Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What new trade laws has obama done in his entire term?

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I'm trying to figure out what he's actually done for the country other than apologize and wreck it since all of you think he deserves another 4 years.

[img]What new trade laws has obama done in his entire term?  37722311[/img]

did this one go through?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
WASHINGTON -- A critical document from President Barack Obama's free trade negotiations with eight Pacific nations was leaked online early Wednesday morning, revealing that the administration intends to bestow radical new political powers upon multinational corporations, contradicting prior promises.

The leaked document has been posted on the website of Citizens Trade Campaign, a long-time critic of the administration's trade objectives. The new leak follows substantial controversy surrounding the secrecy of the talks, in which some members of Congress have complained they are not being given the same access to trade documents that corporate officials receive.

"The outrageous stuff in this leaked text may well be why U.S. trade officials have been so extremely secretive about these past two years of [trade] negotiations," said Lori Wallach, director of Public Citizen's Global Trade Watch in a written statement.

Sen. Ron Wyden (D-Ore.) has been so incensed by the lack of access as to introduce legislation requiring further disclosure. House Oversight Committee Chairman Darrell Issa (R-Calif.) has gone so far as to leak a separate document from the talks on his website. Other Senators are considering writing a letter to Ron Kirk, the top trade negotiator under Obama, demanding more disclosure.

The newly leaked document is one of the most controversial of the Trans-Pacific Partnership trade pact. It addresses a broad sweep of regulations governing international investment and reveals the Obama administration's advocacy for policies that environmental activists, financial reform advocates and labor unions have long rejected for eroding key protections currently in domestic laws.

Under the agreement currently being advocated by the Obama administration, American corporations would continue to be subject to domestic laws and regulations on the environment, banking and other issues. But foreign corporations operating within the U.S. would be permitted to appeal key American legal or regulatory rulings to an international tribunal. That international tribunal would be granted the power to overrule American law and impose trade sanctions on the United States for failing to abide by its rulings.

The terms run contrary to campaign promises issued by Obama and the Democratic Party during the 2008 campaign.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/06/13/obama-trade-document-leak_n_1592593.html

I expect answers all you smart people.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You a Markle clone now?

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:You a Markle clone now?

oh please.

I'm not near a markle

I'm just a woman with questions.

I'm probaly going to leave you guys alone on the politics forum soon anyway.

It does nothing for me. Its not really fun.

I only came over here to agravate ya'll because of salinski's pushing me around, so I came and pushed back. (ya'll be sure to thank him LOL)

You know I prefer sexy to all this hum drum stuff anyway.

Life is short

Cheers!

I appologize for stumping everyone with facts.

that was bad of me. I'm sorry Embarassed

I dont know why I like facts so much. Facts make you stupid Shocked

I will take your silence on this issue as a sign of defeat. I understand that you cant defend it.

Rogue wrote:I will take your silence on this issue as a sign of defeat. I understand that you cant defend it.

You shouldn't assume such things as you would be wrong. Could be people are just tired of responding to asinine statements.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:I will take your silence on this issue as a sign of defeat. I understand that you cant defend it.

You shouldn't assume such things as you would be wrong. Could be people are just tired of responding to asinine statements.

asinine statements LOL

girl, youre fucked in the head.

I have posted relavant data all over this forum related to many topics. Take this one. It cant be defended by the left.

and like I said in the last response to you. youre nothing but a little attack pooch. you cant debate topics all you got is insults. at least I have both, debate and insults...

go back to your stupid debate about how you can sue the police when they go out on a call from someone who falsely made a bad claim...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

othershoe1030

othershoe1030

President Barack Obama signed off Friday on the first three — and possibly last — free trade agreements of his administration, deals with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama that could be worth billions to American exporters and create tens of thousands of jobs.
The three deals were years in the making, and the difficulty of bringing them to fruition make it unlikely there will be another bilateral trade agreement during Obama's current term.
Obama signed them with none of the ceremonial fanfare that normally accompanies such triumphs. Republicans, while supportive of the deals, continue to find fault with Obama's trade policies. And nearly three-fourths of House Democrats voted against the trade measures.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44989775/ns/politics-white_house/t/obama-signs-trade-deals-biggest-nafta/

Perhaps he'll sign more into law in his second term.

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

asinine statements LOL

girl, youre fucked in the head.

I have posted relavant data all over this forum related to many topics. Take this one. It cant be defended by the left.

and like I said in the last response to you. youre nothing but a little attack pooch. you cant debate topics all you got is insults. at least I have both, debate and insults...

go back to your stupid debate about how you can sue the police when they go out on a call from someone who falsely made a bad claim...LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

The one where you just went over and called me stupid? You make little sense when you accuse others of what you just did. You're comments are asinine.You post false propaganda all the time and even dumber assertions. Sorry but it's true.

othershoe1030 wrote: President Barack Obama signed off Friday on the first three — and possibly last — free trade agreements of his administration, deals with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama that could be worth billions to American exporters and create tens of thousands of jobs.
The three deals were years in the making, and the difficulty of bringing them to fruition make it unlikely there will be another bilateral trade agreement during Obama's current term.
Obama signed them with none of the ceremonial fanfare that normally accompanies such triumphs. Republicans, while supportive of the deals, continue to find fault with Obama's trade policies. And nearly three-fourths of House Democrats voted against the trade measures.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/44989775/ns/politics-white_house/t/obama-signs-trade-deals-biggest-nafta/

Maybe Chrissy should do more research before she spouts off? LOL!

othershoe1030 wrote: President Barack Obama signed off Friday on the first three — and possibly last — free trade agreements of his administration, deals with South Korea, Colombia, and Panama that could be worth billions to American exporters and create tens of thousands of jobs.

obama always using other peoples stuff...from your link:

The three deals were initially signed in the George W. Bush administration but were slowed down as the Obama White House renegotiated changes and haggled with Republicans over the worker aid program.

oh and tell dreams to stay over in the kitty park, im tired of her shit.

Dreamsglore wrote:

they were bushes plans..... SPLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

they were bushes plans..... SPLAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Laughing

Bush couldn't pull it off-Obama did.Splat!

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

it was bushes. he had already signed it.

obama just needed to steal another piece of legislation and put his name on it.

do you see what the title of this thread is?

it was bushes. period, end of story. Splat! again Laughing

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

Reread the article,Chrissy the make an intelligent comment. So far you haven't.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I read it turd head.

I even posted the portion that said CLEARLY and without any typos for you where BUSH HAD ALREADY SIGNED IT. obama was just making a few minor adjustments so he could claim it as his own. BUT the facts are, IT WASNT HIS BILL, it was BUSHES. ITS NOT A NEW BILL. GET IT?

I win. now shut up. I got to go eat my porkchop.

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I read it turd head.

I even posted the portion that said CLEARLY and without any typos for you where BUSH HAD ALREADY SIGNED IT. obama was just making a few minor adjustments so he could claim it as his own. BUT the facts are, IT WASNT HIS BILL, it was BUSHES. ITS NOT A NEW BILL. GET IT?

"Obama signed them with none of the ceremonial fanfare that normally accompanies such triumphs."

Pitiful.

Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I read it turd head.

"Obama signed them with none of the ceremonial fanfare that normally accompanies such triumphs."

Pitiful.

yes dreams, you are pitiful. These were NOT obams deals. They were bushes. Just like so many other things obma co opted a lot of bushes stuff. here AGAIN from the article OS posted.

The three deals were initially signed in the George W. Bush administration but were slowed down as the Obama White House renegotiated changes and haggled with Republicans over the worker aid program.

Im not going over this again with you.

Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Dreamsglore wrote:

I read it turd head.

Pitiful.

yes dreams, you are pitiful. These were NOT obams deals. They were bushes. Just like so many other things obma co opted a lot of bushes stuff. here AGAIN from the article OS posted.

Im not going over this again with you.

You just don't get it. Seaoat misjudges your intelligence greatly.There would be no trade agreement if Obama didn't sign it.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum