This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

U.S. drops largest non-nuclear bomb in Afghanistan

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Telstar wrote:And so it goes...

Busy, busy busy...

I'm not even going to begin to list the differences between 'Nam and the International crisis that is being created by Islamist fundamentalism.

The Vietnam War was, by any rational analysis, a tragic mistake--as was the invasion of Iraq. But now, probably as one of the consequences of that colossally wrong-headed invasion, the world is facing a serious crisis.

What do YOU propose we do about it? Just ignore it?

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:And so it goes...

Busy, busy busy...

I'm not even going to begin to list the differences between 'Nam and the International crisis that is being created by Islamist fundamentalism.

The Vietnam War was, by any rational analysis, a tragic mistake--as was the invasion of Iraq. But now, probably as one of the consequences of that colossally wrong-headed invasion, the world is facing a serious crisis.

What do YOU propose we do about it? Just ignore it?



The world is always facing a serious crisis. Let's settle the crisis by making the same stupid mistakes.

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
The world is always facing a serious crisis. Let's settle the crisis by making the same stupid mistakes.

The depth and urgency of this crisis can be measured by the acts of terrorism and the magnitude of the refugee crisis in Europe.

With all disdue respect, you're just saying what NOT to do.

Do you think we should just ignore Islamic terrorism and it will go away? If not, propose a solution.

I always felt that the US would have been better off dropping bales of $100 bills instead of bombs in Vietnam. Is there a way to throw money at the problem that would have any effect? I don't know, I just think that, with a pretty close reading of modern history, what we--not just the US but the collective, Western "we"--are going through now is different from anything in the last half-century.

Propose a solution other than just killing the crazy sons-a-bitches. I'm all ears...     so to speak.

View user profile http://www.flickr.com/photos/btraven/
del.capslock wrote:
Telstar wrote:
The world is always facing a serious crisis. Let's settle the crisis by making the same stupid mistakes.

The depth and urgency of this crisis can be measured by the acts of terrorism and the magnitude of the refugee crisis in Europe.

With all disdue respect, you're just saying what NOT to do.

Do you think we should just ignore Islamic terrorism and it will go away? If not, propose a solution.

I always felt that the US would have been better off dropping bales of $100 bills instead of bombs in Vietnam. Is there a way to throw money at the problem that would have any effect? I don't know, I just think that, with a pretty close reading of modern history, what we--not just the US but the collective, Western "we"--are going through now is different from anything in the last half-century.

Propose a solution other than just killing the crazy sons-a-bitches. I'm all ears...     so to speak.


So if killing the crazy sons of bitches hasn't worked so far, why should it work now?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum