Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Z, Bob, T, Neko, Ghostrider, retired leo, and probably more we are not aware.....as our journey as a group nears the end

+3
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I will keep posting and enjoy those of us who remain, but if you take these beloved forum members out of this forum, probably half of all posts over the last decade are simply gone. So much personality and knowledge which made this forum an enjoyable experience. We do not have younger people joining, and sadly more and more of our discussions will be about loss and not life. I have enjoyed the last decade plus, and although I will never meet anyone on this forum, you all will share a place in my heart. I am extremely sad today with the loss of Z because I so looked forward to his take on science and technology, and he will not be replaced.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

We lost some very good people. 

Z-man was all about energy and savings. He sent me a website for the LED lightbulbs and told me to watch for the sales. Shortly after they had a sale and I replaced all my regular light bulbs throughout my house. I still have fluorescent bulbs over the sink, in the pantry and garage. Huge savings and they don't burn out!

Sal

Sal

Joanimaroni wrote:
Z-man was all about energy and savings.

And, the occasional whacked out conspiracy theory.

I am sad today.

I really thought he'd bounce back.

RealLindaL

Don't count out this group so fast, Sea.  We do have a few somewhat younger members, after all (and boy do we need their input and energy - don't desert us, kiddos!).  Besides, my financial advisor tells me that, actuarially speaking, those of us who have attained 65 or more years at present can generally be expected to live to 91.  Yes, as we know only too well, there will be catastrophic illnesses to skew the numbers for some, but those in good health at the moment should think positive and, as I keep telling my even older husband, THINK LONG.
Besides, Sea, if you leave us we'll need to be around a very long time to have any hope whatsoever of sorting through everything we've learned from and about you and figuring out what the heck you were truly all about.         Wink   Wink

Telstar

Telstar

Has anyone heard from Boards lately? I know he's disgusted with politics but I'm surprised he's not posting on the NBA thread. None of us has an expiration date printed on us, anything can happen. Ever wonder what happens to a place like this if the real captain exits suddenly? Does it keep drifting along or does it hit a reef and sink like a stone? scratch

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Joanimaroni wrote:Z-man was all about energy and savings. He sent me a website for the LED lightbulbs and told me to watch for the sales.

Dad and his LED lightbulbs. LOL. He made us put those things all around the house when I still lived with my parents. I hated the way they made everything look, but it seems like they have advanced quite a bit in replicating that incandescent look.

Dad always talked about the "fifth fuel": energy efficiency. I'm sure he's talked about it quite a bit on here. He was an environmental scientist by trade after he retired from the military, but he always made sure to let it be known that he wasn't a "tree hugger." He always wanted the data, and if it didn't back up what people were saying about a subject, he discounted it.

And yes, as Sal mentioned, he did like whacky conspiracy theories. While I dabbled in my younger years under his tutelage, I've given up on those largely. But it does kind of make me giggle to think of Dad talking about them.

I'm sorry that you all have lost so many people on here. Dad used to talk about it too, expressing the same sort of sadness about it. People my age have resigned their debates to Facebook, but even I know better than to do that now. Too easy to get in trouble, although I LOVE a good debate. Perhaps I will have to stick around on here for a while.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

PkrBum

PkrBum

Fair warning... we play rough in this sandbox... lol. The arguing gets heated... but most of us know it's just a game and don't take it personally. Just stand up for yourself and this can be very entertaining.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

PkrBum wrote:Fair warning... we play rough in this sandbox... lol. The arguing gets heated... but most of us know it's just a game and don't take it personally. Just stand up for yourself and this can be very entertaining.

Duly noted Wink

2seaoat

Welcome. I agreed with your dad on almost everything except his belief that there is some international banking conspiracy which is controlled by a handful of people over many generations. Most banks are public traded stock, and most of the world's wealth has shifted to emerging economic super powers in Asia, and the old eighteenth century banking ties in Europe are irrelevant, but he insisted that some folks in closed meetings rigged the system. I would disagree. Wealth always conspires to keep their money, but the idea that there is an intergenerational conspiracy and you were somehow born into this because you belonged to the club, never made much sense to me, and he would respectfully disagree.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:Welcome.   I agreed with your dad on almost everything except his belief that there is some international banking conspiracy which is controlled by a handful of people over many generations.   Most banks are public traded stock, and most of the world's wealth has shifted to emerging economic super powers in Asia, and the old eighteenth century banking ties in Europe are irrelevant, but he insisted that some folks in closed meetings rigged the system.   I would disagree.   Wealth always conspires to keep their money, but the idea that there is an intergenerational conspiracy and you were somehow born into this because you belonged to the club, never made much sense to me, and he would respectfully disagree.

That, and the one about how climate change was a plot by globalists to keep the masses from eating hamburgers ...

... or something.

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

Sal wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Welcome.   I agreed with your dad on almost everything except his belief that there is some international banking conspiracy which is controlled by a handful of people over many generations.   Most banks are public traded stock, and most of the world's wealth has shifted to emerging economic super powers in Asia, and the old eighteenth century banking ties in Europe are irrelevant, but he insisted that some folks in closed meetings rigged the system.   I would disagree.   Wealth always conspires to keep their money, but the idea that there is an intergenerational conspiracy and you were somehow born into this because you belonged to the club, never made much sense to me, and he would respectfully disagree.

That, and the one about how climate change was a plot by globalists to keep the masses from eating hamburgers ...

... or something.

You guys are making me smile. I didn't subscribe to these theories you mention, but I know Dad did. He stumbled upon books about the illuminati at an underground bookstore in the 70s or early 80s--when the information was not as widely known as it is today. So, I think his being an early adopter, so to speak, made him a pretty staunch believer. Either way, it was something we would playfully debate in my later 20s. He was always open to talking about politics and all sorts of topics. As his health declined, that is how we would "hang out."

As I read your posts and emails from his friends, I am learning more and more that my dad guided his decisions in life by love. That is how he viewed his faith as well, withholding judgement and choosing to embrace people no matter their differences. I think he had genuine affection for all of you. Even those of you he ribbed.

RealLindaL

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I think he had genuine affection for all of you. Even those of you he ribbed.

And that affection ran both ways, I'm sure you know by now -- even from those of us who occasionally gave Z a bit of a hard time for one reason or another. Smile

PkrBum

PkrBum

Yep... he and I really only agreed about science and the federal reserve.

That left plenty for us to butt heads over... lol.

Sal

Sal

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:

You guys are making me smile. I didn't subscribe to these theories you mention, but I know Dad did. He stumbled upon books about the illuminati at an underground bookstore in the 70s or early 80s--when the information was not as widely known as it is today. So, I think his being an early adopter, so to speak, made him a pretty staunch believer. Either way, it was something we would playfully debate in my later 20s. He was always open to talking about politics and all sorts of topics. As his health declined, that is how we would "hang out."

As I read your posts and emails from his friends, I am learning more and more that my dad guided his decisions in life by love. That is how he viewed his faith as well, withholding judgement and choosing to embrace people no matter their differences. I think he had genuine affection for all of you. Even those of you he ribbed.

He was a genuinely nice guy.

I would rib him pretty hard on his crackpot conspiracy theories, but I couldn't get a rise out of him or get under his skin.

He just good-naturedly disagreed.

I sometimes wondered if he really believed that stuff, or if he just liked the stories so much he couldn't let them go.

2seaoat

He believed those conspiracy theories. I believe that the Chicago Bulls are going to win the NBA championship.......eventually I may be right.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum