Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

New jobs report brought down Romney debate high

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read.php?id=19240028&ps=1017&srce=news_class&action=5&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L5_UNEWS

LOL! "They sat stoney faced and quiet on the plane ride"

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Dreamsglore wrote:http://www.mediacomtoday.com/news/read.php?id=19240028&ps=1017&srce=news_class&action=5&lang=en&_LT=UNLC_NKNWU00L5_UNEWS

LOL! "They sat stoney faced and quiet on the plane ride"

They are in their War Room, cooking up a new batch of mush to counter such good news.......

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Margin Call

Margin Call

I think the fact checkers killed the buzz.

knothead

knothead

So since we are all American citizens, are we going to celebrate this improvement in the jobs numbers? We all want things to improve, right? I choose to not make too much of this except it is good news and we should all be pleased that the positive trajectory is continuing.

JACK WELCH: Obama Is Manipulating The Jobs Numbers Because His Debate Performance Was Awful

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

knothead wrote:So since we are all American citizens, are we going to celebrate this improvement in the jobs numbers? We all want things to improve, right? I choose to not make too much of this except it is good news and we should all be pleased that the positive trajectory is continuing.

we would celebrate it if it was true. but its a cooked book scheme brought to you by our crooked gov run by our crooked prez.

labor dept says 144000 new jobs added in sept, a household poll says 873,000 added. so then you get a avg. even the former CBO says its implausable. This is a scheme.

most people here know its a scheme or it would have been a huge topic. That should be telling to some of you.

2seaoat

The polls are manipulated, Obama can only speak with a teleprompter, and the labor department has manipulated their data because Obama told them to make him look good. Propaganda has become so widespread that I am beginning to wonder if it is too late for America. If low wattage voters can be so easily manipulated when so few control the sources of information, we are in deep trouble. Yes, the employment statistics are reliable when they say something which supports your position. Both sides use them to their advantage to "prove" their position......but in my memory this is the first time I have heard the books have been cooked. However, the misinformation and propaganda techniques have become so bold that it is spilling over everywhere. I really worry about the election being physically stolen because the Oligarchy who used to subtle has become so overt and so confident, I am afraid it may be too late for America. The American experiment may already be complete.....a footnote in history, as we will need to fight a new American Revolution to ever find the same again.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

alecto wrote:
JACK WELCH: Obama Is Manipulating The Jobs Numbers Because His Debate Performance Was Awful

http://www.businessinsider.com/jack-welch-obama-jobs-report-numbers-romney-2012-10

Jack Welch should apologize (definitely not going to happen) to everyone for making such a statement in view of the fact that he admitted on camera to Chris Matthews on Hardball, that he had absolutely nothing on which to base such a statement.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-fXyO8ntC4

The 7.8% figure may get adjusted as they do every month but for the time being it stands as is. The same methodology was used this month as in every previous month. Those statistics were shouted from the rooftops by those who wanted to use them to discredit the president but now they are left trying to create their own more appealing reality, again.

It makes me want to go out and buy something just to keep the ball rolling.

No way to fudge numbers, ex-agency chief says
Manipulating the government’s monthly unemployment report is impossible because of the large number of people — mostly civil servants and not political appointees — involved in compiling the data, said the former commissioner of the Bureau of Labor Statistics.

“I think it would be impossible to really manipulate the numbers,” said Keith Hall, who served from 2008 to 2012 as commissioner of the independent agency, which produces the report. “Certainly, it would be impossible to manipulate the numbers and not be found out.”

After the BLS reported Friday that the unemployment rate in September dropped to 7.8% from 8.1%, former General Electric Chief Executive Jack Welch charged that the White House manipulated the number to distract from Democratic President Barack Obama’s debate performance this week.

Hall, who was appointed by former President George W. Bush, a Republican, and served through much of the Obama administration, said BLS commissioner is a nonpolitical position. The commissioner serves a four-year term and is not replaced by an incoming president, as the heads of cabinet departments and other agencies are.

http://www.freep.com/article/20121006/BUSINESS07/310060038/Conspiracy-theory-nearly-overshadows-positive-news-on-lowest-unemployment-rate-in-nearly-4-years?odyssey=nav%7Chead

knothead

knothead

Rogue wrote:
knothead wrote:So since we are all American citizens, are we going to celebrate this improvement in the jobs numbers? We all want things to improve, right? I choose to not make too much of this except it is good news and we should all be pleased that the positive trajectory is continuing.

we would celebrate it if it was true. but its a cooked book scheme brought to you by our crooked gov run by our crooked prez.

labor dept says 144000 new jobs added in sept, a household poll says 873,000 added. so then you get a avg. even the former CBO says its implausable. This is a scheme.

most people here know its a scheme or it would have been a huge topic. That should be telling to some of you.

Chrissy, you sound as though you are a glass half empty person as opposed to a glass half full person. As seaoat pointed out, the conspiratorial elements are out in the light of day, why can we not all be happy to say things are improving? Instead, you choose the half empty narrative which puts you not on the side of America but on the side of the ABO crowd . . . . . it's shameful, sickening actually.

2seaoat

I think that arbitrary numbers never serve either side well. 7.8% unemployment is unacceptable. If somebody thinks that this is time for a big banner on a Carrier and President Obama getting in a flight suit with a thumbs up "Mission Accomplished"......no, we need to focus on the issues, we need to stop the lies, we need to as a nation to flush the propaganda and recognize that there are clear economic choices and policy which can make America better......no reason to gloat, but also no reason to cry foul when things are not going your way......the fact is Obama is going to waltz to reelection, and it just blows me away that folks on this forum cannot see that the debate, or these labor stats mean a thing.....When Mitt Romney became the nominee.....he could never win....America is not that stupid.....and all the whipped cream and cherries put on that pile of dung will not change the reality of what lies beneath the facade.

knothead wrote:
Rogue wrote:

Chrissy, you sound as though you are a glass half empty person as opposed to a glass half full person. As seaoat pointed out, the conspiratorial elements are out in the light of day, why can we not all be happy to say things are improving? Instead, you choose the half empty narrative which puts you not on the side of America but on the side of the ABO crowd . . . . . it's shameful, sickening actually.

Thats not true knothead. I am a glass half full person and you know it.

I would be happy if I thought things were improving, but a lie about them improving is not going to make me swoon. You know as well as I that boards, seaoat, margincall, Z and others would be on here boasting up a storm if this data was factually plausably correct.

Weve had a do nothing president for almost 4 years. He cant run on his record so they cook the books for this and toss it out there all of a sudden after all this time. The numbers dont add up, you know it, I know it, the others here know it.

knothead

knothead

Swooning? heck no, no one is swooning. No one is spiking the ball or fist pumping. You challenge the plausibility of the BLS without anything other than your bias, I get that as we all have bias. My point is, by God, things are improving slowly but they are improving and it is baffling to me why anyone refuses to recognize the obvious. It is like you categorically reject any success or sign of success if credit would be given the President, just like the GOP Senate and GOP House . . . . . you would fit in perfectly there.

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

2seaoat wrote:I think that arbitrary numbers never serve either side well. 7.8% unemployment is unacceptable. If somebody thinks that this is time for a big banner on a Carrier and President Obama getting in a flight suit with a thumbs up "Mission Accomplished"......no, we need to focus on the issues, we need to stop the lies, we need to as a nation to flush the propaganda and recognize that there are clear economic choices and policy which can make America better......no reason to gloat, but also no reason to cry foul when things are not going your way......the fact is Obama is going to waltz to reelection, and it just blows me away that folks on this forum cannot see that the debate, or these labor stats mean a thing.....When Mitt Romney became the nominee.....he could never win....America is not that stupid.....and all the whipped cream and cherries put on that pile of dung will not change the reality of what lies beneath the facade.

We have to have faith in the aggregate wisdom of the voting public and hope they can see through the whipped cream and cherries.

I trust the electoral vote numbers as predicted by Nate Silver because he has a good track record.

[color=black]The accuracy of his November 2008 presidential election predictions—he correctly predicted the winner of 49 of the 50 states—won Silver further attention and commendation. The only state he missed was Indiana, which went for Barack Obama by 1%. He also correctly predicted the winner of all 35 Senate races that year.

In April 2009, he was named one of The World's 100 Most Influential People by Time.[4]
The accuracy of his November 2008 presidential election predictions—he correctly predicted the winner of 49 of the 50 states—won Silver further attention and commendation. The only state he missed was Indiana, which went for Barack Obama by 1%. He also correctly predicted the winner of all 35 Senate races that year.
In April 2009, he was named one of The World's 100 Most Influential People by Time.[4]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nate_Silver

I'm wondering if these other polls that lean heavily to a RR win will madly adjust their projections at the last minute in order to preserve their reputations or if they only care more about offering fleeting comfort to those who take solace in an alternate reality?

See Nate Silver's forecast at:

http://fivethirtyeight.blogs.nytimes.com

knothead wrote:Swooning? heck no, no one is swooning. No one is spiking the ball or fist pumping. You challenge the plausibility of the BLS without anything other than your bias, I get that as we all have bias. My point is, by God, things are improving slowly but they are improving and it is baffling to me why anyone refuses to recognize the obvious. It is like you categorically reject any success or sign of success if credit would be given the President, just like the GOP Senate and GOP House . . . . . you would fit in perfectly there.

Thats not true. I read the data they collected to come up with the number.

and how in the world can I give the preisdent any credit for any of it even if the numbers were correct since he hasnt done anything?

He hasnt done anything, NOTHING!

he's lazy and has no ideas or solutions. Never had any solutions. Just a bunch of american idol eye candy talk.

How can you possibly say these numbers are accurate? other than your own bias and wishful thinking?

Because the number crunchers say its a fluke, its not possible. even the left number crunchers say this.

ill give them one thing, the timing was perfect. putting it out there like that after obamas terrible debate performance.

trickery at its best.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:

ill give them one thing, the timing was perfect. putting it out there like that after obamas terrible debate performance.

trickery at its best.

The PRIVATE research organization, Gallup calculated the rate at 7.9%! They must be in cahoots with the President....or we have a pretty good confirmation of the BLS data.

New jobs report brought down Romney debate high Gallup

knothead

knothead

[quote="Rogue"]
knothead wrote:Swooning? heck no, no one is swooning. No one is spiking the ball or fist pumping. You challenge the plausibility of the BLS without anything other than your bias, I get that as we all have bias. My point is, by God, things are improving slowly but they are improving and it is baffling to me why anyone refuses to recognize the obvious. It is like you categorically reject any success or sign of success if credit would be given the President, just like the GOP Senate and GOP House . . . . . you would fit in perfectly there.

and how in the world can I give the preisdent any credit for any of it even if the numbers were correct since he hasnt done anything?

he's lazy and has no ideas or solutions. Never had any solutions. Just a bunch of american idol eye candy talk.

How can you possibly say these numbers are accurate? other than your own bias and wishful thinking?

Because the number crunchers say its a fluke, its not possible. even the left number crunchers say this.

trickery at its best.[/quote

Well to risk belaboring the point, my only comment is that you have been a consistent critic of the President and even the President concedes that, at the end of the day, the buck stops at his desk, and you have been more than willing, a cheerleader in fact, for the 'failures' giving you the ammo to make statements like your last post. Well, it just does not work that way . . . . . .The numbers may be revised, no problem, but as MC posted a number of 7.9% from a Gallup poll. My point is there is trend here and it's showing some positive news in our economy period. As far as we fell off the cliff no reasonable person could believe that the economy could be resurrected in four years by anyone so you can either say this good news trend is a fluke, it's a conspiracy or perhaps come up with a narrative that gives Mitch McConnell and John Boehner credit . . . . . something other than give your President some credit where credit is due. I say country first politics second.

Rogue wrote:

LOL!

[quote="knothead"]
Rogue wrote:

trickery at its best.[/quote

Well to risk belaboring the point, my only comment is that you have been a consistent critic of the President and even the President concedes that, at the end of the day, the buck stops at his desk, and you have been more than willing, a cheerleader in fact, for the 'failures' giving you the ammo to make statements like your last post. Well, it just does not work that way . . . . . .The numbers may be revised, no problem, but as MC posted a number of 7.9% from a Gallup poll. My point is there is trend here and it's showing some positive news in our economy period. As far as we fell off the cliff no reasonable person could believe that the economy could be resurrected in four years by anyone so you can either say this good news trend is a fluke, it's a conspiracy or perhaps come up with a narrative that gives Mitch McConnell and John Boehner credit . . . . . something other than give your President some credit where credit is due. I say country first politics second.

"He hasnt done anything, NOTHING!"

This is why what she says in politics is beyond bordering on ignorance.It is just plain stupid.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum