This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Our New Congressman's First Introduced Bill: A Proposal to Abolish the EPA

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Trump's EPA Facing Fire Amid Efforts to Reign It In

http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2017/02/08/president-trump-epa-facing-fire-amid-efforts-rein-agency/97594228/

Excerpt:

And a bill authored by Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz to abolish the EPA and end its “oppressive jurisdiction” is already drawing co-sponsors in the GOP-controlled Congress.


Does our new Congressman even understand what he is proposing? I will admit, there is some overreach at EPA that goes too far at times. But abolish the agency? Our young Congressman doesn't know what he is proposing.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

Guest


Guest
I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Largest constitutional question of the day is whether President can declare war on Nordstrom's without congressional approval.

View user profile
polecat wrote:Largest constitutional question of the day is whether President can declare war on Nordstrom's without congressional approval.

Would be hilarious if it weren't so darned pitiful. In a battle over which most people would rather retain - Trump or their local Nordstrom's - any bets on which one would come out on top?

View user profile
btraven wrote:I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Or email (my preferred method):     matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov

(Yes, that's a period between matt and gaetz.)

View user profile
From a friend..
Advice for anyone making calls to Senators, from a person who used to work on Capitol Hill as the person in charge of all the incoming phone calls to my Senator's office. I have some insider tips to make calling your reps easier and quicker.
1. Give your name, city, and zip code, and say "I don't need a response." That way, they can quickly confirm you are a constituent, and that they can tally you down without taking the time to input you into a response database.
2. PLEASE ONLY CALL YOUR OWN REPRESENTATIVES! Your tally will not be marked down unless you can rattle off a city and zip from the state, or are calling from an in-state area code. I know you really want to give Mitch McConnell a piece of your mind, but your call will be ignored unless you can provide a zip from Kentucky. And don't try to make this up; I could often tell who was lying before I even picked up the phone from the caller ID. Exceptions to this are things like Paul Ryan's ACA poll.
3. State the issue, state your position. "I am opposed to a ban on Muslims entering the US." "I am in favor of stricter gun control legislation including background checks." "I am in favor of the Affordable Care Act." That's it. That's all we write down so we can get a tally of who is in favor, who is against. It doesn't matter WHY you hold that opinion. The more people calling, the less detail they write down. Help them out by being simple and direct.
4. Please be nice! The people answering the phones on Capitol Hill already had the hardest job in DC and some of the lowest pay as well, and for a month now their jobs have become absolute murder, with nonstop calls for 9 hours every day. Thank them for their hard work answering the phones, because without them our Senators could not represent us.
What does this sound like?
"Hi, my name is Mark, I'm a constituent from (City, State), zip code *****. I don't need a response. I am opposed to any ban on Muslims entering the United States and I encourage the Senator to please oppose implementation of any such ban (you can substitute whatever issue you like). Thanks for your hard work answering the phones."
This is how I wish every caller had phrased their message. It makes it easier for the people answering the phones and takes less time and emotion than a long script. I know that you want to say why, but keeping it short and sweet helps the office answer more calls per hour, meaning more people get heard. The bigger the tally, the more powerful our voice.
Also, when you're reading off the same script as 100 other callers that day... well...they can tell.
Pick one issue each day, use this format (I am in favor of _____ or I oppose ______), and call your 2 Senators and 1 Representative on their DC and State Office lines, and you'll be on your way to being heard."

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Or email (my preferred method):      matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov

(Yes, that's a period between matt and gaetz.)

Linda isn't that email for when gaetz was a Florida rep? I just went to myfloridahouse.gov and it is only the state of Florida.

View user profile
Here's his schedule of upcoming local events. Call him on his radio show, or better yet, show up to one of these events and let him know your views. Get out there and be heard.

Matt Gaetz Open Gates Day Thur, 02/23/2017 4:30 PM EST
Milton County Commissioners Bldg
6495 Caroline St Milton FL 32570

Matt Gaetz Republican District Event Thur, 02/23/2017 7:00 PM EST
Oops Bowling Alley
3721 US90 Pace FL 32571

Matt Gaetz FL1 Coffee/Lunch/Dinner Thur, 02/23/2017 12:00 PM EST
Grover T's Restaurant
5887 US90 Pace FL 32583

Matt Gaetz FL1 Radio Town Hall Thur, 02/23/2017 8:00 AM EST
1330AM WEBY Radio

View user profile
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Or email (my preferred method):      matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov

(Yes, that's a period between matt and gaetz.)

Linda isn't that email for when gaetz was a Florida rep? I just went to myfloridahouse.gov and it is only the state of Florida.

https://gaetz.house.gov/contact

Follow the steps. You will need to register as a constituent. I did and left him a message about this move. Just check that you do not want to subscribe to his newsletter.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Or email (my preferred method):      matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov

(Yes, that's a period between matt and gaetz.)

Linda isn't that email for when gaetz was a Florida rep? I just went to myfloridahouse.gov and it is only the state of Florida.

https://gaetz.house.gov/contact

Follow the steps. You will need to register as a constituent. I did and left him a message about this move. Just check that you do not want to subscribe to his newsletter.

Thanks, Zman and sorry, ppaca - you're right.  My only excuse is having been under the weather (read: WIPED) from this terrible heavy cold virus going around; obviously my head wasn't properly connected at the time.  Again, I apologize -- and hope no one tried to use that addy.

View user profile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:
ppaca wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
btraven wrote:I'm sure he'd like to hear from his constituents.

4300 Bayou Blvd., Suite 13
(850) 479-1183
Pensacola, FL 32503

"You are welcome to call us by phone at (850) 479-1183"

Or email (my preferred method):      matt.gaetz@myfloridahouse.gov

(Yes, that's a period between matt and gaetz.)

Linda isn't that email for when gaetz was a Florida rep? I just went to myfloridahouse.gov and it is only the state of Florida.

https://gaetz.house.gov/contact

Follow the steps. You will need to register as a constituent. I did and left him a message about this move. Just check that you do not want to subscribe to his newsletter.

The WEBY studio is near my house in East Milton. It is on Printer's Alley in the area of East Milton Elementary, Ward Basin Road and Hwy 90. It is down a one lane road through a wooded area where I walk from time to time. There is a clearing out front of the studio for parking or gathering? It would be easy to get boxed in with only one exit but walking in would be best and most flexible way of making your presence known.

Just an idea about the newsletter; it would show you what he is most proud of and what you may want to protest or tell him about. Thanks for the itinerary!

View user profile
My husband and I each just sent an email via the Gaetz site (thanks again, Z-man) opposing HR 861 to abolish the EPA. We followed Tel's friend's advice in not asking for a reply, and hubby's email was a short and sweet expression of opposition to the bill, but I admit to getting a little carried away and writing a paragraph. At least they'll know it was from the heart and not a robo-mail, whether or not it ever really is seen by Gaetz.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:My husband and I each just sent an email via the Gaetz site (thanks again, Z-man) opposing HR 861 to abolish the EPA.   We followed Tel's friend's advice in not asking for a reply, and hubby's email was a short and sweet expression of opposition to the bill, but I admit to getting a little carried away and writing a paragraph.  At least they'll know it was from the heart and not a robo-mail, whether or not it ever really is seen by Gaetz.



Great Linda. Hope your feeling better.

View user profile
Thanks, Tel. A lot better today, definitely on the mend. Y'all be careful out there -- some nasty stuff going around. (And that includes you, Tel; my son and D.I.L. in NYC just got over a truly tough strain of flu that apparently wasn't covered by this year's vaccine. But then you've probably heard all about this going on up there. )

Sorry, O.T. The end. Smile

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum