This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Postcards to the WH on the Ides of March

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Here's an idea I heard about several weeks ago. Haven't heard any publicity about it recently, which I thought was odd considering they are trying to have a show of numbers. So, anyway, you can buy postcards at the post office preprinted with a stamp for 38 cents (as I did today). They list five steps but really there are just four unless you count "waiting for the next postcard event" as a step.

We'll see what happens. I am debating what to write on my three cards. Hmmm.




A new movement is aiming to mail at least 1 million postcards to President Donald Trump on Wednesday, March 15—historically dubbed "the Ides of March" and known as the day Julius Caesar was assassinated—to show "the man, the media, and the politicians how vast our numbers are...to make it irrefutable that the president's claim of wide support is a farce."

"He may draw a big crowd with empty promises, but the crowd of those that oppose his agenda is exponentially larger. And we will show up to protest, to vote, and to be heard. Again and again and again," the group, which calls itself the Ides of Trump, explained on its website and Facebook page.

The group outlines five steps to participate:

1) Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Create your own cards, buy them, share them, it doesn't matter as long as you write #TheIdes or #TheIdesOfTrump on them somewhere.
2) Take a picture of your cards and post them on social media (tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump or #TheIdes, please). This will help us verify our numbers.
3) Spread the word! Everyone on Earth can let Washington know their opinion of the President. They can't build a wall high enough to stop the mail.
4) Then, on March 15th, mail your cards to:
The President (for now)  
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW Washington, DC 20500

5) Get ready for the NEXT postcard campaign, and the next, and the next—because we’re not going away. We will make ourselves heard by joining together. And together, we will wield the kind of political clout that can't be ignored.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/03/13/ides-trump-action-aims-send-more-mail-white-house-can-ignore

View user profile
What's next? Making macaroni art on a paper plate?

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:Here's an idea I heard about several weeks ago. Haven't heard any publicity about it recently, which I thought was odd considering they are trying to have a show of numbers. So, anyway, you can buy postcards at the post office preprinted with a stamp for 38 cents (as I did today). They list five steps but really there are just four unless you count "waiting for the next postcard event" as a step.

We'll see what happens. I am debating what to write on my three cards. Hmmm.




A new movement is aiming to mail at least 1 million postcards to President Donald Trump on Wednesday, March 15—historically dubbed "the Ides of March" and known as the day Julius Caesar was assassinated—to show "the man, the media, and the politicians how vast our numbers are...to make it irrefutable that the president's claim of wide support is a farce."

"He may draw a big crowd with empty promises, but the crowd of those that oppose his agenda is exponentially larger. And we will show up to protest, to vote, and to be heard. Again and again and again," the group, which calls itself the Ides of Trump, explained on its website and Facebook page.

The group outlines five steps to participate:

1) Write one postcard. Write a dozen! Create your own cards, buy them, share them, it doesn't matter as long as you write #TheIdes or #TheIdesOfTrump on them somewhere.
2) Take a picture of your cards and post them on social media (tagged with #TheIdesOfTrump or #TheIdes, please). This will help us verify our numbers.
3) Spread the word! Everyone on Earth can let Washington know their opinion of the President. They can't build a wall high enough to stop the mail.
4) Then, on March 15th, mail your cards to:
The President (for now)  
The White House
1600 Pennsylvania Avenue
NW Washington, DC 20500

5) Get ready for the NEXT postcard campaign, and the next, and the next—because we’re not going away. We will make ourselves heard by joining together. And together, we will wield the kind of political clout that can't be ignored.

http://www.commondreams.org/news/2017/03/13/ides-trump-action-aims-send-more-mail-white-house-can-ignore




Great idea. Agitate! Agitate! Agitate!

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:What's next? Making macaroni art on a paper plate?
I liked that and Macaroni necklaces.

View user profile
It's definitely happening and reminders are flying. I, too, bought pre-stamped postcards the other day, and, though I'm showing the return address as #TheIdesOfTrump, I won't be posting on social media, and that's not a requirement unless you insist your card(s) be counted.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:It's definitely happening and reminders are flying.  I, too, bought pre-stamped postcards the other day, and, though I'm showing the return address as #TheIdesOfTrump, I won't be posting on social media, and that's not a requirement unless you insist your card(s) be counted.

I got my postcards yesterday at the post office. They are blank on the side that usually has a picture on it. It has been probably several decades since I last sent a post card to anyone so I looked up how to address it.

I am not going to take a picture of my cards either. I'm just "mailing it in". Sure, this may seem like a lame thing to do but no one thought the Women's March the day after the swearing in was going to amount to much but it sure showed a lot of support for an alternate vision for the country. We have to continue to let the WH know that we're still here and are still paying attention. As if it were easy to look away from a train wreck.


http://usprinting.com/index.iml?mdl=subpage/view.mdl&PAGE_ID=29760

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:What's next? Making macaroni art on a paper plate?

Don't hate on macaroni. Clearly you're a kraft mac & cheese box guy.

View user profile
panhandler wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What's next? Making macaroni art on a paper plate?

Don't hate on macaroni.  Clearly you're a kraft mac & cheese box guy.



Stuck a feather in his cap and called it macaroni.

View user profile
It would be nice if someone would post a list of suggestions for what to put on these postcards. I am too upset with what's going on to be funny or cute.

I have questions about his connections with Russia, his conflict of interests from his many businesses, his constant lying etc. None of that is funny.

George Carlin: In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem. LOL, or more accurately: UGH.

View user profile
othershoe1030 wrote:It would be nice if someone would post a list of suggestions for what to put on these postcards. I am too upset with what's going on to be funny or cute.

I have questions about his connections with Russia, his conflict of interests from his many businesses, his constant lying etc. None of that is funny.

George Carlin: In America, anyone can become president. That's the problem. LOL, or more accurately: UGH.

Dear President Bannon,

The American people are not in alignment with your radical world view.

You were not elected to office, so it would be appreciated if you would kindly vacate your office and take your toadie with you.

Thanks for your cooperation in this matter.

Sincerely,

a concerned American citizen

View user profile
Dear President Trump,

Obama and Clinton both had Iranian advisors. Will you have an Iranian attending every singke meeting you attend?  Jarret may not be available (she just moved in with the Obama's)

George Soros the communist billionaire....will he be a close advisor to you like he is to HillarY or will he just continue to support the unemployed protestors?

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:What's next? Making macaroni art on a paper plate?

Considering who the postcards are intended for the macaroni glued to a paper plate may make a lot of sense.

View user profile
I simply wrote something like, "Stop your continual lies or resign." It really doesn't matter what you say; it won't likely be read by anyone, much less Trump. The simple FACT of the magnitude of anti-Trump sentiment demonstrated by the mountain of cards is what matters.
I know someone snowed in in the Northeast who won't be mailing hers 'til tomorrow, so anyone who didn't get to it today, I'd say tomorrow is still good.

View user profile
Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to her secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing



Last edited by Telstar on 3/16/2017, 2:51 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to he secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Since you insist on bringing up the past.....


Why don't you tell the group about that, Bill Moore.....go ahead because I have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you copied info when you snuck on the private forum using the same IP you used on Star's forum.  Star gave us your IP!

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to he secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Since you insist on bringing up the past.....


Why don't you tell the group about that, Bill Moore.....go ahead because I have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you copied info when you snuck on the private forum using the same IP you used on Star's forum.  Star gave us your IP!

You need to stop attacking Bill Moore. If I recall, you aligned yourself with a child molester and with that idiot "Chrissy".

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?

To quote your idiot idol: NASTY WOMAN.

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to he secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Since you insist on bringing up the past.....


Why don't you tell the group about that, Bill Moore.....go ahead because I have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you copied info when you snuck on the private forum using the same IP you used on Star's forum.  Star gave us your IP!

You need to stop attacking Bill Moore.  If I recall, you aligned yourself with a child molester and with that idiot "Chrissy".





Wow she supported a child molester? That's really sick. Did she have a fling going on with this Bill? I can't see any other reason why she would be so obsessed with him after all these years. Obviously she was tickled when Chrissy would flirt with her and tried to come on to her in the cave. No wonder she enabled Chrissy to attack other members on the forum. They had a "special" bond. Twisted Evil

View user profile
Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to he secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Since you insist on bringing up the past.....


Why don't you tell the group about that, Bill Moore.....go ahead because I have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you copied info when you snuck on the private forum using the same IP you used on Star's forum.  Star gave us your IP!

You need to stop attacking Bill Moore.  If I recall, you aligned yourself with a child molester and with that idiot "Chrissy".





Wow she supported a child molester? That's really sick. Did she have a fling going on with this Bill? I can't see any other reason why she would be so obsessed with him after all these years. Obviously she was tickled when Chrissy would flirt with her and tried to come on to her in the cave. No wonder she enabled Chrissy to attack other members on the forum. They had a "special" bond. Twisted Evil


You are a very sick perverted man, Bill Moore. Nothing but sick lies from a little disgusting lowlife. 

I never supported a molester....the molester aligned himself with you. He hated you and he took up for people you targeted.....not unlike many others. 

You complained and FT posted that your poor grandchildren could not even spend the night at your house because of threats....did you ever tell her you rarely see them....because they live in South Florida and really aren't part of your measly little life?

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
Telstar wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?



Like the one Chrissy would gift to he secret love cave partner on Kentucky Derby day. Laughing Laughing Laughing

Since you insist on bringing up the past.....


Why don't you tell the group about that, Bill Moore.....go ahead because I have no idea what you are talking about. I assume you copied info when you snuck on the private forum using the same IP you used on Star's forum.  Star gave us your IP!

You need to stop attacking Bill Moore.  If I recall, you aligned yourself with a child molester and with that idiot "Chrissy".





Wow she supported a child molester? That's really sick. Did she have a fling going on with this Bill? I can't see any other reason why she would be so obsessed with him after all these years. Obviously she was tickled when Chrissy would flirt with her and tried to come on to her in the cave. No wonder she enabled Chrissy to attack other members on the forum. They had a "special" bond. Twisted Evil


You are a very sick perverted man, Bill Moore. Nothing but sick lies from a little disgusting lowlife. 

I never supported a molester....the molester aligned himself with you. He hated you and he took up for people you targeted.....not unlike many others. 

You complained and FT posted that your poor grandchildren could not even spend the night at your house because of threats....did you ever tell her you rarely see them....because they live in South Florida and really aren't part of your measly little life?







Okay, FT, I rarely see Bill's grandchildren, in fact I don't even know who they are. Hope that simmers down the crazy old bitty that is obviously still infatuated with Bill. Laughing



Last edited by Telstar on 3/16/2017, 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:Did you wear a vagina hat while writing out your postcard?

To quote your idiot idol:   NASTY WOMAN.
Lol.....With whom do you align yourself?

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum