This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Clean your teeth this new year! Cleanings at the dental hygiene clinic at Pensacola state college.

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Hello and Happy New Year!

I am a student at Pensacola State College and I just wanted to get the word out that their is a cheap alternative for dental services in Pensacola. At the clinic we do not provide fillings, removal of teeth, or orthodontics.
Basically we do a Prophylaxis(cleaning of the teeth), Deep scaling(periodontal debridement), Fluoride treatments, radiographs, oral cancer screening, and intra/extra oral examinations.

Services are FREE for those with Medicaid cards, Food Stamp cards, or VA cards, as well as PSC full-time students and faculty.

For anyone not listed above the cost of the appointment will be between $20-35. There is a flat $20 fee for adults and $15 fee for children which includes a basic cleaning. We will explore, probe, intra/extra oral examination, medical history, plaque index, oral cancer screening, polishing, and more. The added cost comes from how much calculus(plaque) you have and removing it.

We take patients ages 4 and up so you are welcome to make you kids appointments to! Please ask any questions you have and PM me if you would like to set up an appointment.

Thank you a lowly student.

Last edited by mkay on 1/3/2017, 9:54 am; edited 1 time in total

View user profile

What a great service to the community. People don't realize but rotten teeth and even heavy plaque has systemic effects on the entire body. The cleanings and care of the teeth and mouth are very important.

Thank you student.

PS: please learn the proper use of their/there/they're... it'll be important in making impressions.

Thank you and please ignore the dipshit Pkr. He's not breathing if he's not being snarky.

View user profile
Actually I didn't think Pkr was being snarky at all in this instance, though I did get a chuckle out of his correcting someone else's word usage. Smile

View user profile

Feel free to correct my spelling whenever you like. I just accidentally used the wrong "sight"... it's not a word I have trouble with and don't think I've ever done it before... it was just a mistake. Does that mean I'm penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol... what a screwball bunch y'all are.

it was just a mistake.

The last five years I have a mental block ontTheir and there. I have to edit almost every post because I just go too fast typing, and when I read my post I cringe. The other one is to fast.....too fast. I am constantly editing. I rarely correct other people, unless I believe it is done constructively where they truly are misusing a word and I can shine some light on something they may not recognize. I mean Mr. Markle makes all kinds of mistakes the last year and I rarely even bother to correct because my motivation would not be constructive and would probably be mean spirited. I save that stuff for lies and distortion, not honest mistakes in typing.

View user profile
Thanks for the info.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:Feel free to correct my spelling whenever you like. I just accidentally used the wrong "sight"... it's not a word I have trouble with and don't think I've ever done it before... it was just a mistake. Does that mean I'm penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol... what a screwball bunch y'all are.

I believe you've done it before recently and someone else called you on it. But regardless, I wouldn't normally bother with it and am not sure why I did this time, other than that it just looked so wrong...lol. But since you felt free to criticize this student about there vs. their vs. they're (does that mean the student is penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol...what a screwball you are), I guess I'm not going to feel bad about having corrected your spelling or word usage once, even though there are plenty of other times when I could have.

At least I defended you against the accusation of snarkiness, but I guess I don't get any credit for that and am still a screwball. That'll teach me. No good deed, etc.

View user profile
RealLindaL wrote:Actually I didn't think Pkr was being snarky at all in this instance, though I did get a chuckle out of his correcting someone else's word usage.   Smile

Snarky was not the correct word. Inappropriate or insensitive would be better to someone who is not a regular poster here. No need to embarrass the girl. She probably knows the difference but like many people including myself it is more of an inattention matter than lack of knowledge. I do it frequently w/ your and you're.

View user profile
mkay wrote:Hello and Happy New Year!

I am a student at Pensacola State College and I just wanted to get the word out that their is a cheap alternative for dental services in Pensacola. At the clinic we do not provide fillings, removal of teeth, or orthodontics.
Basically we do a Prophylaxis(cleaning of the teeth), Deep scaling(periodontal debridement), Fluoride treatments, radiographs, oral cancer screening, and intra/extra oral examinations.

Services are FREE for those with Medicaid cards, Food Stamp cards, or VA cards, as well as PSC full-time students and faculty.

For anyone not listed above the cost of the appointment will be between $20-35. There is a flat $20 fee for adults and $15 fee for children which includes a basic cleaning. We will explore, probe, intra/extra oral examination, medical history, plaque index, oral cancer screening, polishing, and more. The added cost comes from how much calculus(plaque) you have and removing it.

We take patients ages 4 and up so you are welcome to make you kids appointments to! Please ask any questions you have and PM me if you would like to set up an appointment.

Thank you a lowly student.

************ sad smile ************

View user profile

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Feel free to correct my spelling whenever you like. I just accidentally used the wrong "sight"... it's not a word I have trouble with and don't think I've ever done it before... it was just a mistake. Does that mean I'm penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol... what a screwball bunch y'all are.

I believe you've done it before recently and someone else called you on it.  But regardless, I wouldn't normally bother with it and am not sure why I did this time, other than that it just looked so wrong...lol.    But since you felt free to criticize this student about there vs. their vs. they're (does that mean the student is penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol...what a screwball you are), I guess I'm not going to feel bad about having corrected your spelling or word  usage once, even though there are plenty of other times when I could have.

At least I defended you against the accusation of snarkiness, but I guess I don't get any credit for that and am still a screwball.  That'll teach me.   No good deed, etc.

It was friendly advice to a student. A young person I presume that is going to be in need of making good impressions in applications, resumes,  and interviews. Is there any part of that with which you disagree?

But I'm being snarky... lol.

PkrBum wrote:
It was friendly advice to a student. A young person I presume that is going to be in need of making good impressions in applications, resumes,  and interviews. Is there any part of that with which you disagree?

The student didn't ask for your advice on spelling/word usage, any more than you asked for mine.

View user profile

RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

The student didn't ask for your advice on spelling/word usage, any more than you asked for mine.  

I like to see young people improving themselves. I meant no harm... I meant to help. It's sound advice.

I hope her great success..!!

PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

I like to see young people improving themselves. I meant no harm... I meant to help. It's sound advice.

It is strickly partisan....isn't that sad. If you were a democrat...nothing would have been said.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:
PkrBum wrote:

It is strickly partisan....isn't that sad. If you were a democrat...nothing would have been said.

Strictly partisan?? OH B.S.!!!!!!!! You are SOOO full of it, ma'am, and isn't that sad?  Spelling/word usage is important to me, being about the only thing I know how to do reasonably well, and being part of the English language I love.  I sit on my hands daily to refrain from correcting others except on rare occasion.  But I simply found it amusing that someone (of ANY political persuasion!  Politics has NOTHING WHATSOEVER to do with this!!) who makes relatively frequent errors himself would be correcting someone else -- student or otherwise -- especially when he's very obviously irritated by being corrected  himself, whether or not he admits it.  Get it???

As an aside, I also found it amusing that so many of you presumed the student is a girl.   Dental hygienists can also be male, in case no one knew that.  Smile

View user profile

How was I irritated? You couldn't be further off base.

PkrBum wrote:How was I irritated? You couldn't be further off base.

"Feel free to correct my spelling whenever you like. I just accidentally used the wrong "sight"... it's not a word I have trouble with and don't think I've ever done it before... it was just a mistake. Does that mean I'm penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol... what a screwball bunch y'all are."

Sure sounds very defensive (with a little sarcasm thrown in), and thus irritated, to me.

View user profile

RealLindaL wrote:

"Feel free to correct my spelling whenever you like. I just accidentally used the wrong "sight"... it's not a word I have trouble with and don't think I've ever done it before... it was just a mistake. Does that mean I'm penalized or stigmatized somehow? Lol... what a screwball bunch y'all are."

Sure sounds very defensive (with a little sarcasm thrown in), and thus irritated, to me.

Ur mistaken. I don't mind being corrected. I sincerely meant feel free. I probably won't respond... but I'll notice... just like in the "sight" thread.

I always welcome corrections, and only want to improve and learn. Nobody should be afraid to correct another on the forum, and thin skin when it comes to constructive correction is really silly. The biggest problem I have is I get sloppy in the real world when typing a business letter. Over 12 years of quickly in real time responding to posts has made me careless in my business letters. I will not be writing them too much longer, but sloppy habits spread so I appreciate it when Linda corrects my posts because it grinds on me a bit to communicate with somebody who is not worried about spelling or grammar. I am certainly sloppy and getting more so.

View user profile
PkrBum wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Ur mistaken. I don't mind being corrected. I sincerely meant feel free. I probably won't respond... but I'll notice... just like in the "sight" thread.

OK, Pkr, whatever you say. I didn't expect you to admit being even slightly irritated. In any event I definitely won't "feel free" to correct you again (nor do I really want to, truth be told).

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I always welcome corrections, and only want to improve and learn.  Nobody should be afraid to correct another on the forum, and thin skin when it comes to constructive correction is really silly.  The biggest problem I have is I get sloppy in the real world when typing a business letter.   Over 12 years of quickly in real time responding to posts has made me careless in my business letters.  I will not be writing them too much longer, but sloppy habits spread so I appreciate it when Linda corrects my posts because it grinds on me a bit to communicate with somebody who is not worried about spelling or grammar.   I am certainly sloppy and getting more so.

Seaoat, I almost never correct you any more, if I ever did -- and I'm sure that wasn't very often.

Composing and typing business letters (both for myself and others who might need or want assistance) is one of my very few fortes, so if you ever want some help in that regard, just let me know.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum