This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

My husband is now in the hospital

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

2seaoat wrote:mindful is good.  It is essential to be aware of all the factors and not take any thing for granted, including and not limited to medical options outlined by a doctor.   You have to become an advocate and make sure that any procedure can first be justified by an understanding of where the patient is.........I do not want to give the impression that I am very skeptical of what doctors say to me, but they all know that I will question, and I make it clear that for me to give an informed consent to treatment, I need to understand where my body is now, what options help, and what are the risks.   Sometimes I have found that doctors do needless procedures and tests without fully explaining the purpose, and the goal.  So mindful is a very good state of being, because one does not have to be cynical or negative to be aware, and demand that all who are treating the patient can verbalize their reason and logic for the course of treatment.

Luckily, this isn't my first rodeo, Seaoat.  And, as I'm sure you know, I'm a natural skeptic.  I did this for 4 years with my MIL, through surgeries, and I was her advocate, seeing the doctors with her.  Same with my husband, through his 2 angioplasties.  This is the same team that did his 2nd stent in 2016...and it doesn't hurt that my daughter is a nurse at another hospital and specializes in cardiac recovery.  I know there are risks, but at this point the risk is outweighed by the necessity.  Did I mention stubborn?  

And I was actually using the word "mindfulness" in the meditative sense...not allowing oneself to be overcome by emotions and negative thoughts.  I'm sure you're expert at this, as is Mrs. Seaoat.

Yes, Linda...I'm right there with you. And I hope and pray for the best outcome for your husband, too...in fact, I pray for everyone here who's dealing with health issues. I'm doing it right now...

View user profile
Floridatexan wrote:Yes, Linda...I'm right there with you.  And I hope and pray for the best outcome for your husband, too...

Thank you.

View user profile
I am sorry to hear about a valve replacement. Over half of endocrine cancer patients over time have heart valve problems. I have been fine in that regard, but they monitor my aorta annyurism. I had a good friend who twenty years ago got pig valves and he did fine for about 15 years. It was pretty cool. We just get to that point where we wear out. I feel worn out but it was so fricking beautiful today that how can you not celebrate being alive. I hope both husbands have success in the medical procedures and stay the hell away from the hospital.

View user profile
Agreed... hospitals would be a nice places to visit if it weren't for all those sick people.

View user profile

30 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 4:13 am

I hope your husband is doing well FT, and you too. sunny

View user profile

31 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 11:43 am

Telstar wrote:I hope your husband is doing well FT, and you too. sunny

I second that sentiment.

And while I'm here, let me share an observation with you...

It is very apparent that you all care a lot about each other. I experienced that first hand when you all were worried about my dad. In fact, I had no idea of your political or personal differences, and I still don't largely, because all I saw was kindness and caring. I know you all enjoy "playing in the sandbox," and I know my dad did too. Still, something is going on in these boards that I wish could be transplanted into the real world. I know I've only seen a sliver of what goes on here, but I still think you all are genuinely good people with big hearts.

I wish you some sunshine in your day, FT, in whatever form the universe chooses to give it to you.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

32 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 1:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
Telstar wrote:I hope your husband is doing well FT, and you too. sunny

I second that sentiment.

And while I'm here, let me share an observation with you...

It is very apparent that you all care a lot about each other. I experienced that first hand when you all were worried about my dad. In fact, I had no idea of your political or personal differences, and I still don't largely, because all I saw was kindness and caring. I know you all enjoy "playing in the sandbox," and I know my dad did too. Still, something is going on in these boards that I wish could be transplanted into the real world. I know I've only seen a sliver of what goes on here, but I still think you all are genuinely good people with big hearts.

I wish you some sunshine in your day, FT, in whatever form the universe chooses to give it to you.

Thank you, Brooke. I see you have a lot of your dad in you. Please share my condolences with your mother and the rest of your family. We all loved him.

View user profile

33 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 1:20 pm

I am happy to report that my husband came home from rehab Tuesday morning. I'm sorry I can't go into great detail...it is, after all, his medical info. However, he continues to recover and we are dealing with the various snags, like interim meds, medical records, VA, both the hospital and the rehab center, etc. Home health will visit tomorrow. He was hospitalized for 2 weeks, spent another 2 weeks in rehab. He continues to improve...in fact, he drove all his "girls" to Ft. Pickens on the day he was released.

View user profile

34 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 1:21 pm

Thanks, everyone, for your very kind words, which helped me get through this ordeal.

View user profile

35 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 1:23 pm

It's a weird thing... the pull I feel to ft Pickens. I know many do too. There's something special about it.

View user profile

36 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 1:31 pm

Wishing your husband well.

View user profile

37 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 4:14 pm

Floridatexan wrote:
Thanks, everyone, for your very kind words, which helped me get through this ordeal.

Great news FT. Very Happy

View user profile

38 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/23/2017, 4:37 pm

What Tel said!! Hope your hubby continues to do well, FT.

View user profile

39 Re: My husband is now in the hospital on 3/24/2017, 2:45 am

It is always good to get home from the hospital.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum