Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

SNL

5 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1SNL Empty SNL 2/10/2017, 3:27 am

Telstar

Telstar

Alec Baldwin will host for a record 17th time. Surely the Twit in Chief will be watching. Laughing

2SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 9:51 am

2seaoat

Probably by himself..........does the wife visit on weekends? Where is that Photo of the President throwing a baseball with his son? Playing with a dog?

3SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 12:21 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:Probably by himself..........does the wife visit on weekends?   Where is that Photo of the President throwing a baseball with his son?   Playing with a dog?  

Sorry, you'll have to settle for this. Maybe somebody will shop the fake president in. The first lady  Embarassed  with her little Donald.

SNL Melani17

4SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 1:51 pm

Telstar wrote:

SNL Melani17

At least she's got her clothes on, but God! I hope his fly's zipped.

The background could be used for an illustration of the words gauche or boorish--all that money and no taste or aesthetic sense, what a waste.

5SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 2:08 pm

Telstar wrote:Surely the Twit in Chief will be...

Referring to Trump as "Twit-in-Chief" or "Fake President" tells more about the maturity level of the poster than it does about the object of the post--not to mention the fact that it's the same sort of juvenile crap Trump tweets.

Grow up.

6SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 3:38 pm

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:

Referring to Trump as "Twit-in-Chief" or "Fake President" tells more about the maturity level of the poster than it does about the object of the post--not to mention the fact that it's the same sort of juvenile crap Trump tweets.

Grow up.

Oh my, so sorry if I offended your dainty sensibilities mr. buttercup.

SNL Preper13

7SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 3:41 pm

Telstar wrote:
btraven wrote:

Grow up.

SNL Preper13

The defense rests, your honor.

8SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 3:51 pm

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:
Telstar wrote:
btraven wrote:

Grow up.

SNL Preper13

The defense rests, your honor.

Good, all better so now you know where you can rest it.

9SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:07 pm

Telstar wrote:Good, all better so now you know where you can rest it.

Thank you for making my point.

10SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:08 pm

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:

Yeah right, whatever.

11SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:11 pm

Telstar wrote:
btraven wrote:

Yeah right, whatever.

Aha, that confirms it. You're a teenager with the working vocabulary of a ten-year old.

12SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:14 pm

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:
Telstar wrote:
btraven wrote:

Yeah right, whatever.

Aha, that confirms it. You're a teenager with the working vocabulary of a ten-year old.

Troll on, troll on.

13SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:19 pm

Telstar wrote:

SNL Preper13

How wonderfully clever. I've printed out the above post and am now sitting in the smallest room in my house. I have your post in front of me. Soon, it will be behind me.

14SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:24 pm

Telstar

Telstar

btraven wrote:
Telstar wrote:

SNL Preper13

How wonderfully clever. I've printed out the above post and am now sitting in the smallest room in my house. I have your post in front of me. Soon, it will be behind me.

SNL Yawn11

15SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:34 pm

RealLindaL

Stop it, please, both of you.  

I must say that you, btraven, make yourself look like nothing but a juvenile fight-picker when you start in on people with your high-handed arrogance about what they should or shouldn't say or do.   Quit trying to be the judge of us all on this forum and just concentrate on the politics, OK?  Your points will be taken far more seriously if you do so.  

I wanted to comment on the photo (and that rock on Melania's left hand) but have now lost interest -- not, I realize, that you care.

16SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 4:59 pm

RealLindaL wrote:Stop it, please, both of you.  

I must say that you, btraven, make yourself look like nothing but a juvenile fight-picker when you start in on people with your high-handed arrogance about what they should or shouldn't say or do.   Quit trying to be the judge of us all on this forum and just concentrate on the politics, OK?  Your points will be taken far more seriously if you do so.  

I wanted to comment on the photo (and that rock on Melania's left hand) but have now lost interest -- not, I realize, that you care.

I'm trying to lift the level of discourse to that of intelligent adults. The adolescent name-calling causes any well-informed, perceptive reader to immediately discount the content. It's juvenile and I'll call it out whenever I see it. It's exactly what Trump does in his tweets.

Can't wait to read your weighty comment on the size of Melania's ring. How profound. Now, before you get your panties in a knot because I dissed your notion of meaningful comment, recall that you just called me high-handed and arrogant.

Perhaps you can explain how remarks about Melania's ring is "concentrating on politics".

17SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 5:13 pm

Telstar

Telstar

18SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 5:32 pm

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:I'm trying to lift the level of discourse to that of intelligent adults. The adolescent name-calling causes any well-informed, perceptive reader to immediately discount the content. It's juvenile and I'll call it out whenever I see it. It's exactly what Trump does in his tweets.

Can't wait to read your weighty comment on the size of Melania's ring. How profound. Now, before you get your panties in a knot because I dissed your notion of meaningful comment, recall that you just called me high-handed and arrogant.

Perhaps you can explain how remarks about Melania's ring is "concentrating on politics".

Look, btraven, you're not going to be able to "raise the level of discourse" of everyone else here - each person has his/her own style, and I doubt they feel the need to take your rather pedantic advice, valid or not.   Further, "any perceptive reader" will likely discount your attempts to do so as those of a highly controlling-type individual, making your actual input on issues viewed less kindly.  That's what I'm talking about.  It's human nature, like it or not.

I, for instance, am a grammar and spelling freak (the only things I seem to know much about), and have to sit on my hands dozens of times a day not to correct people, because I've learned it would only be an irritant, detracting from the real point of any discussion, and perhaps even inhibiting some from expressing themselves freely.  In other words, it's counter-productive in an anonymous message board/forum environment.   I think you're smart and experienced enough to realize the same applies to your providing lessons on, say, what to call the president.

Bottom line?  Perfection will never be achieved here, so let's concentrate on what the forum's about -- politics.   Obviously I use that term broadly when I expend words marveling at the rock Melania sports --similarly, I suppose, to your stating, "The background could be used for an illustration of the words gauche or boorish--all that money and no taste or aesthetic sense, what a waste."  I just mean let's talk about the topic at hand and try not to pick on the finer points of others' presentations, even if it all sometimes drives us purely batty.  

Truce?  You and I are contemporaries and I think can speak honestly.

19SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 5:52 pm

Sal

Sal

btraven wrote:

Grow up.

You're maligning another poster's maturity level in a post directly following one in which you wonder about a ten-year-old boy's "fly".

Self-awareness much?

20SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 6:11 pm

RealLindaL wrote:
Look, btraven, you're not going to be able to "raise the level of discourse" of everyone else here - each person has his/her own style, and I doubt they feel the need to take your rather pedantic advice, valid or not.   Further, "any perceptive reader" will likely discount your attempts to do so as those of a highly controlling-type individual, making your actual input on issues viewed less kindly.  That's what I'm talking about.  It's human nature, like it or not.

I, for instance, am a grammar and spelling freak (the only things I seem to know much about), and have to sit on my hands dozens of times a day not to correct people, because I've learned it would only be an irritant, detracting from the real point of any discussion, and perhaps even inhibiting some from expressing themselves freely.  In other words, it's counter-productive in an anonymous message board/forum environment.   I think you're smart and experienced enough to realize the same applies to your providing lessons on, say, what to call the president.

Bottom line?  Perfection will never be achieved here, so let's concentrate on what the forum's about -- politics.   Obviously I use that term broadly when I expend words marveling at the rock Melania sports --similarly, I suppose, to your stating, "The background could be used for an illustration of the words gauche or boorish--all that money and no taste or aesthetic sense, what a waste."  I just mean let's talk about the topic at hand and try not to pick on the finer points of others' presentations, even if it all sometimes drives us purely batty.  

Truce?  You and I are contemporaries and I think can speak honestly.

Wait, have I got this right? You're dissing me for dissing another poster. That's rich!

I resent your assumption that we're contemporaries. You know nothing about me other than what I choose to expose in these posts--some or all of which might be disinformation.

"Things are rarely what they seem, skim milk masquerades as cream."

Telstar's adolescent name-calling offends me to exactly the degree that Trump's tweets do. Are you suggesting that one is perfectly fine and the other is not? That one should be called out and the other not? Puh-leeze.

21SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 6:19 pm

RealLindaL

Sal wrote:
btraven wrote:

Grow up.

You're maligning another poster's maturity level in a post directly following one in which you wonder about a ten-year-old boy's "fly".

Self-awareness much?

lol!   Leave it to our highly perceptive member Sal to cut right to the chase.

22SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 6:34 pm

RealLindaL

btraven wrote:Wait, have I got this right? You're dissing me for dissing another poster. That's rich!

I resent your assumption that we're contemporaries. You know nothing about me other than what I choose to expose in these posts--some or all of which might be disinformation.

"Things are rarely what they seem, skim milk masquerades as cream."

Telstar's adolescent name-calling offends me to exactly the degree that Trump's tweets do. Are you suggesting that one is perfectly fine and the other is not? That one should be called out and the other not? Puh-leeze.

If you truly can't discern the difference between what I'm calling you out on and what you dissed Telstar about, I feel sorry for you.  By the same token, if the name-calling by an anonymous forum member offends you as much as that done by the president of these United States of America for all the world to see, that, too, honestly does make me wonder how you determine relative values -- but I'm sure I'll just continue to wonder.

My "assumption" that we're contemporaries was based on your own statement early on that you were a product of the Truman years.  I took you literally.  Maybe I shouldn't have?  And/or was it a lie, or "disinformation?"  In any event I consider your resentment misplaced.  

Since debate and argument for debate and argument's sake seems to be what floats your boat, I'm confident you'll compose a comeback hereto.  Please go right ahead --  you're welcome to the last word, because I don't think I wish to expend any further time or energy in what seems a perfectly fruitless discussion.  Carry on.

Last edited by RealLindaL on 2/11/2017, 1:34 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

23SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/10/2017, 11:43 pm

Telstar

Telstar

24SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/11/2017, 3:10 am

Telstar

Telstar

There is a rumor that Rosie O'Donnell might show up since the fake president felt Melissa McCarthy made Sean Spicer look weak. In fact a lot of actresses are eager to portray members of his staff. Here is Rosie Bannon's new twitter picture. Laughing

SNL Rosie_10

25SNL Empty Re: SNL 2/11/2017, 3:24 am

RealLindaL

LOVE IT, Tel! Thanks for posting Rosie's Twitter pic. Yuge and amazing.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum