Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I caved

+7
dumpcare
Sal
Telstar
Hallmarkgard
PkrBum
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1I caved Empty I caved 3/28/2017, 7:46 pm

2seaoat

I have had a hundred pill Norco prescription basically for the last three years. I only took six pills with me from Illinois. I hate taking opiates. I had my wife pick up stool softners, and it appears my journey is beginning anew. I spent the afternoon with the grandkids on the beach, and the pain was so overwhelming that I could not even really get in the water with them. I waded in the water and got my trunks wet, but just hurt too much to even stand. I had brought my plastic chair which is more and more welded to my butt. I contacted the doctor immediately after the beach visit, and I will be getting a new prescription of Norco, and I will begin taking it. The liver surgery has necrosis going on but the bone mets have become unbearable. None of this is a big deal because I should have been dead three years ago, and I have never been happier seeing the wife bobbing in the water with our beautiful granddaughters. She was like a child herself. Her plate has been full, and in pain, I really have not been able to have my usual humor. I will not drive, but I knew this day would come. There is nothing sad about a grandfather who should have been dead enjoying his granddaughters, I really feel blessed, and will continue to work on the project until I drop.

I had a forum member contact me, and I promised I will post a photo of my wife, grandkids, and my wasting away self on Sunday. My wrists have become pipe cleaners, and I am now having trouble picking up my laptop. I will probably at some time in the next two months let you know who I am and what project I am working on. I saw Z, Bob, and T go very quickly, and I had really hoped to meet those folks, but I will prepare a post in Word, and let my wife know if something suddenly changes, but I think this is just a more difficult battle after the surgery than prior surgeries. All is good, but if I seem not my usual smart asz self......it is simply because I hurt, and I hope I can get relief in a couple days. Life is wonderful.....the pain and the joy are all part of the fabric of the same.

2I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 8:10 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I have had a hundred pill Norco prescription basically for the last three years.  I only took six pills with me from Illinois.   I hate taking opiates.   I had my wife pick up stool softners, and it appears my journey is beginning anew.   I spent the afternoon with the grandkids on the beach, and the pain was so overwhelming that I could not even really get in the water with them.  I waded in the water and got my trunks wet, but just hurt too much to even stand.  I had brought my plastic chair which is more and more welded to my butt.  I contacted the doctor immediately after the beach visit, and I will be getting a new prescription of Norco, and I will begin taking it.   The liver surgery has necrosis going on but the bone mets have become unbearable.  None of this is a big deal because I should have been dead three years ago, and I have never been happier seeing the wife bobbing in the water with our beautiful granddaughters.   She was like a child herself.  Her plate has been full, and in pain, I really have not been able to have my usual humor.  I will not drive, but I knew this day would come.  There is nothing sad about a grandfather who should have been dead enjoying his granddaughters, I really feel blessed, and will continue to work on the project until I drop.  

I had a forum member contact me, and I promised I will post a photo of my wife, grandkids, and my wasting away self on Sunday.   My wrists have become pipe cleaners, and I am now having trouble picking up my laptop.  I will probably at some time in the next two months let you know who I am and what project I am working on.   I saw Z, Bob, and T go very quickly, and I had really hoped to meet those folks, but I will prepare a post in Word, and let my wife know if something suddenly changes, but I think this is just a more difficult battle after the surgery than prior surgeries.   All is good, but if I seem not my usual smart asz self......it is simply because I hurt, and I hope I can get relief in a couple days.  Life is wonderful.....the pain and the joy are all part of the fabric of the same.  

You are blessed....but the bone Mets is painful....take the meds to ease your pain. Enjoy you babies!

3I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 8:15 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Pain pills don't really affect your mind much when you're in a great deal of pain... they just make the pain a little more manageable... takes the edge off a little. It's much more important that you can enjoy your grandchildren.

4I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 8:25 pm

2seaoat

I just wanted to avoid them for as long as I could. I knew this day was coming. I took one tonight and it hardly has done a thing to reduce the overall pain. I sent the doc a message and have four of them left. I normally take two and get instant relief, but I will wait until the prescription is renewed. I know it has become a bitch to get opiates in Florida, even if the doctor has given a prescription. I think they will have to fax the same to the Walgreens as part of the safeguards so I may not get relief until Saturday. I will use Ibuprofen to ease the necrosis which has worked well in the past, but the bone mets.....I am going to need some more help on the same. The pain is only a five or six on the scale, so it is not that bad, but it is the chronic no relief which is wearing me down. I have to have the grandkids remember me like this so hopefully if I spend time with them this week, I will double up on what I have left.

5I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 8:33 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I just wanted to avoid them for as long as I could.  I knew this day was coming.  I took one tonight and it hardly has done a thing to reduce the overall pain.  I sent the doc a message and have four of them left.  I normally take two and get instant relief, but I will wait until the prescription is renewed.   I know it has become a bitch to get opiates in Florida, even if the doctor has given a prescription.  I think they will have to fax the same to the Walgreens as part of the safeguards so I may not get relief until Saturday.   I will use Ibuprofen to ease the necrosis which has worked well in the past, but the bone mets.....I am going to need some more help on the same.   The pain is only a five or six on the scale, so it is not that bad, but it is the chronic no relief which is wearing me down.  I have to have the grandkids remember me like this so hopefully if I spend time with them this week, I will double up on what I have left.

You can get your meds....if you wait until the pain is really bad you will never get ahead of it.

People with ADDICTIVE PERSONALITIES are the ones that have a problem with medication. Certainly not you or Pkrbum....you both live life.

6I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 9:17 pm

Hallmarkgard

Dont be stupid. Take the meds....

7I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 9:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Thanks Hallmark!

8I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 9:38 pm

2seaoat

Dont be stupid. Take the meds....

You know the routine. I am stubborn, but this game is no longer in my control. I will take two Wed., and the last two Thursday, and hopefully the docs at Northwestern will refill. Better than pain pills was finally seeing my wife having fun and not having the weight of the world on her shoulders.......it is easy dying, but it is no fun watching those you love in pain. She is happy I am taking the pills and she rushed out to get the stool softeners. I hope you are doing well, and are getting to spend some time with your daughter and your son. I am planning on building a lift working off a marine battery where I use a harness to get in and out of a kayak to explore bayous.....I am determined to do this, but I forgot my harness at home. They have something called compliance in a can where they have safety harness literally in a can where you unscrew the top. It can be adjusted in the groin area and shoulder area and has a snap hoop which you are suppose to hook up to the bucket when I am in the air with the Lull. I will pick up a 1000 lb hoist at tractor supply....a few pulleys......a few pain pills......and I am in the water.....or not if this does not get better, but at least it is one more project to keep my mind occupied. We just installed a brass sink and are finishing the shark bite plumbing connections......keeping busy.....and moving constantly has got me to this point........a few pain pills hopefully will keep me moving.

Here is the project this evening.....note the shark bite connections...absolutely the cat's meow.

I caved 20170311

9I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 9:42 pm

Hallmarkgard

It always baffles me that people who are in need of medication fall into he physiological trap that such meds are "Bad" for them and could cause adverse effects. Are you joking? What the hell are you thinking? Do you think that suffering is some sort of moral weakness that must be endured as payment for your past actions? Do you really think that refusing to take medications makes you appear stronger or "Macho guy"? For those of us that have dealt with the pain and suffering of our loved ones and friends, we know different. Medicine has given us a few extra hours, maybe days of quality time to be with those we care about.

10I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 9:47 pm

Hallmarkgard

Sharkbites are good  Just pricey.  Try PEX if you have much to do..http://www.pexinfo.com/  http://www.pexinfo.com/

11I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:01 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Part of the problem is the stigma. There's even a moron here that thinks that our sharing personal medical experiences is fair game to ridicule. But hopefully we have and can help each other in some small way. I know I really appreciate it... it's one of the most special parts about our shrinking relationship.

12I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote:Part of the problem is the stigma. There's even a moron here that thinks that our sharing personal medical experiences is fair game to ridicule. But hopefully we have and can help each other in some small way. I know I really appreciate it... it's one of the most special parts about our shrinking relationship.

It is sad to have an idiot hanging around.....trying to cause problems.

13I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:15 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Part of the problem is the stigma. There's even a moron here that thinks that our sharing personal medical experiences is fair game to ridicule. But hopefully we have and can help each other in some small way. I know I really appreciate it... it's one of the most special parts about our shrinking relationship.

It is sad to have an idiot hanging around.....trying to cause problems.

I doubt it's the most shrinking part of your relationship Pkr. Worse than having an idiot around is having a biased sub moderator who excels at stirring the pot.

14I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:25 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Seaoat I wanted to ignore this topic but you see how it is. Some people are not happy unless they stir the pot and create petty confrontations as often as possible. Comes with the brat cave mentality. Funny how Chrissy was allowed to attack and mock others without a peep from the hair brained deputy. Sorry seaoat but I wish you well.

15I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:32 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Anyone with an ounce of character sees "how it is". You can feign caring... but you've shown ur nature.

16I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 10:33 pm

Sal

Sal

I expect you to rally.

Rub some dirt on it, pussy.

17I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 11:18 pm

Telstar

Telstar

PkrBum wrote:Anyone with an ounce of character sees "how it is". You can feign caring... but you've shown ur nature.

I care for some people Pkr. However you can pound sand.

18I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 11:24 pm

2seaoat

I have historically had lots of problems with the constipation with opiates. In some cases after they removed the lung, the pain from the constipation and straining with new sutures exceeded the pain of the lung removal. It really has nothing to do with macho. I just have lost my pain threshold, and this week I found it.....I hurt. I have heard there are prescriptions for the constipation which work better than the stool softeners, but I cannot wait to deal with the constipation because the bone mets in combination with the necrosis on the liver has introduced me to chronic pain where I am not getting relief. Understand that I used to have an immediate pain threshold when growing up, and that is what worries the wife.....I have just been poked, cut on, and opened up that in that eight year process, I just did not feel much pain.....I am feeling pain now.

19I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/28/2017, 11:37 pm

2seaoat

Sharkbites are good Just pricey.

Way pricey! However, I cannot get in tight places anymore, and I must guide my wife, who loves them. She did almost all the connections, and after 41 years of marriage, I always did the sweating of pipes and all the pvc. What I really like is once you insert them in the compression fitting, they rotate freely from the sharkbite which allows you to have a much easier alignment when dealing with shutoffs, Ts, and faucet connections. A job where I would have spent four to six hours was finished in less than two hours. We found out both the existing shut off valves to one of the bathroom sinks did not work. So, we put in the new shut off for the new brass sink, and the bathroom sink which we took the supplies off. We tested everything and no leaks and really a nice clean job with only some minor drywall repair to finish.

20I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 6:34 am

dumpcare

2seaoat wrote:I have historically had lots of problems with the constipation with opiates.  In some cases after they removed the lung, the pain from the constipation and straining with new sutures exceeded the pain of the lung removal.  It really has nothing to do with macho.  I just have lost my pain threshold, and this week I found it.....I hurt.   I have heard there are prescriptions for the constipation which work better than the stool softeners, but I cannot wait to deal with the constipation because the bone mets in combination with the necrosis on the liver  has introduced me to chronic pain where I am not getting relief.   Understand that I used to have an immediate pain threshold when growing up, and that is what worries the wife.....I have just been poked, cut on, and opened up that in that eight year process, I just did not feel much pain.....I am feeling pain now.

Sorry to hear about your pain. Try 8 ounces of warm prune juice in the morning and before you go to bed an 8 ounce of apple juice and then take a tablespoon of olive oil, that may help with the constipation.

21I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 3:33 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

I'm unaware of the personal politics that people are talking about in this thread, but I just want to say that you are an inspiring person. I know dad really admired you. He talked about you and your struggles often, and he was really impressed with your mental fortitude. He probably didn't see himself the same way.

I hope that you are able to find some relief in whatever way you see fit. I care about you.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

22I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 4:11 pm

Vikingwoman

You're something else, Oatie. I know you're going to go and this forum will be a lot darker but I hope you don't suffer much. I feel for your wife who will no doubt be left to suffer too.This is the sucky part of life I hate.

23I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 4:28 pm

2seaoat

You're something else, Oatie. I know you're going to go and this forum will be a lot darker but I hope you don't suffer much. I feel for your wife who will no doubt be left to suffer too.This is the sucky part of life I hate.

A little bit of suffering is not bad. I am having only a little bit of suffering, but just a bit more than I can tolerate as the last procedure on the liver and the bone mets have me in a funk. I will post a picture Sunday of my wife and I with the Grandkids. Things have kind of moved along pretty quickly since the surgery and probably best I post now, and you will see for a 64 year old woman she looks in her late forties, and every guy at Lowes loves to give her attention when she is pulling lumber. She is sad, but she will definitely find companionship after I am gone because men feel comfortable around her, and she has tolerated my sorry asz for 41 years. The photo will show the liver bloat, and the loss of muscle mass in my wrists and arms, but it also will show two beautiful grand daughters and my life partner.

He probably didn't see himself the same way.

Your dad's courage makes my journey a walk in the park. I began posting my journey eight years ago after they removed the lung, because I lost my grandfather to small cell lung cancer, and I thought this would be quick. I share because I think it helps people deal with their own health problems and I hope I can convey an optimism of deep faith that there simply is more than what we understand, and that death is simply part of living. I will miss your dad, but it was pure pleasure to share time with him over the last 10 years. I know he had recently got in touch with one of his marine buddies and they spent hours on the phone. I hope you were able to contact him because Z held him in high esteem. I am glad he got together with him. Please do not worry about me, this has gone much better than I had expected, and now it is time for me to realize the rest of this journey I have little to say about it.

24I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 5:00 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

You've helped us a great deal by sharing your experiences... and everyone that has does so with the same generosity. I appreciate it. I feel that our sharing of health struggles and issues with hospitals and insurance has been the most important thing we've done as a group. It's the real deal.

25I caved Empty Re: I caved 3/29/2017, 6:29 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I'm unaware of the personal politics that people are talking about in this thread, but I just want to say that you are an inspiring person. I know dad really admired you. He talked about you and your struggles often, and he was really impressed with your mental fortitude. He probably didn't see himself the same way.

I hope that you are able to find some relief in whatever way you see fit. I care about you.

Your dad had mental fortitude. He took his problems in stride, he never projected the negative aspects of his life on others, never ever.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum