This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

A Slow Moving and Methodical Coup is Underway

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

The rot goes all the way to the top, and the Deep State is having none of it.

Our spies have never liked Trump’s lackadaisical attitude toward the President’s Daily Brief, the most sensitive of all IC documents, which the new commander-in-chief has received haphazardly. The president has frequently blown off the PDB altogether, tasking Flynn with condensing it into a one-page summary with no more than nine bullet-points. Some in the IC are relieved by this, but there are pervasive concerns that the president simply isn’t paying attention to intelligence.

In light of this, and out of worries about the White House’s ability to keep secrets, some of our spy agencies have begun withholding intelligence from the Oval Office. Why risk your most sensitive information if the president may ignore it anyway? A senior National Security Agency official explained that NSA was systematically holding back some of the “good stuff” from the White House, in an unprecedented move. For decades, NSA has prepared special reports for the president’s eyes only, containing enormously sensitive intelligence. In the last three weeks, however, NSA has ceased doing this, fearing Trump and his staff cannot keep their best SIGINT secrets.

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/

View user profile
Certainly doesn't help one sleep well at night.

View user profile
Rooting for the Deep State is not a comfortable position, but here we are.

View user profile
Probably partially depends on whose "Deep State" one happens to believe actually exists.

Aside: It's also not "comfortable" rooting for North Korea, but some days I swear it's difficult not to feel that way...at least momentarily.

View user profile
Is this the same Observer that Trump's son in law owns? If so... Shocked

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Sal wrote:The rot goes all the way to the top, and the Deep State is having none of it.

Our spies have never liked Trump’s lackadaisical attitude toward the President’s Daily Brief, the most sensitive of all IC documents, which the new commander-in-chief has received haphazardly. The president has frequently blown off the PDB altogether, tasking Flynn with condensing it into a one-page summary with no more than nine bullet-points. Some in the IC are relieved by this, but there are pervasive concerns that the president simply isn’t paying attention to intelligence.

In light of this, and out of worries about the White House’s ability to keep secrets, some of our spy agencies have begun withholding intelligence from the Oval Office. Why risk your most sensitive information if the president may ignore it anyway? A senior National Security Agency official explained that NSA was systematically holding back some of the “good stuff” from the White House, in an unprecedented move. For decades, NSA has prepared special reports for the president’s eyes only, containing enormously sensitive intelligence. In the last three weeks, however, NSA has ceased doing this, fearing Trump and his staff cannot keep their best SIGINT secrets.

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/


I was prepared to fully discount this post because you didn't put quotes around someone else's words. That's called plagiarism. There's a link at the bottom but the reader can't tell if it's the source or an addendum.

But...     when I did a little checking on Deep State I found the Moyers interview with Lofgren, a couple of posts on Jesse's Cafe and the HuffPo essay and had to revise my opinion. The way it's posted still stinks but the content, which leads a perceptive reader to Lofgren, is great.

I ordered the book from Amazon, but before I get it, I have a question: What exactly do YOU mean by Deep State? You've used the term in a couple other posts.

Re: changing one's opinion: As the late Jaques Barzun put it in his outstanding work "From Dawn to Decadence", (The absolute best volume of general history I've ever read--and I've read a few):

"The complexity of things, the multiplicity of minds and wills and the uncertainty of outcomes form the basis for keeping one's opinions ever subject to revision."

Sal wrote:The rot goes all the way to the top, and the Deep State is having none of it.

What’s going on was explained lucidly by a senior Pentagon intelligence official, who stated that “since January 20, we’ve assumed that the Kremlin has ears inside the SITROOM,” meaning the White House Situation Room, the 5,500 square-foot conference room in the West Wing where the president and his top staffers get intelligence briefings. “There’s not much the Russians don’t know at this point,” the official added in wry frustration.

http://observer.com/2017/02/donald-trump-administration-mike-flynn-russian-embassy/




"By Any Means Necessary." Jean-Paul Sartre

View user profile
btraven wrote:
I was prepared to fully discount this post because you didn't put quotes around someone else's words. That's called plagiarism. There's a link at the bottom but the reader can't tell if it's the source or an addendum.

The way it's posted still stinks

Piss off.

Better?

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Telstar wrote:

"By Any Means Necessary." Jean-Paul Sartre

That's part of a line from a play, sparky--"Dirty Hands" by Sartre. Why don't you quote the whole thing:

"It is not by refusing to lie that we will abolish lies: it is by eradicating class by any means necessary."

You down with that, "eradicating class by any means necessary"? Is that what you're suggesting?  Does that include the relatively well-off class that has access to the internet and the wherewithal to use it?

Guest


Guest
Sal wrote:
btraven wrote:
I was prepared to fully discount this post because you didn't put quotes around someone else's words. That's called plagiarism. There's a link at the bottom but the reader can't tell if it's the source or an addendum.

The way it's posted still stinks

Piss off.

Better?

L. O. L.

Sal wrote:
btraven wrote:
I was prepared to fully discount this post because you didn't put quotes around someone else's words. That's called plagiarism. There's a link at the bottom but the reader can't tell if it's the source or an addendum.

The way it's posted still stinks

Piss off.

Better?





Much better. Laughing

View user profile
SheWrites wrote:Is this the same Observer that Trump's son in law owns?  If so... Shocked

View user profile

Guest


Guest
SheWrites wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Is this the same Observer that Trump's son in law owns?  If so... Shocked


http://www.businessinsider.com/jared-kushner-steps-down-as-publisher-of-the-observer-2017-1

If so... what? What's your point?

SheWrites wrote:
SheWrites wrote:Is this the same Observer that Trump's son in law owns?  If so... Shocked


The Observer is owned by real estate scion Jared Kushner, who married Ivanka Trump in 2009, making enthusiastic Romney supporter Donald Trump his father-in-law.Oct 16, 2012
New York Observer, Owned By Trump Son-In-Law, Endorses Mitt ...
www.huffingtonpost.com/.../new-york-observer-endorses-mitt-romney_n_1972163.htm...

This is what popped up when I did a search for owner of the Observer Newspaper. If it is not true currently at least he owned it in 2012.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum