Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The latest budget

+3
PkrBum
2seaoat
othershoe1030
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1The latest budget Empty The latest budget 5/2/2017, 8:32 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Just hearing a few of the highlights of this latest budget it sounds as if the Dems came out really well. I don't know how this happened but I'm glad it did.

The $1 trillion deal, which will fund the government through September, is a six-months-overdue piece of major legislation that finishes out the budget for fiscal year 2017. Last week Congress passed, and Trump signed, a one-week extension that funded the government through this Friday at midnight, so passing a broader budget bill this week is essential to avoid a shutdown. Congress goes on recess next week.
However, to keep the government open, the Trump administration had to give up, for the time being, large sections of its agenda: building Trump’s wall, defunding Planned Parenthood, and deeply cutting domestic programs, to name a few.

https://thinkprogress.org/14-ways-trump-lost-bigly-with-the-budget-deal-fbe42e852730

2The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/2/2017, 8:37 pm

2seaoat

20 plus billion increase in defense spending......nobody won. The world will now have more dead innocents, and America will continue down the path of self destruction sucking vital investment dollars and throwing them away down the rabbit hole of defense spending. When will enough be enough?

3The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/2/2017, 9:07 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

If the dems block the next one... there'll be a price to pay. Of course it'll still be the pubs fault...

except to any thinking and fair minded person.

4The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/2/2017, 9:24 pm

del.capslock

del.capslock

othershoe1030 wrote: defunding Planned Parenthood

Look, please don't take this the wrong way, but explain why the Federal government should fund Planned Parenthood? Why could that not be left up to the States.

And believe me, I am WAY far to the left of anyone on this forum, so it's not because I'm some kind of Neanderthal about this. Just convince me, okay?

And it's fine if you get all shrill and emotional about it. I expect that, just try and squeeze a little reason in there, okay?

[I'm sorry, but women are just too fucking easy to tweak about this shit. I can't help myself because I realize better than most of them the power they hold over men. Our peckers are nothing but handles you women lead us around with.]

http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

5The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/3/2017, 8:52 pm

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

del.capslock wrote:
othershoe1030 wrote: defunding Planned Parenthood

Look, please don't take this the wrong way, but explain why the Federal government should fund Planned Parenthood? Why could that not be left up to the States.

And believe me, I am WAY far to the left of anyone on this forum, so it's not because I'm some kind of Neanderthal about this. Just convince me, okay?

And it's fine if you get all shrill and emotional about it. I expect that, just try and squeeze a little reason in there, okay?

[I'm sorry, but women are just too fucking easy to tweak about this shit. I can't help myself because I realize better than most of them the power they hold over men. Our peckers are nothing but handles you women lead us around with.]

LOL! at least you are clear as to your station in society!

Seriously I do not need to get shrill at all. My philosophical support of the work that Planned Parenthood does comes from the notion that, not strangely, if people have access to birth control there will be fewer unwanted pregnancies. I think parenthood Should be planned and not just a random event.

As to letting the states support such efforts, perhaps the intention is good but the result would be uneven at best. I would imagine that the poorest states with the women most in need of public clinics would have the least funding so the effect would hurt those who would help the most. It just seems to me that the work PP does is beneficial to the women and men it serves and it deserves to be supported by federal tax dollars. Just my opinion.

The latest budget Planned-parenthood-revenue-sources-m-_chartbuilder-1-_custom-b6dba5df80b521af480827cb19fc58468d7ec747-s300-c85

The latest budget Planned-parenthood-services-2013-14_chartbuilder-2-_custom-2c71379b77e7eb35a5d6357662032d86fa0ef32a-s300-c85

6The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/3/2017, 10:58 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

What about the health departments? Nationwide there are approximately 10,000 Health Departments clinics, including clinics in poor rural areas. You know those areas where poor people can not get picture ID's. Unfortunately, only 650 planned parenthood clinics are located throughout the US.

Some of the Health Department services include .....

Reproductive Health Services
Physical exam, including a medical history, Pap smear, clinical breast exam, height, weight and blood pressure.
Family planning counseling and education on all contraceptive methods, including abstinence and natural family planning.
Testing for pregnancy, HIV and sexually-transmitted diseases.
Birth control supplies
Sterilization, including counseling, education and referral.
Pre-conception counseling to help plan your pregnancy.
Care coordination for certain high-risk clients.

OOPS! NO ABORTIONS. Planned parenthood does 330,000 abortions a year ....the Health Department doesn't.

7The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 12:44 am

Vikingwoman

How does somebody else's abortion affect you?

8The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 12:51 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:How does somebody else's abortion affect you?

I think it should be a personal expense, rather than taxpayers footing the bill. I also believe Planned Parenthood should be privately funded since they provide duplicate services of an already funded agency.

BTW is that all you got out of the post?

9The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 1:02 am

Vikingwoman

Not all health dept's perform all those services nor could they handle all the services needed by poor people. You don't think taxpayers should pay for abortions because of your religious beliefs which have nothing to do w/ anyone else.

10The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 1:37 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Vikingwoman wrote:Not all health dept's perform all those services nor could they handle all the services needed by poor people. You don't think taxpayers should pay for abortions because of your religious beliefs which have nothing to do w/ anyone else.

No not because of my religious beliefs....
I would rather they perform sterilization procedures rather than abortions...especially abortions after 12 weeks.

11The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 1:52 am

Vikingwoman

I don't believe PP performs abortions after 12 weeks nor does anyone else unless it is a medical necessity.

12The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 2:23 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

Joanimaroni wrote:
I would rather they perform sterilization procedures rather than abortions...especially abortions after 12 weeks.

If it's not because of your crazy religious beliefs, then why do you believe that?

Why that arbitrary time limit? Why 12 weeks instead of the threshold of viability--the Roe v. Wade standard--roughly 20 to 24 weeks?

Why on earth would you want to sterilize a woman who has perhaps just made a simple miscalculation? Is it related to your hateful posting and subsequent mocking of the pictures of people who have merely been accused of a crime rather than convicted? Explain, please.

Do you have a rational as opposed to an emotional reason? Are you even capable of true reason? Have you always been such an ignorant, wicked person?

13The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 8:15 am

Vikingwoman

I don't think there's a that that performs abortions at 6 months unless it's medically necessary.

14The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:14 am

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

Basically the use of federal tax dollars has been taken care of since the late 70's via the Hyde Amendment. If you want to get into the nuts and bolts of all that there is a detailed article with graphs at the link below.

Getting back to the larger budget being passed, I am happy to see so many of the items end up the way they did. Spicer did his best as usual to spin it but many conservative talking heads were nearly delirious over the final bill. I think it's just great that the "best deal maker in the world" didn't get such a good deal. He is SO in over his head and is SO unaware of what and who he is dealing with. It would be funny if it weren't so serious.

Since the Supreme Court’s 1973 decision in Roe v. Wade, abortion has been squarely in the middle of political debates at the national and state levels.  Soon after the Court’s ruling, Congress enacted the Hyde Amendment which blocks federal funds from being used to pay for abortion outside of the exceptions for rape, incest, or if the pregnancy is determined to endanger the woman’s life. Since its passage 40 years ago, the law has dramatically limited coverage of abortion under Medicaid, as well as other federal programs.

http://kff.org/womens-health-policy/perspective/the-hyde-amendment-and-coverage-for-abortion-services/?gclid=Cj0KEQjwoqvIBRD6ls6og8qB77YBEiQAcqqHe_RE70hYnNQ31Gq_UPINQUXwZWRByrk7nFbc656sTagaAoae8P8HAQ

15The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:16 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

del.capslock wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

If it's not because of your crazy religious beliefs, then why do you believe that?

Why that arbitrary time limit? Why 12 weeks instead of the threshold of viability--the Roe v. Wade standard--roughly 20 to 24 weeks?

Why on earth would you want to sterilize a woman who has perhaps just made a simple miscalculation? Is it related to your hateful posting and subsequent mocking of the pictures of people who have merely been accused of a crime rather than convicted? Explain, please.

Do you have a rational as opposed to an emotional reason? Are you even capable of true reason? Have you always been such an ignorant, wicked person?

Idiot !

16The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:31 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

People have a right to abortion... that's set. They have no right whatsoever to have it funded by govt.

17The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:33 am

del.capslock

del.capslock

Joanimaroni wrote:Idiot !

HELP!  I've been attacked with a dull instrument: Joaniphoani's wit!

18The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:38 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

del.capslock wrote:

You obviously are just trolling with a contrived nasty demeanor... or else you wouldn't be hiding behind a sock. Do you really think that anyone is taking you seriously? Cmon... be a big boy and play fair.

19The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 2:24 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

You obviously are just trolling with a contrived nasty demeanor... or else you wouldn't be hiding behind a sock. Do you really think that anyone is taking you seriously? Cmon... be a big boy and play fair.

The same could be said of you steroid boy. Most, if anyone, who did take you seriously are now posting on that other message board. The place where your farmboy sidekick now posts with the paid spammer. Speaking of socks, how often are you going to delete your account and start a new one with the same dumb user name? Don't you get tired of Pkr Bum? Everybody else has.

20The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 5:46 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

The same could be said of you steroid boy. Most, if anyone, who did take you seriously are now posting on that other message board. The place where your farmboy sidekick now posts with the paid spammer. Speaking of socks, how often are you going to delete your account and start a new one with the same dumb user name? Don't you get tired of Pkr Bum? Everybody else has.

What kind of life do you really have? You are on this forum all day everyday. You obviously follow the US Message Board, more specifically, my posts and the posts of former members. And you seem to check in on Every Day Pensacola.

I really think you are extremely jealous of Pkrbum, and I can certainly understand why. However, your constant remarks regarding his short term steroid use is more than ridiculous, it is stupid. Treatment with steroids and pain medication is well within the standard guidelines of recommended drugs for his condition.

21The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 6:12 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
del.capslock wrote:

What kind of life do you really have? You are on this forum all day everyday. You obviously follow the US Message Board, more specifically, my posts and the posts of former members. And you seem to check in on Every Day Pensacola.

I really think you are extremely jealous of Pkrbum, and I can certainly understand why. However, your constant remarks regarding his short term steroid use is more than ridiculous, it is stupid. Treatment with steroids and pain medication is well within the standard guidelines of recommended drugs for his condition.

I'm sure your lap dog and new sister from Japan Pkr will be along shortly with pee dripping down his/her leg like always nurse bluto. Laughing So happy that he found a new granny to play with his fuzzy balls while he pops his pills. Rolling Eyes

The latest budget Nurse-10

22The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 8:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

How many steroids do you and your second wife have to take?

23The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:17 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:How many steroids do you and your second wife have to take?

The latest budget Joani_10

Quick! Turn out the lights! I smell crazy old granny waddling up the block. Laughing

24The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Lol.....I can still walk and have full function of my bladder.

25The latest budget Empty Re: The latest budget 5/4/2017, 10:50 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:Lol.....I can still walk and have full function of my bladder.

Wow, you mean there's a business for flabby old bulldykes giving golden showers in your neck of the woods? Well how bout' dat.' Razz

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum