Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shocked.....President Trump acted like a president

+7
Telstar
knothead
Sal
RealLindaL
Floridatexan
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

2seaoat

His speech was presidential. His content was borderline, but the delivery was presidential. The parents of the fallen soldier were gritting their teeth as their son's death was politicized exactly what they feared. The widow however has the final say.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Great speech.....but the democrats really showed their jackassery.

2seaoat

The KY former governor giving the Democratic response was the best speech of the night. Home run. Where has this guy been?

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Trump blamed the military and the generals for his incompetence and used the wife of the slain Navy Seal as a stage prop. I am sickened.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obama used victims and children as stage props. The wife of navy seal Ryan Owens applauded and thanked President Trump.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:Obama used victims and children as stage props. The wife of navy seal Ryan Owens applauded and thanked President Trump.

He used her grief to advance himself. I expected nothing more or less. Your continued support of him in the face of his obvious sellout is disgusting.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Disgusting? Please....Mrs. Owens thanked President Trump she was not sickened by his comments. He praised her husband.

RealLindaL

Following is the text of an email I sent a little earlier tonight to a friend who'd wondered if Trump's improved demeanor during his presentation before Congress might've been the sign of better things to come (though she also feared it might've only been a "red  herring"). As you'll note below, I disagreed with any positive assessment of his performance, just as I do with Seaoat and Joani here, while I'm right in tune with FT and then some:

You needed to listen to Cory Booker and Chuck Schumer pointing out in sharply specific detail after the speech that what Trump said tonight doesn't jibe at ALL with what he's actually been DOING.   Either one of these men would've done an excellent job of rebuttal, while I thought the old Kentucky governor's Dem rebuttal was a total waste, an embarrassment in fact, and was obviously written before the guy had any idea what Trump would say tonight.   It was simply broad party talking points, with no strong and specific ammunition against Trump's phony statements on the podium.  A lost opportunity for sure, something the Democrats can hardly afford at this point.

As to the hate crimes, Rachel pointed out tonight that Trump just the other day said something that implied the crimes were being perpetrated to make HIM (Trump) look bad, and that the Jews themselves might've even carried them out.  Are you KIDDING ME???!!  I was not aware of that (and haven't had time to research & verify), but, if true, that would be one of, if not the, most HEINOUS conspiracy theories he's ever proposed -- and something right out of Steve Bannon's playbook.

Hubby and I both also thought Trump's lengthy milking of sympathy for the SEAL'S widow was horrific.  It was blatantly obvious that it was all done to deflect attention from him, as he continued his attempt to say the raid wasn't on Trump's account -- it was all planned out before he got there. Right.  Don't blame HIM for ANYTHING.  This man is incapable of ever admitting fault.

So yeah, don't be fooled by whatever he said tonight, or by any apparent new demeanor.  Watch instead what he DOES in the coming weeks and months.  He is just one of the most horrid people this country has ever produced, and this zebra definitely can't change his stripes.

I know, I should get an opinion once in a while.   Ha.      

Oh, and I certainly don't blame your sister for not watching.  My hubby mostly had his head buried in a book, and it took all I had to stay tuned in to listen to yet more lies and B.S.   Trump gives me the creeps, but as much as it sickens us, I think we need to pay close attention to this nefarious enemy from within.

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:His speech was presidential.  His content was borderline, but the delivery was presidential.  The parents of the fallen soldier were gritting their teeth as their son's death was politicized exactly what they feared.  The widow however has the final say.

The bar has been set unbelievably low.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The KY former governor giving the Democratic response was the best speech of the night.  Home run.  Where has this guy been?
This former 2 term governor, 1 term lieutenant governor, 4 year state attorney, and 6 year legislator all served as a democrat suddenly doesn't seem to know which party he is with....
Is he a Republican or Democrat?

Comments from a guy from Kentucky...

As a PROUD KENTUCKIAN  I will tell you the truth. Beshear is a example of a failed Democratic Party. After his tenure our commonwealth has been left in utter disarray. No economic growth, no significant job growth, elimination of the coal industry and a major increase in welfare dependence. Anytime you hear him speak check the facts!

knothead

knothead

2seaoat wrote:His speech was presidential.  His content was borderline, but the delivery was presidential.  The parents of the fallen soldier were gritting their teeth as their son's death was politicized exactly what they feared.  The widow however has the final say.

I cannot agree that it was presidential Mr. Oats . . . . it was canned and disingenuous. Most Americans, I believe, wanted and needed to hear this man be sincere instead of provocations over and over . . . the deeper problem is he has shown America who he is and the way he wants to play "the game". His handlers, Mr. Bannon and Mr. Miller, clearly point him in the direction of putting a thumb in everyone's eye and encourage him to fire at will so to speak . . . No one know what he stands for and what his core principles are except that he is a hard nosed developer who bloviated his way into the WH and continues to do so. I clearly have nothing but disdain for Trump but recognize his strategy to politicize virtually everything and demonize all things critical of him . . . . that's a problem and a big one. He has his work cut out for him but he continues to mimic FDR and his famous 'chicken in every pot strategy' but pushing all the buttons to gain favor with unions, blue collar Americans, working class folks, black community . . . you name it he has something titillating for each group . . . is he sincere? Who the heck knows but he is pushing those buttons. One of my other concerns is his lack of moral authority. He has none whatsoever and the time will come when the slack will run out of the rope and he will need to have a calming effect in a crisis that is surely to happen. In short I can summarize my own feelings by simply saying I DON'T BELIEVE YOU!

2seaoat

The bar has been set unbelievably low.

It has. The fact that he acted presidential for the first time in a year would be taken for granted in the last ten presidents. The most disgusting thing of the evening for me was when President Trump stated that they would repeal and replace Obamacare......the hoots and howls from the floor was absolutely disgusting. 22 million Americans have insurance now who without the ACA would not. Millions of people with preexisting conditions are sleeping at night knowing that they are no longer indentured servants to employers who they cannot leave because of their health. It was the intensity of that response which in my mind guarantees that there will be deadlock in congress to replace. The Democrats have vowed not to lift a hand in hurting people to find a replacement, and this means that moderate republicans are going to be voting to hurt Americans while the radicalized pawns of the 1% want greater tax cuts and no money going out for health subsidies. President Trump was presidential, but the response of the Republican congress will forever be seared on my mind as to where the problem is in America, and how the democrats have no solution as to the continued gerrymandering which guarantees these evil people will stay in power. President Trump is evil. The Republican Party has become evil, and the only question is how will America survive.

As to his focus on American jobs and implementing tariffs......I think this was an honest problem for the president, and if done correctly could be a huge benefit for American jobs.

He stuck to the speech on the teleprompter. Smartest thing he's done so far.

It's when he tells us how he really feels his ratings plummet downward.

Still it is only words. Let's see what comes of it besides BS.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Obama had speech writers and teleprompters. We all laughed about the mess ups.....when the teleprompter wasn't working. Selective memory.

knothead

knothead

panhandler wrote:He stuck to the speech on the teleprompter.  Smartest thing he's done so far.

Still it is only words.  Let's see what comes of it besides BS.

Great point and well said . . . . being rational seems so weird these days!

Telstar

Telstar

knothead wrote:
panhandler wrote:He stuck to the speech on the teleprompter.  Smartest thing he's done so far.

Did he mention anything about health care being a lot less complicated for 1% billionaires?

dumpcare

I watched his whole speech last night and the dems did stand up for honor Ryan Owen's. There may have been a couple I didn't see but I saw them stand up right along with everyone else.

http://www.snopes.com/democrats-stand-seal-widow/

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I also watched and some democrats remained seated. If not, however, according to the pictures they could have been incredibly short.

http://ijr.com/2017/03/814731-fact-check-what-really-happened-during-standing-ovation-for-navy-seals-widow-at-trump-speech/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=ijamerica&utm_campaign=ods&utm_content=Politics

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Joanimaroni wrote:I also watched and some democrats remained seated. If not, however, according to the pictures they could have been incredibly short.

http://ijr.com/2017/03/814731-fact-check-what-really-happened-during-standing-ovation-for-navy-seals-widow-at-trump-speech/?utm_source=Facebook&utm_medium=Owned&utm_term=ijamerica&utm_campaign=ods&utm_content=Politics

Your source is not credible.

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

I just realized, after looking at the older videos of Trump, that I worked for someone very much like him...but from Brooklyn, not Queens. Z knows who I mean. I'll leave it at that.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Floridatexan wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:I also watched and some democrats remained seated. If not, however, according to the pictures they could have been incredibly short.

Your source is not credible.

Did they fake the pictures? How about my TV.....was I watching fake pictures during the speech?

Vikingwoman

It doesn't matter what he says. He has lied too many times for me to be optimistic about his agenda. We need to see what he does and right now that Russia thing is getting worse and worse as I believed.

Telstar wrote:
knothead wrote:

Did he mention anything about health care being a lot less complicated for 1% billionaires?  

Yes, yes he did...  Laughing

Shocked.....President Trump acted like a president Operat10

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

panhandler wrote:
Telstar wrote:
knothead wrote:

Yes, yes he did...  Laughing

Shocked.....President Trump acted like a president Operat10

lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol! lol!

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Get real. Trump didn't win the election, Putin did. Trump is a Russian agent whose principal advisor advocates the total destruction of the American government.

Trump's speech wasn't presidential. It was another "c'mon, step right up and buy your two dollar ticket to go inside and see the lady with three tits!

Seaoat, you really need to wake-up. Trump is the biggest threat America has ever faced, and you're sitting on the sideline leaping with joy when the Pussy grabber with the dead rat on his head says anything other than an outburst of irrational, uncontrollable ego.

Presidential? Using the widow of the dead SEAL for political purposes? The facts are she was duped and used by Trump who never ever understood the word shame.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum