Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

What has been obama's tax plan for the last 4 yrs, and expected plan for the future if elected?

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

It seems all we are concerned about is tax plans at the moment. I'd like to see obama's great tax plan, his budgets and how he intends to get the national debt down. You know, the one he ran up.

Why does he deserve a second chance?

Rogue wrote:It seems all we are concerned about is tax plans at the moment. I'd like to see obama's great tax plan, his budgets and how he intends to get the national debt down. You know, the one he ran up.

Why does he deserve a second chance?

Well really the only noise you hear is about how flawed Romneys IDEAS are - not a word about that empty suit BHO because he couldn't figure out how to lead a starving lion to raw meat much less institute a real proposal to solve the debt/deficit spending problems. His activities so far have made things much worse. At least he has been campaigning and vacationing full time for the last year - can you imagine the damage he could have done if he had gone to work?

Margin Call

Margin Call

ATTENTION DINGBATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The President has submitted a budget to Congress every year. His tax proposals are contained in that document.

Here is the 2013 Overview.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/overview

Extension of the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance benefits for rest of 2012.

Continuing to allow businesses to write-off the full amount of new investments.

A new tax credit for this year focused on small businesses and that gives businesses that add jobs and wages a tax cut equal to 10 percent of wages added up to $500,000.

Makes permanent the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) -- a partially refundable tax credit worth up to $10,000 per student over four years of college. AOTC helps more than 9 million students and their families afford the cost of college.

Provides tax incentives for manufacturers who create jobs here at home and doubles the deduction for advanced manufacturing; ends tax deductions for shipping jobs overseas; and establishes a Manufacturing Communities Tax Credit to encourage investment in communities affected by job loss.

Calls for individual tax reform that: cuts the deficit by $1.5 trillion, including the expiration of the high-income 2001 and 2003 tax cuts; simplifies the tax code, lowers tax rates, and protects progressivity; eliminates inefficient and unfair tax breaks for millionaires while making all tax breaks at least as good for the middle class as for the wealthy; and observes the Buffett Rule that no household making more than $1 million a year pays less than 30 percent of their income in taxes.

Margin Call wrote:ATTENTION DINGBATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The President has submitted a budget to Congress every year. His tax proposals are contained in that document.

Here is the 2013 Overview.

http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/overview

Extension of the payroll tax cut and unemployment insurance benefits for rest of 2012.

Continuing to allow businesses to write-off the full amount of new investments.

A new tax credit for this year focused on small businesses and that gives businesses that add jobs and wages a tax cut equal to 10 percent of wages added up to $500,000.

Makes permanent the American Opportunity Tax Credit (AOTC) -- a partially refundable tax credit worth up to $10,000 per student over four years of college. AOTC helps more than 9 million students and their families afford the cost of college.

Provides tax incentives for manufacturers who create jobs here at home and doubles the deduction for advanced manufacturing; ends tax deductions for shipping jobs overseas; and establishes a Manufacturing Communities Tax Credit to encourage investment in communities affected by job loss.

Calls for individual tax reform that: cuts the deficit by $1.5 trillion, including the expiration of the high-income 2001 and 2003 tax cuts; simplifies the tax code, lowers tax rates, and protects progressivity; eliminates inefficient and unfair tax breaks for millionaires while making all tax breaks at least as good for the middle class as for the wealthy; and observes the Buffett Rule that no household making more than $1 million a year pays less than 30 percent of their income in taxes.

I beleive Ive already discussed his 2013 budget proposal. You lost.

so bacically what your saying is that obama hasnt had a tax reform since he's been in office, its all been nothing but a continuation of bushes tax laws?

But now if you give him a second chance he has a idea to tax the rich and we know for sure this is a great plan how?

please note again. Ive looked at his 2013 budget proposal.

I want just the tax ideas since thats what weve all been focused on.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:

please note again. Ive looked at his 2013 budget proposal.

I want just the tax ideas since thats what weve all been focused on.

Please look again. The ideas you are looking for are in that document.

Attention DingaLing!!! Failed proposals are just piles of paper and BHO has had three of them. His failed budget proposals would make a nice bonfire for the many homeless and out-of-work Americans waiting on answers.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:

so bacically what your saying is that obama hasnt had a tax reform since he's been in office, its all been nothing but a continuation of bushes tax laws?

I didn't say that because that wouldn't be entirely accurate. Why do you get so upset about issues that you are not informed about?

The Stimulus contained many tax breaks including a $400 tax credit you received. There were many more tax breaks in the bill.

You should be aware that Obamacare contains some changes to the tax code as well. Remember, the Supreme Court ruled on one of them?

The legislation that maintained the Bush tax cuts also provided for other new tax breaks, as well.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:

Attention DingaLing!!! Failed proposals are just piles of paper and BHO has had three of them. His failed budget proposals would make a nice bonfire for the many homeless and out-of-work Americans waiting on answers.

He has indeed failed to get taxes raised on high income earners. This has added to the deficits. Thank a Republican Congressman.

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

He has indeed failed to get taxes raised on high income earners. This has added to the deficits. Thank a Republican Congressman.

NO, I blame BHO since he is charged with making things happen - he wanted the job, he has to accept the heat. Perhaps he could call Wild Bill Clinton up for some advice on how to get Congress to go along with a plan. Also, as I recall higher taxes on the "rich" is in the end just a feel good effort with no significant impact on the deficit. Now if BHO would get the F-35 program cut that would result in some serious savings.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

NO, I blame BHO since he is charged with making things happen - he wanted the job, he has to accept the heat. Perhaps he could call Wild Bill Clinton up for some advice on how to get Congress to go along with a plan. Also, as I recall higher taxes on the "rich" is in the end just a feel good effort with no significant impact on the deficit. Now if BHO would get the F-35 program cut that would result in some serious savings.

So, you blame one guy for everything...a guy that doesn't even have a vote in Congress?

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

So, you blame one guy for everything...a guy that doesn't even have a vote in Congress?

Hey Hypocrite, how is that so different from you blaming Bush? The President's job is to plead a case to Congress to get legislation passed that benefits the entire country. He has been unable to do that with EITHER party lately.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:

Hey Hypocrite, how is that so different from you blaming Bush? The President's job is to plead a case to Congress to get legislation passed that benefits the entire country. He has been unable to do that with EITHER party lately.

I don't hold one guy accountable even if I can point out through the lens of actual history that there were many flawed policies during the years Bush was the President, policies that Congress rubber-stamped.

However, you blame one guy for every problem in the same breath that you say he can't get Congress to work with him. What you're really saying is that the President is absent from all policy decisions yet you still blame him for everything that is wrong with this country. That is an incomprehensible flaw in logical thinking.

One question: are you angry that Obama, in your view, can't get Congress to work with him because you want to see his policies enacted?

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

I don't hold one guy accountable even if I can point out through the lens of actual history that there were many flawed policies during the years Bush was the President, policies that Congress rubber-stamped.

However, you blame one guy for every problem in the same breath that you say he can't get Congress to work with him. What you're really saying is that the President is absent from all policy decisions yet you still blame him for everything that is wrong with this country. That is an incomprehensible flaw in logical thinking.

You can twist my statement any way you see fit but you can't change the intent - to point out BHO is responsible for a failure to lead. There is no greater reason for him to lose his job. He has nothing new to offer, has done nothing to prove himself capable or deserving of another chance. Yet instead of you pointing out how he will get things done in another term you choose to deflect and spin. That is telling in that it shows you have no ammunition in your BHO gun to shoot.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

You can twist my statement any way you see fit but you can't change the intent - to point out BHO is responsible for a failure to lead. There is no greater reason for him to lose his job. He has nothing new to offer, has done nothing to prove himself capable or deserving of another chance. Yet instead of you pointing out how he will get things done in another term you choose to deflect and spin. That is telling in that it shows you have no ammunition in your BHO gun to shoot.

There has been some landmark legislation passed with the cooperation of Congress and the President: jobs bill, stimulus (tax cuts), obamacare, etc. The notion that he can't ever get Congress to work with him is absurd.

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

There has been some landmark legislation passed with the cooperation of Congress and the President: jobs bill, stimulus (tax cuts), obamacare, etc. The notion that he can't ever get Congress to work with him is absurd.

Jobs Bill? Ha Ha, Obamacare? Ha Ha and Ha, Sure he managed a few things that are really expensive when the Dems had a majority. You can't see the forest for 2 or 3 trees. Vote for the Dude - who cares? He will probably win the election but I can't wait to see how you explain away his failures after 4 more years of the same old same old.

Margin Call

Margin Call

nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

Jobs Bill? Ha Ha, Obamacare? Ha Ha and Ha, Sure he managed a few things that are really expensive when the Dems had a majority. You can't see the forest for 2 or 3 trees. Vote for the Dude - who cares? He will probably win the election but I can't wait to see how you explain away his failures after 4 more years of the same old same old.

The job's bill was largely tax reductions. Are you saying tax cuts are "expensive"?

Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
nochain wrote:

The job's bill was largely tax reductions. Are you saying tax cuts are "expensive"?

The tax code is a joke. A flat tax for business and individuals would go a long way toward generating revenue without crushing net income. Only an idiot would think a country can operate without sufficient revenue. Oh wait, I guess that includes Congress and the Senate. Kick the can down the road until it falls off the fiscal cliff......

Margin Call wrote:
Rogue wrote:

I didn't say that because that wouldn't be entirely accurate. Why do you get so upset about issues that you are not informed about?

The Stimulus contained many tax breaks including a $400 tax credit you received. There were many more tax breaks in the bill.

You should be aware that Obamacare contains some changes to the tax code as well. Remember, the Supreme Court ruled on one of them?

The legislation that maintained the Bush tax cuts also provided for other new tax breaks, as well.

I'm not upset. I ask a question and youve yet to answer it with any meat. thats because there is no meat.

I'm not an expert on tax policy. Ill be the first to tell you that. However, I'm not the dumbest chick on the block either.

obama has been faking it the whole time using others peoples ideas while not being able to work with others to come up with solutions. now he wants another term because all of a sudden he is supposed to have solutions.

I'll tell you again. If I get hired to do a job and even if the previous leader left a mess and I say I can fix it, I better fix it or Im fired. and I can assure I dont get 4 years to figure it out either. obama needs to be fired.

He doesnt have policies he can run on, hence the attack mode campaign.

oh, and I am sure I know way more about the monster obamacare than you do, or most here. Ive proven that time and again. but this thread isnt about that. its about what obamas tax plans are. and his plans are to raise taxes a trillion dollars on the rich, this includes small bussiness owners because they are the majority of people who make $250,000 and up.

please tell us why obama and all his appointees did not straighten out our economy problems when they had full filibuster proof house and senate? Did he not have a plan when he came into office? He must have, you and the rest of his voters must have expected it the way your acting.

I know why he didnt. although you think your so much smarter than me. But I dont think your honest about it.

obama really is a empty chair, and we are headed right for a cliff in Jan. Because even if he wins and decides to raise taxes on the wealthy at a time like this it will only stagnate job growth more. and more and more people will line up for the federal handout to feed thier families instead of working adding more to our deficit.

class warfare doesnt work.

Margin Call just got schooled like Obama did the other night. Razz

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:
please tell us why obama and all his appointees did not straighten out our economy problems when they had full filibuster proof house and senate?

Sure, it seems reasonable for Congress and the President to eliminate all signs of the economic crisis in four months. I think you should work on your level of expectations.

BTW, there is no filibuster in the House. No

Margin Call wrote:
Rogue wrote:
please tell us why obama and all his appointees did not straighten out our economy problems when they had full filibuster proof house and senate?.

Sure, it seems reasonable for Congress and the President to eliminate all signs of the economic crisis in four months. I think you should work on your level of expectations.

sure he had filibuster proof for about 14 weeks. Had he had a PLAN which was FULLY ready like you are expecting romney to have, 14 weeks would have been sufficient to get it done.
--
As Mother Jones‘ Kevin Drum points out, though, the actual amount of time the Democrats held a filibuster-proof majority, when you factor in the late Sen. Ted Kennedy‘s illness and the winter recess, amounts to 14 weeks.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-doh-chris-christie-falsely-claims-president-obama-had-filibuster-proof-majority-for-2-years/

im using your sources just to help you out.

fact is obama DID NOT HAVE A PLAN.

He's been riding on the coatails of other peoples plans all the while mocking them to make poeple like you think he's doing something other than playing golf.

btw, I'm still waiting for you to tell us what obama has done so great he deserves another term.

Margin Call

Margin Call

Rogue wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Rogue wrote:
please tell us why obama and all his appointees did not straighten out our economy problems when they had full filibuster proof house and senate?.

sure he had filibuster proof for about 14 weeks. Had he had a PLAN which was FULLY ready like you are expecting romney to have, 14 weeks would have been sufficient to get it done.
--
As Mother Jones‘ Kevin Drum points out, though, the actual amount of time the Democrats held a filibuster-proof majority, when you factor in the late Sen. Ted Kennedy‘s illness and the winter recess, amounts to 14 weeks.

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/morning-doh-chris-christie-falsely-claims-president-obama-had-filibuster-proof-majority-for-2-years/

He's been riding on the coatails of other peoples plans all the while mocking them to make poeple like you think he's doing something other than playing golf.

btw, I'm still waiting for you to tell us what obama has done so great he deserves another term.

Not every Democrat in Congress licks Obama's boots...notwithstanding the impossible task, that's why he didn't save the world in four months.

Obama had a plan. It's called his budget. Perhaps, you can recall me talking about it for the past three days. A budget is a plan and it's available online for your reading pleasure. YOU CAN READ THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT!!!!

I don't think Obama deserves another term but he also doesn't deserve the gross misrepresentation you present on this forum ad nauseum.

Margin Call wrote:
Rogue wrote:
Margin Call wrote:
Rogue wrote:

--

Not every Democrat in Congress licks Obama's boots...notwithstanding the impossible task, that's why he didn't save the world in four months.

Obama had a plan. It's called his budget. Perhaps, you can recall me talking about it for the past three days. A budget is a plan and it's available online for your reading pleasure. YOU CAN READ THE ACTUAL DOCUMENT!!!!

I don't think Obama deserves another term but he also doesn't deserve the gross misrepresentation you present on this forum ad nauseum.

Im not mis representing anything. Thank you for your time^^^^^^^^^ You were honest finally and I appreciate that.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum