This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Tumps getaways

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Tumps getaways on 3/18/2017, 9:23 pm

Obama spent 97 Million on vacation's and getaways during 8 years which seemed excessive to me but this projection of Trump (half billion) in 4 years based on the past few weeks is not acceptable. That must be why he wants to cut 96 agencies and departments to pay for these trips.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/politics/wp/2017/03/17/how-much-is-donald-trumps-travel-and-protection-costing-anyway/?hpid=hp_hp-more-top-stories_trumptravel-1121am%3Ahomepage%2Fstory&utm_term=.93414b786102

President Trump’s 2018 budget proposal is unabashed in its goal: slashing or eradicating a number of social and research programs to offset new spending on defense and homeland security. That emphasis quickly met with broad criticism, including from some who pointed out an apparent contradiction. Trump places a heavy emphasis on cutting waste and targets for elimination programs that, in some cases, cost the government only a few million dollars a year. That is a lot of money in the context of the amount of money you or I spend in a year, but in the context of the government, spending a million dollars is like someone with a $50,000-a-year salary spending one penny.

What really jumped out at some people, though, was that Trump was proposing cuts to some relatively low-cost programs shortly before he prepared to fly to his Mar-a-Lago resort in Florida. According to an analysis from Politico, that’s a trip that costs about $3 million each time — and it’s a trip that he’s made four times a year.

You'll have to read the link the site froze up while trying to copy and paste.

View user profile

2 Re: Tumps getaways on 3/18/2017, 10:03 pm

Others noted the cost of protecting first lady Melania Trump and the Trumps’ young son, Barron, at Trump Tower. Shortly after the election, a CNN Money report indicated that protecting Trump’s family in New York cost $1 million a day. If they instead joined him at the White House, of course, that cost would essentially be eliminated.

What? Suddenly the business community is not so worried about spending money on all this extraordinary travel and protection? Just when I thought it was the bottom line that mattered most they switch things up on me.

The City of New York is not happy with all the costs of protecting Trump Tower and the first lady and son. It is not just the Feds who are shelling out money for his trips and lifestyle. Funny, no one thought of this much before the election. How reality brings things into focus.

I've seen reports of a charter airplane business near his winter white house in Florida. Since air space has to be shut down within several miles of where he stays it puts this guy out of business completely whenever 45 visits.

To say this is an unusual presidency is an understatement for sure. It will go down in history as one of the most investigated and written about. "That I can tell you!"

View user profile

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum