This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

DOJ appoints former FBI Director Mueller as Special Prosecutor

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

"The Justice Department tapped former FBI director Robert Mueller to be a special counsel overseeing the Russia investigation, the department announced Wednesday.

"The news comes as President Trump and his administration grapple with the fallout from explosive revelations earlier this week that now-fired FBI director James Comey kept notes of a February meeting indicating Trump asked him to close the agency's investigation into former National Security Adviser Michael Flynn."


https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/05/17/justice-department-taps-former-fbi-director-robert-mueller-special-counsel-russia-investigation/101806472/

What's interesting is that Mueller and Comey have a history. When Mueller was FBI Director and Comey was his deputy, they both offered to resign if the Bush Whitehouse overruled a DOJ ruling that a particular domestic wiretapping law was unconstitutional. Bush caved.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
As we all know a special prosecutor investigation takes months if not a year or two. Will congress sit on their hands or continue to work on legislation?

View user profile
dumpcare wrote:As we all know a special prosecutor investigation takes months if not a year or two. Will congress sit on their hands or continue to work on legislation?

Good question!

My guess is that all these investigations will be going on at the same time. Whatever happens, it's going to kill the Republican agenda for the foreseeable future.

What I'm wondering is if Congress can starve Mueller's investigation of funds. Does the Republican Congress have to appropriate the money for Mueller?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
They probably can cut off funds, but Rosenstein can also intervene and tell Mueller it's over. Therefore there really isn't any reason to have a special prosecutor. Trump would have eventually blow up or resign.

View user profile
I'm surprised that the pubs did this. They didn't have to... see Obama terms. But I'm pleased they did.

We need MUCH more transparency and accountability in govt.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I'm surprised that the pubs did this. They didn't have to... see Obama terms. But I'm pleased they did.

We need MUCH more transparency and accountability in govt.

The Department of Justice appoints a Special Counsel to investigate Trump and what's your response?
                                     
OBAMA!

Go take your nap now, little PkrBoy. We'll wake you when this nightmare is over.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
PkrBum wrote:I'm surprised that the pubs did this. They didn't have to... see Obama terms. But I'm pleased they did.

We need MUCH more transparency and accountability in govt.

The Department of Justice appoints a Special Counsel to investigate Trump and what's your response?
                                     
OBAMA!

Go take your nap now, little PkrBoy. We'll wake you when this nightmare is over.

Sad isn't it. Sad

View user profile
How many special prosecutors were named for fast n furious, media wiretapping, irs targeting, benghazi, Hillary emails... etc? There are two distinct sets of standards applied... and that's flawed to it's very core. Beyond that... this is exactly how govt controversies/scandals should be conducted. It's about time.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:I'm surprised that the pubs did this. They didn't have to... see Obama terms. But I'm pleased they did.

We need MUCH more transparency and accountability in govt.

Oh, I'm not surprised at all. Before Trump even took office, I was saying this was how it'd work out.

That Trump would do something impeachment-worthy was a given. The guy's a high-octane cocktail of half the mental illnesses in the DSM-IV, and he's been an incredibly corrupt businessman his whole career. The GOP establishment never wanted the guy... they were just willing to take him because (A) they wanted power back no matter what, and (B) their hated arch-nemesis Hillary Clinton coming into office after the maddeningly successful presidency of a black man was more than they could stand... so much so that they'd vote for Charles Manson if he was the other option.

They never planned to keep Trump. They knew he'd be a disaster, but knew they'd have their pick of things to impeach him for. So, they gave the Meskin'n'Muslim-hatin' voters a few months of the dog-and-jackass reality show they'd worked for, let America get tired of it, and then they'd get to come to the rescue, pretending to be the party with enough integrity to vote out one of their own when he proved incompetent.

Then they'd use that as a reset button, and bring Pence in. They like Pence. He's a crazy theocrat, and they've been wanting one of those for some time now, ever since their politics became inextricably wound around religion. And he's quiet and well-spoken and knows how to conduct himself, so after the chaos and turmoil of Trump, ol' bland personality-free Pence may even seem refreshing. The public may get tricked into granting the GOP a clean slate, once they forget all this mayhem.

So, no, this isn't surprising at all. This was the plan all along, once they figured out their voters were too enchanted with the furr'ner-hatin' xenophobe Trump to toss him aside for a legit candidate instead.

Probably the only people who want Trump out worse than the Democrats are the Republicans. I mean, I know I'd hate to have that loonietoon representing my party. It's gotta be embarrassing, especially all that ugly stuff it reveals about your voters.

View user profile
Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

View user profile

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here. I post a lot of places. And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here.  I post a lot of places.  And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

Really? Because you write in a very similar manner as a lady here. Go figure... lol.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here.  I post a lot of places.  And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

Really? Because you write in a very similar manner as a lady here. Go figure... lol.

Sorry to add to any paranoia, but I honestly am not anyone's sock puppet. I'd imagine any admin who wanted to could verify that I'm typing from Mississippi.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here.  I post a lot of places.  And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

Really? Because you write in a very similar manner as a lady here. Go figure... lol.

Sorry to add to any paranoia, but I honestly am not anyone's sock puppet.  I'd imagine any admin who wanted to could verify that I'm typing from Mississippi.

Ok... I'm sorry to have implied incorrectly. It's just nice to know a person's history and opinions here.

Context is important to honest dialogue.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here.  I post a lot of places.  And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

Really? Because you write in a very similar manner as a lady here. Go figure... lol.

Sorry to add to any paranoia, but I honestly am not anyone's sock puppet.  I'd imagine any admin who wanted to could verify that I'm typing from Mississippi.

Ok... I'm sorry to have implied incorrectly. It's just nice to know a person's history and opinions here.

Context is important to honest dialogue.

It's okay. If ya'll have a history of sock-puppetry here, I don't blame anyone for suspicions.

View user profile
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
zsomething wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Where did you predict this before trump took office? Under another name?

Not here.  I post a lot of places.  And a lot of people have seen this coming for quite some time.

Really? Because you write in a very similar manner as a lady here. Go figure... lol.

Sorry to add to any paranoia, but I honestly am not anyone's sock puppet.  I'd imagine any admin who wanted to could verify that I'm typing from Mississippi.

Ok... I'm sorry to have implied incorrectly. It's just nice to know a person's history and opinions here.

Context is important to honest dialogue.

It's okay.   If ya'll have a history of sock-puppetry here, I don't blame anyone for suspicions.  

Zsomething, you're far too kind, and I would take Pkr's "apology" with a grain of salt. Some of the people here are positively paranoid and obsessive over finding socks at every turn. It's pretty pitiful.

As for me, I want to thank you for your thoughtful post above. Not sure I buy into the "conspiracy" theory of planning on Trump so they could get Pence (in fact I really can't give the Republicans credit, especially not for being single-minded enough,when there's been a huge split between establishment types and conservatives including your noted religious right, to plan this particular rather convoluted move). Nevertheless I enjoyed your post, and it's always interesting to learn how forum members think. You express yourself well.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:

Zsomething, you're far too kind, and I would take Pkr's "apology" with a grain of salt.  Some of the people here are positively paranoid and obsessive over finding socks at every turn.  It's pretty pitiful.

As for me, I want to thank you for your thoughtful post above.  Not sure I buy into the "conspiracy" theory of planning on Trump so they could get Pence (in fact I really can't give the Republicans credit, especially not for being single-minded enough,when there's been a huge split between establishment types and conservatives including your noted religious right, to plan this particular rather convoluted move). Nevertheless I enjoyed your post, and it's always interesting to learn how forum members think.  You express yourself well.

Thanks! Smile I figured it could be sarcastic, but I'd err on the side of giving him benefit of the doubt. I've seen a few people here who I think are good folks (seaoat, for example) be a little paranoid about sockpuppets, so I figured the place maybe had a history and people might be skittish for a legit reason.

And, you could be right. My idea is admittedly conspiracy-theory-ish, and I may be giving them too much credit for tactical thinking. But I figure they were desperate to keep Hillary out so they'd even take Trump. That's the establishment Republicans, though -- most of Trump's voters are just gullible and xenophobic, and will vote for anyone who promises a bad time for brown people. I'm pretty sure most of the elected Republicans knew Trump would be an embarrassment, though... they tried to stop him for a while, but when their base stranded them with Trump, they figured eventually they'd bide their time and get Pence as a consolation prize. Pence will be horrible, too, in different ways, but he at least has enough sense to put a good face on it and not flat-out embarrass the country. Trump can't manage that... he's been surrounded by yes-men so long that he thinks he can get away with anything, and is dismayed to find the rest of the world won't toady to him. He's still too preoccupied with getting attention to realize he's making a fool of himself... and of everybody who voted for him.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum