Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Small business health care cooperatives.....a success story for the ACA

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I do not have a link, but I had my shots on Friday at Northwestern and I was listening to local radio. A small business group is getting small business owners in Illinois to form their own insurance company, and they are applying for loans under the ACA which will allow any business person who has less than 25 employees to join this coop. The gentleman on the radio said there are only four choices in Illinois for health care insurance, and this company will be a pure non profit which provide a fifth alternative to business. Business people will actively participate in this coop and have received funding from the Illinois legislature.

I do not like the ACA. I think it is inefficient and medicare for all with a national sales tax was the right course, but what I listened to on the radio is exciting. If this is duplicated over the country, we will start to see price stability, and that in and of itself will have an impact on medicaid.

2seaoat wrote:I do not have a link, but I had my shots on Friday at Northwestern and I was listening to local radio. A small business group is getting small business owners in Illinois to form their own insurance company, and they are applying for loans under the ACA which will allow any business person who has less than 25 employees to join this coop. The gentleman on the radio said there are only four choices in Illinois for health care insurance, and this company will be a pure non profit which provide a fifth alternative to business. Business people will actively participate in this coop and have received funding from the Illinois legislature.
I do not like the ACA. I think it is inefficient and medicare for all with a national sales tax was the right course, but what I listened to on the radio is exciting. If this is duplicated over the country, we will start to see price stability, and that in and of itself will have an impact on medicaid.

how much funding from the gov did they recieve?

hey I have an idea. lets just make all healthcare run by the gov, all healthcare industries can also be owned by the Gov and all healthcare empolyees will be gov employees. The gov can make a tax to pay for it like you said. it should all work out good because the Gov can provide everything so much cheaper and way more efficient than anyone else. its your idea really.

what do you care anyway, you got yours.

2seaoat

Pay attention....I did not like the ACA. However, if we cannot get medicare for all....my first preference, then what is happening in Illinois is encouraging. Private small business is forming their own insurance company, which is one of the provisions under the 2000 pages of the law. It allows loans for start up of new non profit cooperatives. This is the free enterprise system working with competition. The folks on the radio were saying in Illinois they only have four choices for an health insurance company. One businessman said in one year he had a 40% increase in his health care premiums and had no place to go.

Cooperatives will have the owner of the company being those small business owners with 25 employees or less pooling their resources and not going out and buying insurance from another insurance company and having their rates lowered....they are forming their own insurance company, and cutting out the middle man and the profits of the insurance companies.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum