This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

grandchildren asking my daughter questions this evening

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Mom......if you have another baby, will you love the baby more than Kate and I....

I am not pregnant, and if I had a new baby, I would love each of you the same

Mom.......what is your credit limit on your credit card?

What is that question about? It is none of your business.

When do I get my credit Card"

You don't

Mom, are you going to get a new husband on Match?

No......what is wrong with you girls tonight.

I get to spend a week at the beach with the five year old and eight year old, and cannot wait. Like the eight year old said to me three years ago......Papa.....what the hell is wrong with you?

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Mom......if you have another baby, will you love the baby more than Kate and I....

I am not pregnant, and if I had a new baby, I would love each of you the same

Mom.......what is your credit limit on your credit card?

What is that question about?  It is none of your business.

When do I get my credit Card"

You don't

Mom, are you going to get a new husband on Match?

No......what is wrong with you girls tonight.

I get to spend a week at the beach with the five year old and eight year old, and cannot wait.   Like the eight year old said to me three years ago......Papa.....what the hell is wrong with you?

Oh Seaoat it is the best time for sharing with grandkids. The stories sND wuestion are awesome.....enjoy every minute.

I was talking to my oldest daughter today about how loving all the grandkids are....and they show affection without embarrassment. It is ordinary occurrence for mine to come up and hug me and tell me they love me.....at the ballpark or in the gym. Even sit in my lap....without hesitation. It has carried over to their friends too. So many of the kids are the offspring of my children's school friends.  Just another generation. It's what I love about Gulf Breeze.

View user profile
An old tennis buddy coaches the gb high school tennis teams. I know so many players from gb over the years that I recognize the names of their children and even grandchildren. It's a neat thing. I sure wish that my kids had played tennis... but I never pushed them. I let them chose freely what they wanted to do. Of course... I did teach them some and they got group lessons with their friends. But it takes a special dedication that has to come from within to be really good at anything.

View user profile
That sense of community is the glue which holds us all together, and children are the essential component. My daughter still lives in the same town she went to high school, and her network of friends is amazing. She just mentioned a few friends were going to celebrate her birthday at a local restaurant in a back room and forty people showed up causing the waiter to bitch my daughter out about all these people who were showing up when they were told ten people. They have a community celebration once a year in July, and my daughter's house backs up to the school where they set up a carnival. As she is in the SA office all the county deputies and police officers from towns show up in her back yard with their kids and kids from friends she went to school. It creates a tight bond between the citizens and the children of children make it where no kid is isolated among the townies.

The grandkids we have heard are especially antsy to get down here to be at the beach and spend time with Papa and Mimi. We used to babysit on tuesdays and thursdays. They simply miss our presence when we are gone for three weeks and back for one week. I have to be careful not to intrude too much in their vacation, but we were hoping to have them spend one night with us and walk the project where we had a great easter egg hunt last year.

View user profile
My kids were all raised in Gulf Breeze as well as the spouses. 

I tolD my kids and the grandkids if they ever did something bad.....one of us would hear about it before they got home. My 9 year old grandson said.....we all know that!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum