Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Top 2% not job creators or millionaires in tax debate

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-07-20/top-2-not-job-creators-or-millionaires-in-tax-debate.html

knothead

knothead

I read the article and it reveals which many have suspected all along, the job creator routine is a myth. Any effect would be negligible but the GOP hangs their hat on this canned line. Thanks dreams . . .

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:I read the article and it reveals which many have suspected all along, the job creator routine is a myth. Any effect would be negligible but the GOP hangs their hat on this canned line. Thanks dreams . . .

The term "job creator" was coined by Frank Luntz the right leaning wordsmith who uses focus groups to test phrases for their mass appeal.

Once he was on the Colbert Report and Colbert asked him to come up with something that would make the generally negative phrase "corporations are people [my friend!] have a more attractive sound. Dang if he didn't do it, and came up with: "people are corporations"! Just by reversing the order of the words he completely changed the perspective on it.

He's good. He's very good. Some of his other creations are: instead of 'global warming' say 'climate change' and of course instead of 'the very wealthy', say 'job creators'.
His phrases have dominated the vocabulary that we all use to describe a lot of what we discuss in the political arena. That is totally worth noting. We are being spun and most don't even realize it.

stormwatch89

stormwatch89

Much the same as "moving forward" ???

knothead wrote:I read the article and it reveals which many have suspected all along, the job creator routine is a myth. Any effect would be negligible but the GOP hangs their hat on this canned line. Thanks dreams . . .

you may have electrons spinning as a avatar, but much like margin call....

you dont make the ticket.

your party politics is as dangerous as any side

one exception to the lefts, they hate American ways

they seek a new way called spread the wealth. your wealth, not thiers...

ask hollywood where thier money is

Rogue wrote:

You're just too plain ignorant to carry on a discussion.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

stormwatch89 wrote:Much the same as "moving forward" ???
No, more like "restore our future"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Don't pick on Chrissy now, because it hurts her feelings....

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Rogue wrote:

The people on the left, myself included, do not hate America or American ways. I really can't think of a more baseless accusation.

Funny, I don't recall (there's a lot I don't recall these days but...)anyone on the left ever saying that about our wing nuts on here.

We recognize that even though we disagree about a lot of things we just think you are misguided. We don't think you hate America. That really sounds like a childish comment when you haven't got anything else to come back with.

knothead

knothead

[quote="othershoe1030"]
Rogue wrote:

[color=blue]The people on the left, myself included, do not hate America or American ways. I really can't think of a more baseless accusation.

Funny, I don't recall (there's a lot I don't recall these days but...)anyone on the left ever saying that about our wing nuts on here.

We recognize that even though we disagree about a lot of things we just think you are misguided. We don't think you hate America. That really sounds like a childish comment when you haven't got anything else to come back with.

Chrissy doesn't bother me a bit so I don't take those type comments personally . . . . it is a sign of the times. The election is right around the corner so perhaps some issues will be settled . . . .

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Abraham Lincoln
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”

Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Abraham Lincoln
“It is better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to open one's mouth and remove all doubt.”

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should be doing for themselves." -- A. Lincoln

Yes, we must not destroy the rich by asking them to pay their fair share.Who do we think we are anyway?

Markle

Markle

Dreamsglore wrote:
Markle wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Abraham Lincoln

"You cannot help the poor by destroying the rich. You cannot strengthen the weak by weakening the strong. You cannot bring about prosperity by discouraging thrift. You cannot lift the wage earner up by pulling the wage payer down. You cannot further the brotherhood of man by inciting class hatred. You cannot build character and courage by taking away people's initiative independence. You cannot help people permanently by doing for them what they could and should be doing for themselves." -- A. Lincoln

Yes, we must not destroy the rich by asking them to pay their fair share.Who do we think we are anyway?

How much would you take from those who are playing by the rules and producing? Shouldn't EVERYONE pay their fair share?

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

knothead wrote:

The people on the left, myself included, do not hate America or American ways. I really can't think of a more baseless accusation.

Chrissy doesn't bother me a bit so I don't take those type comments personally . . . . it is a sign of the times. The election is right around the corner so perhaps some issues will be settled . . . .

Hmm, I just felt as if I needed to point out the fact that at least in my memory the lefties aren't noted for accusing the other side (wing nuts) of hating the country. I mean they do it all the time and we know it's not true. I guess it is too much to ask for some reasonableness from them?

It is a matter of saying something often enough and people will start to believe it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum