Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

NBA Basketball

+5
Sal
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
Telstar
boards of FL
9 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Go down  Message [Page 9 of 20]

201NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/17/2017, 9:25 pm

PkrBum

PkrBum

James is going to blow the lead if he keeps shooting.

202NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/17/2017, 10:06 pm

2seaoat

The cavs just got very lucky. They cannot play defense in the fourth quarter. The Pacers just are mentally out in left field. They could easily beat this team, but they will not win the series. James plays solid defense against bigs and power forwards.....he cannot defend against slashers who seem to get that first step every time. After watching Wade miss that dunk, I can see James is not that far behind. I am sad that Atlanta and Washington were not in the other bracket. Either one of those teams would beat the Cavs. The Bulls will not get to see the cavs, but oh.......I dream that series was possible.

203NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/17/2017, 10:07 pm

2seaoat

I like the way the spurs are playing.

204NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/18/2017, 6:19 pm

2seaoat

I will watch the Bulls, but I am still sad about IT loss of his sister. In any case, I am not sure the Bulls can get by Washington or Atlanta because the match ups this year seemed to favor Atlanta for some reason. I am more interested in the Clippers Utah game where two non east bottom feeders are playing.

205NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/18/2017, 9:16 pm

2seaoat

Rondo has done a great job. He is playing like he is 22.

206NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/18/2017, 9:58 pm

2seaoat

Boston is going to get one of the top five draft picks this year. They need to get a big who can play defense and rebound. IT is trying to do it all. I think they have a second round pick to boot. If they can trade or pick up blake from the clippers......damn they are going to be good. Rondo, Wade, Lopez, and Butler are using their experience and are patient. It is a fun game to watch.

207NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/18/2017, 10:34 pm

2seaoat

Rondo has taken the leadership of this team. Wade was clutch. Butler is among the elite in the league, and Lopez is on fire. Niko, and the bench are showing the best play all year. I am a little bit shocked. Rondo has been working with the young guys all year, and staying after practice and games to work with them, and I am getting a very good feel about what I saw tonight, but .....still too early.

208NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/18/2017, 10:38 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Missed it again.....baseball games last night and tonight.

209NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/19/2017, 11:40 pm

2seaoat

Even without Durant, Curry is just exceptional. Well coached team and ten deep instilled with good team concepts on both sides of the ball. It is fun to watch this level of basketball.

I was a Russell for MVP. Stats do matter, but after him failing to dish to Doug who was hot from the three point, I realized why Durant and Hardin jumped ship. I do not think he can play team ball. Taj Gibson has been wide open and does not get the ball. I think the MVP is playing for the Spurs.

210NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 10:02 am

2seaoat

I am feeling pretty good on my call last night. Sports radio is saying the same thing. How can somebody be the most valuable player on a team when all they do is run up stats and not win.....to some extent that has been a common problem where the team player who wins championships is overlooked for stats. Leonard is the MVP in my mind and I still think Russel is remarkable, but stats could be achieved by any all star if a franchise allowed the offense to run through a player. Hardin is a toss up for me with Russel, and Leonard just jumps out as the complete team player.

211NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 10:46 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Russell's team play is spelled with an I.....

212NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 1:14 pm

2seaoat

I heard them discussing that the playoff performances should not be counted, and the rules demand that the regular season determines the most valuable player. OK should not have made the playoffs, but for Russell. So I guess he has a legitimate claim to the MVP with his remarkable statistical accomplishments during the regular season.

213NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 1:56 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I heard them discussing that the playoff performances should not be counted, and the rules demand that the regular season determines the most valuable player.  OK should not have made the playoffs, but for Russell.   So I guess he has a legitimate claim to the MVP with his remarkable statistical accomplishments during the regular season.  

MVP....his personal stats vs team stats ....Championship

214NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 7:42 pm

2seaoat

The Pacers should not even be in the playoffs. The Heat should be playing. They have been terrible this year, but they look so much better than the Cavs tonight. The Cavs cannot play defense. They are a gunning group of individuals. The Pacers three years ago were one of the best defenses in the league. No longer, but they are eating up the Cavs. A ten point lead in the first quarter does not show how dominate the Pacers were over the Cavs.

215NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 8:22 pm

2seaoat

James and the Cavs cannot play defense. The Pacers just set a franchise record of points scored in a half. The Pacers who are the dregs of the East have a 25 point lead over a team which should NOT get out of the first round. It is like watching Wade trying to jam that ball the other night. It is obvious James cannot defend. It is obvious that toward the end of the season we were looking at the second worse defense in the NBA. The idea of goat, or finals participants requires the person saying the same to take a drug test. Other than Thompson, they have defensive liabilities in their starting five, and it gets no better when you bring Kover and some of the other Cav bench players. This is a humiliation.

James getting mad at other people when George made him look like a fool on an inbound play. The best part was Barkley going why is he blaming other people when it was his man......just what I have been saying for three years.

216NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 9:48 pm

2seaoat

The refs handed the Cavs the game in the 3rd quarter. James should have fouled out in the third quarter. I guess letting the Pacers shellac the Cavs would be bad for ratings down the road. I am not one to cry about the refs, but when James pushes his defender to the floor and then shoots and no offensive foul is called.....it is beyond the Jordan rules. It is a bastardization of the NBA game. When James hammers George, and they call the foul on another player.....pleasseeeeeeee.

217NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/20/2017, 11:52 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Softball tournament.....missed another one.

218NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 9:34 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

LeBron James:  41 points on 52% shooting from the field and 50% shooting from 3PT (on 12 attempts).  13 rebounds, 12 assists, and 2 blocks.  The rest of the team combined to shoot 42% from the field.  And the Cavs win to lead the series 3-0.

NBA Basketball - Page 9 Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head

219NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 9:43 am

2seaoat

He should have fouled out in the third quarter. I guess the coach for the grizzlies got fined 30k, but the fans all over the NBA know that you can score if the refs allow you to knock over your opponent. Too funny when James blatantly fouls George, and rather than foul him out, they call the foul on Korver. The look on Korver's face was priceless. George is friends with James, and he will not take a fine to say the obvious, but the NBA wants the Cavs to advance even though they are a terrible team. If you watched the first half, James was terrible. He cannot play defense when the ballhandler is a slasher going to the basket, and he cannot make a free throw, but the third quarter once he could knock down his opponent, he did have a good second half. No other player in the NBA could get away with his offensive fouls.

220NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 11:12 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:He should have fouled out in the third quarter.  I guess the coach for the grizzlies got fined 30k, but the fans all over the NBA know that you can score if the refs allow you to knock over your opponent.  Too funny when James blatantly fouls George, and rather than foul him out, they call the foul on Korver.  The look on Korver's face was priceless.  George is friends with James, and he will not take a fine to say the obvious, but the NBA wants the Cavs to advance even though they are a terrible team.  If you watched the first half, James was terrible.  He cannot play defense when the ballhandler is a slasher going to the basket, and he cannot make a free throw, but the third quarter once he could knock down his opponent, he did have a good second half.  No other player in the NBA could get away with his offensive  fouls.

You are right.

221NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 11:26 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

2seaoat wrote:If you watched the first half, James was terrible.

41 points / 13 rebounds / 12 assists. 52% from the field on 27 attempts and 50% from 3PT on 12 attempts.

Historic.

NBA Basketball - Page 9 Joe-Biden-Laughing-Shaking-his-Head

222NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 11:31 am

boards of FL

boards of FL

Any idea how many times other than last night a player put up 41/13/12 with 50% shooting from 3PT in the playoffs?

223NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 11:56 am

PkrBum

PkrBum

He's very good... but not the goat.

15 yrs 7 finals 3 titles.

If he managed to win another... I would begrudgingly put him in the goat starting lineup.

224NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 12:09 pm

2seaoat

He was terrible the first half. Terrible. He fouled out in the third, and got to continue to play. The game loses legitimacy when everybody knows he fouled a person, and a person who was just in the vicinity gets called for the foul. Sorry, as they were saying on ESPN........did anybody see the first half against a team which should not have been in the weak east playoffs. Nobody can deny the excellent three shooting, but most of those shots never should have been allowed, but for his special treatment. This guy is not in the same zip code with some of the young players now playing who will pass him on the list, but the NBA had record numbers and they are not about to harm the money machine.

Rondo out with a fractured thumb. It will take some of the fun out of watching a weak Bulls team, in a weak east playoff, but hopefully they can win the series without him, and hope he will get a week or two to heal and still have his team in the playoffs.

225NBA Basketball - Page 9 Empty Re: NBA Basketball 4/21/2017, 1:11 pm

Sal

Sal

2seaoat wrote:He was terrible the first half.  Terrible.  He fouled out in the third, and got to continue to play.  The game loses legitimacy when everybody knows he fouled a person, and a person who was just in the vicinity gets called for the foul.   Sorry,  as they were saying on ESPN........did anybody see the first half against a team which should not have been in the weak east playoffs.  Nobody can deny the excellent three shooting, but most of those shots never should have been allowed, but for his special treatment.  This guy is not in the same zip code with some of the young players now playing who will pass him on the list, but the NBA had record numbers and they are not about to harm the money machine.  

Rondo out with a fractured thumb.  It will take some of the fun out of watching a weak Bulls team, in a weak east playoff, but hopefully they can win the series without him, and hope he will get a week or two to heal and still have his team in the playoffs.

What a crybaby.

It's the friggin' NBA, man.

Learn to run with the big dogs or go home.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 9 of 20]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14 ... 20  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum