This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

HBO special on Syria......you will cry.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Russians and the Syrian dictator bombing schools and hospitals, dropping cluster bombs in residential neighborhoods, Sarin gas attacks in 2013 where over a thousand people died, almost 700 were children. Do not watch this if you are faint of heart. Putin is a war criminal. You do not carpet bomb residential neighborhoods with cluster bombs. The scene which broke my spirit was a grade school art show which was being video tapped......beautiful happy children celebrating their art work, and then body parts on the walls and all the children dead with their art work drenched in blood. Anybody who neutral on investigating the Russian influence on our elections, and other nations elections is failing to address a true criminal in Putin. He knew they were bombing civilian areas which were NOT ISIS. He knew they were bombing schools and hospitals. There were no mistakes. I will not stand up like McCain and butchmeup and demand military action.....hell....we are celebrating a bigger than average bomb. What cowards we have become. When you let MIC take over your nation, the results are certain....perpetual war and dead innocent children. I wish I had died before I saw that documentary. I am ashamed. I will not point fingers of blame to anyone but myself. I needed to do much more with my life than I did when this kind of injustice can numb the American public to continually favor war. It is my fault. I needed to do more. Those precious children died because an entire generation of Americans did not step up and challenge the military worship in this country, the police state, and now an increase of 350 billion in defense spending. I sat by and thought I was a good man. A moral man. I was not. I should have fought military spending and the creation of the military and police state, but instead.......I just went along. God help us in the evil we have bestowed on this world.

View user profile
Schlachthof Funf

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
Seaoat for chrissakes these atrocities were committed by a MADMAN DICTATOR. He and his supporters, whoever and wherever they are - -in Russia or elsewhere -- are the ONLY ONES at fault for this. YOU ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE, and neither is the U.S. of A. PERIOD. If evil assholes like Assad didn't exist, neither would war and destruction. Get over it and get on with enjoying the balance of your days on Earth.

View user profile
No....simply NO. We back Israel and Saudi Arabia. They funded initially ISIS as a counterbalance to the growing shia influence and the Iranian sphere of influence in Iraq. We were complicit. Our foreign policy for fifty years was to compromise the Syrians who were a threat to Israel. It was no accident what happened to these children. The Russians fully know we were complicit in the start of ISIS. The support of Israel and Saudi Arabia guarantee huge defense contracts as machines of war fill the Middle East and we argue that it is these historic difference, yet Muslim, Christian, and Jew lived in the middle east in comparative peace before the western colonial powers divided up the oil booty and created puppet states which created perpetual war. No, you are either a solution to a problem or part of the problem. I spent fifty years of my life being part of the problem. I have perhaps a year to be part of the solution. We need to drastically cut our defense budget. We need regions of this country which get an economic bounty from war, to simply get off the government teat. I am angry. I sat knowing the underlying realities and I was unwilling to yell from the rafters that this country must stop worshiping war and the military. It must stop.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:We need to drastically cut our defense budget.  We need regions of this country which get an economic bounty from war, to simply get off the government teat.  I am angry.  I sat knowing the underlying realities and I was unwilling to yell from the rafters that this country must stop worshiping war and the military.   It must stop.

So what, exactly, do you propose to do now, especially under a Trump administration??

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum