This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I can wait for the investigation and indictments without having a hissy fit

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

They apparently really hate democrats. They've lost historic amounts of elected positions over the 8 years.

Nice try tho... lol.

View user profile

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:

I agree completely. How do you see this ending, him leaving office? What is the mechanism? Do you think he'll just finally resign under so much evidence?

I'm figuring impeachment. The Republicans may even lead it, after putting up with all this. They can claim to be the "party with so much integrity they cast out one of their own when he proved corrupt and incompetent" and use it as a re-set button, to get the public to see Pence as a "fresh start." But, who knows? He could hang on for four exhausting years and then get voted out... and then he'd probably leave under protest. I don't think he really wants to be President anymore. He thought (foolishly) that it'd be a non-stop cavalcade of praise, and it's turned out to be anything but, and that's wearing on him. He's ten pounds heavier every time he shows up on TV. He could even have to give it up for health reasons, if he keeps at it the way he's going.

I'd like to see Trump frog-marched out of the White House, kicking and screaming and waving that silly electoral-college map, which he'll stick up on the wall of a padded cell somewhere. but that's probably too much to hope for. He'll probably slink away in disgrace under cover of night.

View user profile
All this at 3 months in... lol.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:All this at 3 months in... lol.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I agree completely. How do you see this ending, him leaving office? What is the mechanism? Do you think he'll just finally resign under so much evidence?

I'm figuring impeachment.  The Republicans may even lead it, after putting up with all this.  They can claim to be the "party with so much integrity they cast out one of their own when he proved corrupt and incompetent" and use it as a re-set button, to get the public to see Pence as a "fresh start."   But, who knows?  He could hang on for four exhausting years and then get voted out... and then he'd probably leave under protest.  I don't think he really wants to be President anymore.  He thought (foolishly) that it'd be a non-stop cavalcade of praise, and it's turned out to be anything but, and that's wearing on him.  He's ten pounds heavier every time he shows up on TV.  He could even have to give it up for health reasons, if he keeps at it the way he's going.

I'd like to see Trump frog-marched out of the White House, kicking and screaming and waving that silly electoral-college map, which he'll stick up on the wall of a padded cell somewhere. but that's probably too much to hope for.  He'll probably slink away in disgrace under cover of night.

I think you're right. In spite of all the talk about no one being above the law, even the president, it looks like many of the things we consider to be unlawful don't apply to him or this one anyway. Since normal laws don't apply to the president impeachment looks like the only way out.  I think he is only in business, oh excuse me, only in office to serve his own financial gains.

Things are moving quickly with the investigations, leaks and testimony coming up. Let's hope the R's decide to cut their losses. I like your idea about them using this to brand themselves as the party of integrity. They must still cringe at the fact that he's actually in the WH.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:
zsomething wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote:

I'm figuring impeachment.  The Republicans may even lead it, after putting up with all this.  They can claim to be the "party with so much integrity they cast out one of their own when he proved corrupt and incompetent" and use it as a re-set button, to get the public to see Pence as a "fresh start."   But, who knows?  He could hang on for four exhausting years and then get voted out... and then he'd probably leave under protest.  I don't think he really wants to be President anymore.  He thought (foolishly) that it'd be a non-stop cavalcade of praise, and it's turned out to be anything but, and that's wearing on him.  He's ten pounds heavier every time he shows up on TV.  He could even have to give it up for health reasons, if he keeps at it the way he's going.

I'd like to see Trump frog-marched out of the White House, kicking and screaming and waving that silly electoral-college map, which he'll stick up on the wall of a padded cell somewhere. but that's probably too much to hope for.  He'll probably slink away in disgrace under cover of night.

I think you're right. In spite of all the talk about no one being above the law, even the president, it looks like many of the things we consider to be unlawful don't apply to him or this one anyway. Since normal laws don't apply to the president impeachment looks like the only way out.  I think he is only in business, oh excuse me, only in office to serve his own financial gains.

Things are moving quickly with the investigations, leaks and testimony coming up. Let's hope the R's decide to cut their losses. I like your idea about them using this to brand themselves as the party of integrity. They must still cringe at the fact that he's actually in the WH.

The party of fail then, now and always.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum