a judge could work four years and get 75% of his salary as a pension with the state paying all of the premiums for his health care. The Republicans finally got this democratic patronage system reversed and a judge had a pension like everybody else based on the number of years he or she worked and the age they retired, and then made them pay some of the health care premium. This was a good thing. The abuses of doing unlimited good beyond the means to do the same is not a good thing. There are bad deeds by both sides of the aisle.

del.capslock

del.capslock

2seaoat wrote:I can say first hand that on the local level Republicans work for balanced budgets.   I think that any true advancements require wisdom in fiscal matters.  In Chicago a judge could work four years and get 75% of his salary as a pension with the state paying all of the premiums for his health care.  The Republicans finally got this democratic patronage system reversed and a judge had a pension like everybody else based on the number of years he or she worked and the age they retired, and then made them pay some of the health care premium.  This was a good thing.  The abuses of doing unlimited good beyond the means to do the same is not a good thing.  There are bad deeds by both sides of the aisle.

A balanced budget is irrelevant on the Federal level. To even pretend that it is, is to perpetuate the fundamental Republican lie--that we can't afford it, no matter what it is.

The Federal government is the ONLY source of U.S. Dollars and can create them at will, unlike state and local governments which must pay attention to budgets.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

PkrBum

PkrBum

incredible wilful ignorance. See: federal reserve... that isn't even govt as the name infers.

del.capslock

del.capslock

In reply to the original question posed in the title:

Eisenhower with the Interstate Highway System.

Nixon taking us out of the Bretton Woods system and creating the EPA.

Teddy Roosevelt with the trust-busting stuff and the Pure Food and Drug act.

Last edited by del.capslock on 6/17/2017, 11:00 am; edited 1 time in total

Telstar

Telstar

Wordslinger wrote:Healthcare? Unrigging the fixed economy? Public Education?  Environmental policies?  Encouraging everyone to vote?  Getting us out of the unwinnable wars in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan?  Making life better and healthier for American consumers?  

Anyone?  
Crickets?
Please someone tell me when was the last time a Republican HELPED America? Lincol11

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:incredible wilful ignorance. See: federal reserve... that isn't even govt as the name infers.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You'd be well advised to just shut up and listen.

del.capslock

del.capslock

Telstar wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:Healthcare? Unrigging the fixed economy? Public Education?  Environmental policies?  Encouraging everyone to vote?  Getting us out of the unwinnable wars in Iraq, Syria and Afghanistan?  Making life better and healthier for American consumers?  

Anyone?  
Crickets?
Please someone tell me when was the last time a Republican HELPED America? Lincol11

Oh, yeah, him too.

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:incredible wilful ignorance. See: federal reserve... that isn't even govt as the name infers.

You don't know what the fuck you're talking about.

You'd be well advised to just shut up and listen.

And you'll never learn anything running your mouth. The federal reserve act changed your leftist money tree delusion. Were it congress coining it would simply "tax" every other dollar... but that wasn't good enough for the wealthy elite. It's scary how much you have to ignore to believe leftist bs.

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
The federal reserve act changed your leftist money tree delusion. Were it congress coining it would simply "tax" every other dollar... but that wasn't good enough for the wealthy elite. It's scary how much you have to ignore to believe leftist bs.

Congress CREATED the Federal Reserve System, you dumb fuck.

You're sitting at a computer hooked to the internet. Do some research, you ignorant fucker.

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
The federal reserve act changed your leftist money tree delusion. Were it congress coining it would simply "tax" every other dollar... but that wasn't good enough for the wealthy elite. It's scary how much you have to ignore to believe leftist bs.

Congress CREATED the Federal Reserve System, you dumb fuck.

You're sitting at a computer hooked to the internet. Do some research, you ignorant fucker.

It's ok to be ignorant... but don't brag about it. The way it "passed" through congress was crooked too.

https://www.federalreservehistory.org/essays/jekyll_island_conference

del.capslock

del.capslock

PkrBum wrote:
It's ok to be ignorant... but don't brag about it. The way it "passed" through congress was crooked too.

https://www.federalreservehistory.org/essays/jekyll_island_conference

I read it. Say in words exactly what was "crooked" about that?

Was anyone paid off or wrongfully compelled to vote for the Federal Reserve Act?

Anyone?  
Crickets?

Lots has already been done. Check your stock market and job grown since Trump's election. That helps fund your retirement. Seems like you're doing quite well as are many others.

They help themselves, and they are Americans. So there ya go!

del.capslock

del.capslock

Pacedog Original Gangsta wrote:

Lots has already been done. Check your stock market and job grown since Trump's election. That helps fund your retirement. Seems like you're doing quite well as are many others.

How on earth does a marginally literate person like this manage to access the internet?

Or even vote, for that matter.

RealLindaL

del.capslock wrote:
Pacedog Original Gangsta wrote:

How on earth does a marginally literate person like this manage to access the internet?

Or even vote, for that matter.

Much less TEACH at Pace High, which he claims to do. I kid you not.

del.capslock

del.capslock

RealLindaL wrote:

Much less TEACH at Pace High, which he claims to do.  I kid you not.

He teaches at a High School? Yikes!

As much as I hate discussing any personal stuff, I have one anecdote that might be instructive.

When one of my kids was in Junior High, he had a teacher that held similarly extreme right-wing views. The kid would come home from school and repeat stuff like "The holocaust never happened...", that kind of crap.

At first I'd try to correct him then I just let him go with it, figuring he'd learn a good lesson: that adults are mostly full of shit and you have to learn to question everything and think for yourself.

That's what happened. Two years later, when he was in High School, he and his peers would openly mock him whenever his name came up. The teacher turned out to be a very useful negative example.

Of course now the little shit questions everything I say, so maybe it wasn't such a good idea.

zsomething

Yeah, Lincoln was good. I'll give 'em that.

George W. Bush started the Do-Not-Call List. I liked that pretty well. Everything else he did was a major disaster, but, yeah, the Do-Not-Call List was nice.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

zsomething wrote:Yeah, Lincoln was good.  I'll give 'em that.

George W. Bush started the Do-Not-Call List.  I liked that pretty well.   Everything else he did was a major disaster, but, yeah, the Do-Not-Call List was nice.

It actually WORKS for you? Because I've had about 5 random calls today...I didn't get the "US Treasury is coming for you..." today, but have received that one about 20 times...also got one this week letting me know I've won $5.5 million...all I have to do is come up with 1% to collect...probably from Nigeria. Oooooh, you'll like this one: Someone called trying to sell me a back brace or something similar..."Where is your pain?..." I told her, "The pain is in my ass, and I think it's coming from you."

RealLindaL

Floridatexan wrote:

George W. Bush started the Do-Not-Call List.  I liked that pretty well.   Everything else he did was a major disaster, but, yeah, the Do-Not-Call List was nice.

It actually WORKS for you?  Because I've had about 5 random calls today...I didn't get the "US Treasury is coming for you..." today, but have received that one about 20 times...also got one this week letting me know I've won $5.5 million...all I have to do is come up with 1% to collect...probably from Nigeria.  Oooooh, you'll like this one:  Someone called trying to sell me a back brace or something similar..."Where is your pain?..."  I told her, "The pain is in my ass, and I think it's coming from you."

Hee hee, gotta remember that one, FT.   But yeah, Do Not Call is a joke and has been for a very long time.   We have all our numbers registered but still get calls, frequently and getting worse, most often on our land line but more and more often on our cells as well.  The greatest number of calls are from "Windows customer service calling about your computer," or "account services regarding your existing credit card account," or a cheery person congratulating us on being eligible for an award because we've stayed in their resorts before, or a threatening voice saying this is our last chance to respond (I think that's probably an IRS impostor but I don't stay on long enough to find out).  

I've often been tempted to say (when it's the rare real human and not a robo-call), "Gee, you sound like a nice young person.  Take some advice from someone old enough to be your grandmother and get yourself a REAL job instead of this dead-end work preying on the elderly."  

But of course I don't, as it wouldn't do one whit of good.   Nope, I simply hang up as soon as I hear the first word or two of a spiel, or even before that, when I detect the tell-tale sounds of a computerized call.

Lately, the callers have taken to using fake phone numbers that actually appear local on the caller I.D. screen.   Doesn't work on us.  Bunch of predatory, thieving fools -- the dregs of society.

zsomething

Floridatexan wrote:

It actually WORKS for you?  Because I've had about 5 random calls today...I didn't get the "US Treasury is coming for you..." today, but have received that one about 20 times...also got one this week letting me know I've won $5.5 million...all I have to do is come up with 1% to collect...probably from Nigeria.  Oooooh, you'll like this one:  Someone called trying to sell me a back brace or something similar..."Where is your pain?..."  I told her, "The pain is in my ass, and I think it's coming from you."

It's helped, but yeah, it's got flaws. It's still got too many holes in it, some of which are probably unavoidable (scam callers from overseas who aren't concerned with it -- all those "Microsoft has detected problems from your PC, I'm going to need to install some ransomware!" criminals), and some that are (it left things open for political begging... imagine them forgetting to guard against that! Wink ). But, it's one of those things that I give him credit for trying. It's helped some. But yeah, I still get too many spam calls, too.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Interesting conversation on this thread!!

I'm an ancient old man who uses his computer every day (I'm a writer). Like most of you who comment here, I've learned to never answer a bank's emailed questions about my account, and to never accept anyone online or on phone asking for private information who claims they are Microsoft. It's part of the on-guard syndrome with which I view every email.

Once again, I'm seeing the trust that binds our culture and society erode.

Who are we supposed to trust now?

Can't trust the EPA anymore. Can't trust your healthcare insurer. Can't trust the IRS, the FBI, the cop who stops you for a traffic violation, can't trust your bank (the recent Wells Fargo manipulations of their customer's accounts underlines the problem).

Hell, I've taken my pets to veterinarians who used every trick they could to overcharge me.

It's life in America now, and it's disheartening. The only good thing about it is that these problems enhance our relationships with those whom we live with and love. I trust my wife and my daughter and my dogs, and some of my friends. People I can always count-on. Well, most of the time, anyway.

PkrBum

PkrBum

You've watched this country slide into an enormous nanny State quagmire... and applauded.

Why complain now? Statists gonna statist... lol.

RealLindaL

PkrBum wrote:You've watched this country slide into an enormous nanny State quagmire... and applauded.

Oh, go stuff your total and complete B.S. where the sun don't shine -- that's the only place it belongs.

PkrBum

PkrBum

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:You've watched this country slide into an enormous nanny State quagmire... and applauded.

Oh, go stuff your total and complete B.S. where the sun don't shine -- that's the only place it belongs.

What isn't true? Can the govt spy on us? Gather info? Touch our junk? Checkpoint? Lie? Deceive?

Can you think of anything that isn't controlled in some way by the govt? If they don't... i bet they're trying.

Btw... take a few deep breaths... this isn't really debatable.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum