Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Welcome Newbies * except for all the goofy p dog socks.

+6
zsomething
PkrBum
RealLindaL
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
10 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 4]

RealLindaL

Joanimaroni wrote: Narcissistic Personality Disorder at it's best.

SYMPTOMS

Narcissistic personality disorder is indicated by five or more of the following symptoms:

Exaggerates own importance

Is preoccupied with fantasies of success, power, beauty, intelligence or ideal romance

Believes he or she is special and can only be understood by other special people or institutions

Requires constant attention and admiration from others

Has unreasonable expectations of favorable treatment

Takes advantage of others to reach his or her own goals

Disregards the feelings of others, lacks empathy

Is often envious of others or believes other people are envious of him or her

Shows arrogant behaviors and attitudes
50 to 75 percent of the people diagnosed with narcissistic personality disorder are male.

Oh, I see -- so you're saying your beloved hero Donald Trump is behind the socks here? lol! lol!

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:So we have five new members in a couple weeks......you can call it whatever you want, but it is so stupid to not recognize what is going on.......some people are trying to stimulate conversation with these imaginary folk, which is fine if you believe in the Easter Bunny and the tooth fairy, and I simply do not want to get involved in the underlying politics of past issues.   Tedious is being polite.

So, sea, since you are (or at least used to be) a studied, logical person, let me ask you this, counselor: By your standards, how are we EVER, EVER to determine if a new member trying to connect here is an actual real person, and not simply "imaginary folk" whom we should ignore? Hm??

Or maybe you don't really want to deal with new people at all? That would be understandable, given that they know nothing of your long history and you probably don't feel like trying to bring them up to speed on where you are today. I'm not saying this to be critical. Just trying to understand where in the world you're coming from with this Joani-like chit.

And I hate to tell you, but the "underlying politics of past issues" is something you are playing right into when you align yourself with Joani's obsession on the socks thing.

2seaoat

I have no obsession with socks. They simply exist. I welcomed the refreshing dialogue with Z's daughter. It was refreshing. So new members do find their way here, but it is a rare event. To pretend a sock who is talking about past issues, is a new member is simply a question of perception. I have been fooled. Others are fooled, but again Lincoln said it best:

You can fool all the people some of the time, and some of the people all the time, but you cannot fool all the people all the time.

RealLindaL

Oh, was there a new member talking about past issues, other than perhaps one who admitted to being a long-time lurker? I'd like to know who that was, please.

zsomething

Joanimaroni wrote:

What other forum?

"Everyday Pensacola."   It's the only one I've ever seen.  And I didn't even lurk there very long... place gave me a headache.

RealLindaL

Hope WE don't give you a headache, z. At least, not too often. Laughing (We give ourselves one sometimes.) Stick around.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I've been lurking on here for a few weeks, and boy, y'all sure do get nasty with each other.

And, honestly, since folks were imagining what my dad would be thinking right now, I can tell you 100% that he would tell you guys to "chill out." I know you guys say this is a playful sandbox and all, and I know my dad would play rough from time to time, but really. You all get awfully personal for not having met each other in real life. But, then again, I guess that is partly the beauty of this thing.

Just my observation as an outsider.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

PkrBum

PkrBum

They just want to chase off anyone that disagrees with them... and anything goes.

See: college campuses

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:They just want to chase off anyone that disagrees with them... and anything goes.

Michigan baby need a safe zone. lol! lol! lol!

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Telstar wrote:
PkrBum wrote:They just want to chase off anyone that disagrees with them... and anything goes.

Michigan baby need a safe zone.  lol! lol! lol!

Come on. Now you're starting to sound like Tami Lahren Razz

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Telstar

Telstar

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Telstar wrote:

Michigan baby need a safe zone.  lol! lol! lol!

Come on. Now you're starting to sound like Tami Lahren Razz

Heavens to Glen Beck no. It's just that Pkr Bum often likes to point out that libs are snowflakes and need a safe zone.

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I've been lurking on here for a few weeks, and boy, y'all sure do get nasty with each other.

And, honestly, since folks were imagining what my dad would be thinking right now, I can tell you 100% that he would tell you guys to "chill out." I know you guys say this is a playful sandbox and all, and I know my dad would play rough from time to time, but really. You all get awfully personal for not having met each other in real life. But, then again, I guess that is partly the beauty of this thing.

I'm relatively new around here as well and I have made that same observation.

I've been part of many discussion forums and I have NEVER seen one where this   level of personal attack and hate speech are permissible.  
Almost makes me look like an adult by comparison!  Shocked

Behavior like here would get you perma-banned in a minute anywhere else.

Telstar

Telstar

panhandler wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I've been lurking on here for a few weeks, and boy, y'all sure do get nasty with each other.

I'm relatively new around here as well and I have made that same observation.

I've been part of many discussion forums and I have NEVER seen one where this   level of personal attack and hate speech are permissible.  
Almost makes me look like an adult by comparison!  Shocked

Behavior like here would get you perma-banned in a minute anywhere else.

That's why I created this thread, to at least try and make new members feel welcome. You can see that some want none of that. They already cry over the past control they lost. Sad.

Telstar

Telstar

Welcome newbie Jimbobogie to the p-cooter forum.

Telstar

Telstar

Waiting wrote:Newb

Welcome Waiting. Very Happy

2seaoat

Life's illusions...

Telstar

Telstar

I been stuck with static cling.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:Life's illusions...