This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

SNL

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 12:41 am

Great SNL. Too funny.

View user profile

27 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 1:33 am

Classic alert, Trump in The People's Court. "That's okay, I'm a T.V. President."

View user profile

28 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 1:34 am

Puty, President Trump's long time crush.

View user profile

29 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 1:49 am

Trump must be in hell right now. The fake president is big black loud and proud, and he's a WOMAN! Laughing Laughing Laughing

View user profile

30 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 2:29 am

The NBC 90th Anniversary Special on the 19th might be interesting. I guess they are afraid they won't make it to 100 after Trump B.C. kicks in. Kelsey Grammer will host, I guess Cosby is busy. I hope they don't forget about the early years with Howdy Doody, Milton Bearl, Sid Caesar, Steve Allen and Groucho Marx.

View user profile

31 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 2:37 am

Almost forgot Dave Garroway. By the way that other weird message forum seems to have a lot of fans of J Fred Muggs judging from their profile pictures except they seem to confuse him with a certain beloved ex President.

View user profile

32 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 9:13 am

btraven wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
Look, btraven, you're not going to be able to "raise the level of discourse" of everyone else here - each person has his/her own style, and I doubt they feel the need to take your rather pedantic advice, valid or not.   Further, "any perceptive reader" will likely discount your attempts to do so as those of a highly controlling-type individual, making your actual input on issues viewed less kindly.  That's what I'm talking about.  It's human nature, like it or not.

I, for instance, am a grammar and spelling freak (the only things I seem to know much about), and have to sit on my hands dozens of times a day not to correct people, because I've learned it would only be an irritant, detracting from the real point of any discussion, and perhaps even inhibiting some from expressing themselves freely.  In other words, it's counter-productive in an anonymous message board/forum environment.   I think you're smart and experienced enough to realize the same applies to your providing lessons on, say, what to call the president.

Bottom line?  Perfection will never be achieved here, so let's concentrate on what the forum's about -- politics.   Obviously I use that term broadly when I expend words marveling at the rock Melania sports --similarly, I suppose, to your stating, "The background could be used for an illustration of the words gauche or boorish--all that money and no taste or aesthetic sense, what a waste."  I just mean let's talk about the topic at hand and try not to pick on the finer points of others' presentations, even if it all sometimes drives us purely batty.  

Truce?  You and I are contemporaries and I think can speak honestly.

Wait, have I got this right? You're dissing me for dissing another poster. That's rich!

I resent your assumption that we're contemporaries. You know nothing about me other than what I choose to expose in these posts--some or all of which might be disinformation.

"Things are rarely what they seem, skim milk masquerades as cream."

Telstar's adolescent name-calling offends me to exactly the degree that Trump's tweets do. Are you suggesting that one is perfectly fine and the other is not? That one should be called out and the other not? Puh-leeze.

Other than making arrogant, adolescent remarks about other posters here, do you have ANYTHING OF VALUE TO CONTRIBUTE?

View user profile

33 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 1:17 pm

For those that missed it last night. Melissa McCarthy was great again as Spicer but great Kate McKinnon does an even better Jeff Sessions. Funny yes but they add what the originals lack, gravitas. Laughing


http://www.mediaite.com/online/melissa-mccarthy-returns-to-snl-as-screaming-sean-spicer-once-again-you-dumb-babies/

View user profile

34 Re: SNL on 2/12/2017, 4:56 pm

No, this is the fake president of the United States.


View user profile

35 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 11:06 am

Guest


Guest
Wordslinger wrote:
Other than making arrogant, adolescent remarks about other posters here, do you have ANYTHING OF VALUE TO CONTRIBUTE?

You're the last person who should call anyone else's posts adolescent. You continually refer to Trump as: "The Pussy Grabber in chief" and an "illegitimate president". How delightfully mature...   not to mention clever.

Go back to the doctor and get your medication adjusted, you're getting sick again. Or grow up.

You refer to yourself as a "writer-historian". Have you actually published anything? Are you a member of either the AHA or the OAH or one of the numerous specialist societies? Or are you just another poseur? You might be a professional "writer-historian" but it's hard to imagine because YOU WRITE LIKE A FIFTEEN YEAR-OLD GIRL!

Gee, that was fun. I feel so much better now.

36 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 11:34 am

I'm sure fake president #45 enjoyed this sketch. Not to mention her less than Dangerous ex twitter tormentor Milo Yiannopoulos. Twisted Evil


View user profile

37 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 11:41 am

Guest


Guest
Telstar wrote:I'm sure fake president #45 enjoyed this sketch. Not to mention her less than Dangerous ex twitter tormentor Milo Yiannopoulos. Twisted Evil



I missed it, did they change the name of this forum to Politics and TV Shows.

38 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 12:16 pm

Telstar wrote:I'm sure fake president #45 enjoyed this sketch. Not to mention her less than Dangerous ex twitter tormentor Milo Yiannopoulos. Twisted Evil






SNL is a rerun next week but it returns on March 4 with Oscar nominee Octavia Spencer doing the hosting honors.

View user profile

39 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 1:25 pm

btraven wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Other than making arrogant, adolescent remarks about other posters here, do you have ANYTHING OF VALUE TO CONTRIBUTE?

You're the last person who should call anyone else's posts adolescent. You continually refer to Trump as: "The Pussy Grabber in chief" and an "illegitimate president". How delightfully mature...   not to mention clever.

Go back to the doctor and get your medication adjusted, you're getting sick again. Or grow up.

You refer to yourself as a "writer-historian". Have you actually published anything? Are you a member of either the AHA or the OAH or one of the numerous specialist societies? Or are you just another poseur? You might be a professional "writer-historian" but it's hard to imagine because YOU WRITE LIKE A FIFTEEN YEAR-OLD GIRL!

Gee, that was fun. I feel so much better now.

Yes. Wrote several episodes for dramatic TV shows in the 60s. One non-fiction book published 2008 still sellling and good reviews. 2nd book with same publisher now being edited. Also have several patents in cutlery design, one hunting fishing knife line in Permanent Design Collection of MOMA. Other than pretending to be intelligent, what the fuck have YOU accomplished?

View user profile

40 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 1:28 pm

Guest


Guest
Wordslinger wrote:
Yes.  Wrote several episodes for dramatic TV shows in the 60s.  One non-fiction book published 2008 still sellling and good reviews.  2nd book with same publisher now being edited.  Also have several patents in cutlery design, one hunting fishing knife line in Permanent Design Collection of MOMA.  Other than pretending to be intelligent, what the fuck have YOU accomplished?

Well, let's see: I just annoyed the piss out of you and now I can meet my maker with a smile on my face.

41 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 1:35 pm

btraven wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Yes.  Wrote several episodes for dramatic TV shows in the 60s.  One non-fiction book published 2008 still sellling and good reviews.  2nd book with same publisher now being edited.  Also have several patents in cutlery design, one hunting fishing knife line in Permanent Design Collection of MOMA.  Other than pretending to be intelligent, what the fuck have YOU accomplished?

Well, let's see: I just annoyed the piss out of you and now I can meet my maker with a smile on my face.

Thanks for admitting you're adolescent and stupid. LOL

View user profile

42 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 1:42 pm

Guest


Guest
Wordslinger wrote:


Thanks for admitting you're adolescent and stupid.  LOL

That may be, but you still write like a girl.

43 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 5:59 pm

btraven wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:


Thanks for admitting you're adolescent and stupid.  LOL

That may be, but you still write like a girl.

So much for raising the level of discourse.

View user profile

44 Re: SNL on 2/13/2017, 6:05 pm

Guest


Guest
RealLindaL wrote:
So much for raising the level of discourse.

Oh, ferchrissakes, you didn't BELIEVE that, did you?

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum