Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Final Four.

+3
PkrBum
2seaoat
Joanimaroni
7 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Final Four. Empty Final Four. 3/26/2017, 7:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

[ltr]South Carolina[/ltr]
[ltr]Gonzaga[/ltr]

NORTH CAROLINA

OREGON

2Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 7:45 pm

2seaoat

Were any of these teams on the radar?

3Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 8:13 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Only North Carolina.

4Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 8:16 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Excellent finish for that nc game. Heartbreaker for some we know... lol.

5Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 8:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

So many teams lost the game with minutes to play....they avoided the drive and went for the 3 pointer while working the clock  It didn't happen.

6Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 8:45 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

North Carolina Kentucky game today was reminiscent of the Duke Kentucky game in the 90's. Grant Hill threw the ball to Laettner, Laettner made a jump shot to win.
Kentucky threw the ball and it went out of bounds.

7Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 9:02 pm

Sal

Sal

Terrible game.

In the first half, Kentucky was playing five against eight.

Atrocious officiating.

In the second half, Kentucky fought but ended up beating themselves.

8Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 9:05 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

Do you think fox is done? He seems a little slight... but so does curry.

9Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 9:39 pm

Sal

Sal

PkrBum wrote:Do you think fox is done? He seems a little slight... but so does curry.

Of course. Fox is gone. Monk is gone. Bam is gone.

Worse yet, Hawkins and Willis are gone.

Fortunately, Humphries, who played like a champ, will be back.

And, Gabriel, who has a motor that won't quit, will be back (hopefully, someone will give him a clue about defense in the off season).

And hopefully, Briscoe will back, because he has the potential to be a real leader next year.

Anyhoo, it's time to reload, and Cal has the pieces in place and a two year contract extension.

We'll be back.

10Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 10:11 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Terrible officiating. The entire series.

11Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/26/2017, 10:54 pm

knothead

knothead

Sal wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Do you think fox is done? He seems a little slight... but so does curry.

And, Gabriel, who has a motor that won't quit, will be back (hopefully, someone will give him a clue about defense in the off season).

And hopefully, Briscoe will back, because he has the potential to be a real leader next year.

Anyhoo, it's time to reload, and Cal has the pieces in place and a two year contract extension.

We'll be back.

I agree about the officiating Sal, usually it evens out but not this time as no whistles against the NC bigs as we drove the basket but a touch on the other end merited a whistle . . . . frustrating and heartbreaking for these young talented athletes . . . . .

12Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 1:17 am

RealLindaL

Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the women's teams?

13Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 5:39 am

Telstar

Telstar

Gonzaga, Gonzaga, Gonzaga!

14Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 6:55 am

Sal

Sal

knothead wrote:
Sal wrote:

We'll be back.

I agree about the officiating Sal, usually it evens out but not this time as no whistles against the NC bigs as we drove the basket but a touch on the other end merited a whistle . . . . frustrating and heartbreaking for these young talented athletes . . . . .

When Fox drove to the hoop on the last play of the first half, he was fouled five times by two different NC defenders.

It was an absolute mugging.

No whistle.

Ridiculous.

15Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 8:03 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2700182-from-walk-on-to-uncs-ncaa-tournament-hero-luke-mayes-amazing-story

16Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 10:08 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

RealLindaL wrote:Why doesn't anyone ever talk about the women's teams?
Uconn plays tonight.

17Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 5:02 pm

knothead

knothead

Joanimaroni wrote:
Uconn plays tonight.

Yawn . . . they never lose.

I have been bedridden since this game from my body attempting to digest a HUGE amount of crow!!!! Gulp . . . . fantastic game!

Last edited by knothead on 4/2/2017, 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total

18Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 6:27 pm

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Uconn plays tonight.

As former 20-year Connecticut residents, we love it!! Smile

19Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 6:48 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Not boring when Geno and Pat went head to head.

20Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 9:06 pm

2seaoat

I wear a Tn women's basketball hat and have watched Candice Parker since she was in high school in Naperville. Her parents are neighbors of friends who will visit us this week, and who have partied with Candice who plays in China and America. I live for Girls basketball, but I am sorry.....there is no drama.....it simply is Uconn.

21Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 10:28 pm

knothead

knothead

RealLindaL wrote:
knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Uconn plays tonight.

As former 20-year Connecticut residents, we love it!!  Smile

Shocked

22Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 10:34 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I wear a Tn women's basketball hat and have watched Candice Parker since she was in high school in Naperville.  Her parents are neighbors of friends who will visit us this week, and who have partied with Candice who plays in China and America.  I live for Girls basketball, but I am sorry.....there is no drama.....it simply is Uconn.
Candice has had recurrent shoulder dislocations.....saw her play and her shoulder dislocated ....she had it reduced and returned to the game while playing for Tennessee.

Love watching her...I use to watch Michelle Snow play high school ball here and met Pat Summit when she came to scout Michelle. Great woman....

23Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/27/2017, 11:35 pm

2seaoat

My wife taught her cousin in fifth grade where she already was six feet one inch, and went on to play division 1 volleyball on scholarship. Straight A student with great parents and attitude. I get special treatment at the restaurant in Metropolis at the Harrahs when I wear my TN women's basketball hat.....people loved Pat and Candice, and when they know I am a woman's basketball fan, I get plenty of rolls and my water glass never is dry. The funny thing is I saw my daughter's high school basketball coach at Harrah's playing Mississippi stud, where he was now coaching in South Carolina.......whose women's team is also doing very well in the tournament. He now coaches women's college softball.

24Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/28/2017, 7:47 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

But for a terrible hs girls basketball coach I think my oldest daughter would've played bball I college. I never interfered by complaining to the coach... but I talked to the ad after her junior year... and he really didn't care. She loved the sport... and he ruined it. I don't think he'd have lasted one year as boys coach.

25Final Four. Empty Re: Final Four. 3/28/2017, 10:00 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

PkrBum wrote: But for a terrible hs girls basketball coach I think my oldest daughter would've played bball I  college. I never interfered by complaining to the coach... but I talked to the ad after her junior year... and he really didn't care. She loved the sport... and he ruined it. I don't think he'd have lasted one year as boys coach.

My girls that played AAU for me played varsity all 4 years in HS. Never did they have a coach that was competitive and wanted to win. Coaching girls was just extra money for the nale coaches that waneed to coaches the guys. I suggested a base pay for coaches with a bonus for every game won. 

Thankfully, all the girls received academic scholarships

My girls did win district. ...they won it by checking themselves into the game and calling their own plays. It turned the game around in the 4th quaternary for the win.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum