This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Seaoat

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 2:02 pm

My mother slipped in the bathtub and hit her head hard. She had headaches for three weeks thereafter and then bumped her head slightly while getting out of the car and she was lights out. The ambulance was called, and they found that she had a bleeder on the brain. They drilled holes to drain the blood and put her on clotting medications and she stayed in intensive care for a week, and then fully recovered.

Nobody is accusing the parents or anybody else. A head injury can happen which is significant and not immediately blow up. The experts will testify to this. Experts who have seen shaken babies all over America, and have reviewed the medical evidence. This rush to judgment is a travesty. But for the grace of God anyone on this forum could be in this woman's place. The rejection of bail tells the whole story, and then the state wanting to reduce the same when word got out of a civil suit.......and the most obvious thing is the silence of the papers.........this woman will never go to trial.....the state will release her. Bet on it. If the public heard the evidence, they would be asking for some people's jobs. One volunteer fireman thrown on the sacrificial fire to appease an insider......this should not happen in America.

View user profile

27 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 2:31 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I believe an innocent women in America has been persecuted by a Criminal Justice system which jumped the gun, and sadly this may have happened because of undue influence on the system.  Their home has been sold and their lives shattered, and I doubt a jury who is fair could ever find this woman guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.  A tragedy which can never be made right.  A child is dead.  A family is destroyed, and justice in Santa Rosa County appears to only apply to some.

That is your opinion. You are assuming Lowery is innocent because of her past behaviour. Things change, people change....people can snap. That child was in her care and her care alone for 3 hours. The damage happened during that time....the injury would have been evident immediately not 3 hours later. Go read the police report....it includes the operative notes and damage to the child's brain.

That's not true, Joani. Many people have had brain injuries that killed them later and didn't show up immediately. Case in point was Liam Nesson's wife who hit a tree while skiing. She was perfectly fine and dies hours later from her injury.

Same question for you and Seaoat....epidural or subdural hematoma. What about hemorrhage and retina detachments?

View user profile

28 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 3:08 pm

retinal detachments are often not even found in routine eye exams

http://www.webmd.com/eye-health/tc/retinal-detachment-exams-and-tests

Subdural Hematoma

A subdural hematoma occurs in the subdural space between the dura mater and the arachnoid due to the tearing of the small veins connecting the dura mater and the arachnoid. Subdural hematomas are more common than epidural hematomas but similarly can be life threatening and can require surgical evacuation. Depending on the severity of the condition, subdural hematoma brain bleeds carry a mortality rate of 50-90%.

If discovered within three (3) days following an injury, these bleeds are considered an acute subdural hematoma (ASDH). If discovered after three (3) days and up to fourteen (14) days following an injury, it is considered a subacute subdural hematoma (SASDH). A chronic subdural hematoma (CSDH) is a brain bleed that is discovered more than two (2) weeks following an injury.

http://deshawlaw.com/brain-injury-lawyers/brain-bleed-injuries/

Sorry, but non of these symptoms point to an immediate injury that day. Could some mild contact have triggered an earlier injury? I saw this with my mother. The truth is that a jury must prove beyond a reasonable doubt that these injuries could have only happened that morning. The experts are going to testify that it is more likely that these injuries happened earlier. We can speculate all we want, but one thing is certain, if the evidence gets before a jury, and not a rush to judgment by the SA and the press, justice will be served. I just doubt that the SA will bring the case to trial. They will dismiss with prejudice. The defendant has no assets, and your homeowner's insurance does not cover injuries for a childcare business so there are no deep pockets to pay somebody in a wrongful death. No this is all about the rush to judgment and undue influence which maybe some newspaper will listen to the family about this horrible miscarriage of justice.

View user profile

29 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 10:20 pm

The fact that this woman was a daycare provider for 20 yrs. and no history of losing control like that makes it difficult for me to believe she just up and shook that child so severely. It would have come out before,imo. I do suspect something happened to that child before he came to daycare the parents aren't revealing. He either fell or somehow hit his head and getting hit w/ the block triggered the damage. In any respect I don't know how they can convict this woman w/ so many unknowns. I don't understand how they can deny her bail either? She must not have a very good lawyer.

View user profile

30 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 10:43 pm

We will see. A small block, IMO did not aggravate a previous injury to that amout ofmbrain damage.The amount of damage according to viewed reports, would have been symptomatic immediately. Lowery said the child was fine when he arrived at 7am. Nothing was noticed until 3 hours after arriving.

View user profile

31 Re: Seaoat on 7/10/2017, 11:03 pm

The bond might as well have been ten million dollars because the family could not cover the same. It is only a month away, and I doubt there will be a trial, or one more prosecution continuance.

View user profile

32 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 6:05 am

Seaoat, I know the difference between a subdural and epidural hematoma....your relative had to have had a subacute subdural hematona initially. Natasha Richardson did not, she had an epidural hematoma caused by an arterial bleed between the skull and dura. Treatment must be immediate. Symptoms within 1 hour and death within a couple of hours.

The day care child had massive bkeeding, massive traumatic brain damage, and severe damage to the retinas. The symptoms would be immediate, not a subtle accumulation of bleeding and symptons over 3-4 hours or several days or weeks. Immediate.

View user profile

33 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 10:21 am

Where are you getting this medical info? This wouldn't have been in the arrest report. Have you read the autopsy?

View user profile

34 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 10:44 am

From what I read the damage can be immediate or they can take 4-6 hrs. before symptoms show up such as retinol damage. The brain starts swelling slowly.. In the case of 4-6 hrs the parents are now in this time frame.

View user profile

35 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 10:45 am

That is just the opposite of what the family had told neighbors what their experts who will testify and have reviewed the medical records. This poor woman was executed in the newspaper by hearsay and local medical folks who were not experts. It is no accident that the prosecution has delayed this trial. If what you say is true, why did this trial not happen two years ago. They hoped she would die with her health problems, she did not. The experts who have reviewed the medical records will testify.......my bet there will never be a trial.

View user profile

36 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 10:50 am

Oh, and I will let out just a little inside information which is allegedly true as told to me by neighbors that the family of the child had a significant family member who worked in the criminal justice system. Whether that is true or false, we would not know because the newspapers shut down the coverage of this travesty of justice. Again, I have never seen this type of case in 36 years which went to a grand jury this fast. I am not suggesting that the family did anything wrong, or that this injury even happened by an act of another human, but I am suggesting that the rush to judgment may have been because of alleged undue influence.

View user profile

37 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 5:47 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Where are you getting this medical info? This wouldn't have been in the arrest report. Have you read the autopsy?

Pull the arrest report, the physicians statements are included.

No I did not read the autopsy report. It is not a public record.


Once again, the amount of damage the child suffered would present symptoms immediately. Not hours later.

I have seen traumatic brain injuries with acute subdural hematoma present without initial symptoms and progress over 4-5 hours. Usually starting with lethargy, vomiting, unequal pupils, and unconsciousness. Immediate surgery is successful.

I wish like hell this was a horrible accident but...

View user profile

38 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 8:15 pm

Did you go down to the police station and pull the report?

View user profile

39 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 8:24 pm

All that comes to my mind is the expertise of the doctors who worked on T and Bob. Sorry, some medical conclusions require experts. T always had a distrust of doctors, and in both his case and Bob's case I shared his concern. I would file the local medical conclusions on what happened to this child with the same file as to what happened to Bob and T. I probably should have not said that out loud, but I was treated locally for a year with utter malpractice which I am still suffering the consequences. National experts are qualified to make a medical opinion with medical certainty......not so much with local treating docs. sorry.

View user profile

40 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 8:53 pm

It's a real pang to my heart to think about that. I think it was the same Dr... but I'm not willing to delve into it. I just feel a big hole in my heart. I kinda wish I could either talk it out... or never think of anything except the good.

View user profile

41 Re: Seaoat on 7/11/2017, 9:10 pm

Think about your mother being kept in jail for four year without trial because some local doctor without expertise said your mother shook a baby who was dropped off at her house. A person who never had a criminal record. Left her children and husband as an officer of the east milton volunteer fire department to serve her community. Never one complaint from her prior child care to kid in the community.......and some doc who worked on T and Bob says something is a medical certainty......anger cannot even touch this subject with me, and the worse part, I am betting they will drop the charges and let her go.

View user profile

42 Re: Seaoat on 7/12/2017, 12:03 am

Vikingwoman wrote:Did you go down to the police station and pull the report?

Records dept. at the jail in east Milton

View user profile

43 Re: Seaoat on 7/12/2017, 2:03 am

2seaoat wrote:All that comes to my mind is the expertise of the doctors who worked on T and Bob.   Sorry, some medical conclusions require experts.   T always had a distrust of doctors, and in both his case and Bob's case I shared his concern.  I would file the local medical conclusions on what happened to this child with the same file as to what happened to Bob and T.   I probably should have not said that out loud, but I was treated locally for a year with utter malpractice which I am still suffering the consequences.   National experts are qualified to make a medical opinion with medical certainty......not so much with local treating docs.  sorry.

Teo hadn't been to a medical Dr. in over 20 years before he died. Bob had a skin cancer he never had checked. Both probably avoidable conditions.

View user profile

44 Re: Seaoat on 7/12/2017, 2:05 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
Vikingwoman wrote:Did you go down to the police station and pull the report?

Records dept. at the jail in east Milton

I'm not that interested if I have to go pull a report at the jail. Do you know this woman or something? Why would you go down and pull the police report?

View user profile

45 Re: Seaoat on 7/13/2017, 9:24 am

We will see in just a month whether American Justice can be found in Santa Rosa County where the family points to the rush to exclude all other evidence of prior injury which their experts will testify. I am curious if the family's claim of an insider in the Court system will come to light. I have not seen a four year delay in what the newspapers and the mob thought was a lay down case.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum