Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Made it to 65 tonight

+6
ZVUGKTUBM
Telstar
Markle
Joanimaroni
RealLindaL
2seaoat
10 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Made it to 65 tonight Empty Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 1:18 am

2seaoat

Went to Nicks boathouse and had a birthday dinner. The place had a table with about 14 old farts who had all brought coupons which Bob used to tell me about. Well, they must be good for Sunday afternoon, because they all had coupons. The specials on Sunday are about half price between 3 and 6 called their early bird special. We had a half dozen Oyster Rockefeller, but because they were so small they gave us 9. The meal was good.

Went over to Home Depot in Pensacola next and filled both cars with lumber as the decks on this house have bad boards which we have to replace and put new stairs in the front and back. Wife then let me go play poker because it was my birthday, and as of lately I just got my hat handed to me......people beating my two pairs with flush or straight on the river. The rain is the last thing we wanted because we had to clear an acre and get a brush hog into some areas which are wet. We will see if it dries out next week to complete the work but building two decks Monday will keep us busy.

2Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 2:04 am

RealLindaL

Happy birthday, sea!! This one was obviously a real achievement, one you should be proud of, given all you've endured to keep going for yourself and your loved ones. Wishing you more happy birthdays to come than you even hope for!

3Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 2:10 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Happy Birthday, Seaoat.

4Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 4:16 am

Markle

Markle

Congratulations 2seaoat! I hope you, your family and friends had a wonderful day!

5Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 4:52 am

Telstar

Telstar

Congratulations seaoat, here is to 65 more. Very Happy

6Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 8:33 am

2seaoat

I think Z has his birthday pretty close to mine.

7Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 8:34 am

Happy birthday, Seaoat. We drove over to Pensacola yesterday and as we went by Nick's said, "We need to go back there. Good food. Why do we forget about this place?"

The rain was terrible on our drive back to Niceville. I mean deluge. It's supposed to dry out and turn cold by Thursday. Hope all goes well for you and you accomplish all you have planned.

8Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 8:56 am

2seaoat

My wife and I will be exhausted before the end of the week. We were negligent not staining the deck boards on the back steps, front steps, and side steps. It is nice that Home Depot and Lowes will cut your wood. I usually get three 2x12x16 and cut them into forty inch sections. That gave me three stairs, and a bonus three step 32 inch stair. We will stain both sides before we put them down, but with this rain it is unbelievable. The house was so damn hot last night and the humidity is bad. We came down to a bone dry jungle which we were going to have this guy from Alabama who charges a thousand bucks an acre to brush hog with this incredible grinder that can take down anything less than eight inch and he mulches right there. He did an acre last year and we then hand trimmed and burned all winter. I raked and planted winter rye, and will be taking sections of the area we have cleared greening it up through june with the seasonal grass which we have two hundred pounds of seed. You just keep moving and I like to break a sweat. If I am lucky enough to get into the PRRT study the radiation on the whole body over a three month period is pretty tough on the kidneys and I am a firm believer that sweating purges the body of toxins and gives your kidneys a break. I hope it does cool off because I need to clear out things under the park model and pour a concrete pad as I only temporarily set it last spring. The snakes like to get up under boards and pipe and cold weather is our best chance not to have problems crawling under and cleaning.

9Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 1:29 pm

RealLindaL

SheWrites wrote:It's supposed to dry out and turn cold by Thursday.  Hope all goes well for you and you accomplish all you have planned.

I hope so, too, though the weather may be a bit iffy in spots.  Weather.com (The Weather Channel) for Gulf Breeze shows a cooling trend starting tomorrow, with highs in the mid-60's (instead of 70's we've been having) and lows in the low 50's, then Thursday's high will be 63 and low way down to 36, coldest of the season so far for GB, and Friday will only be high of 50 and low of 33. They show generally sunny through the period except the possibility of a leftover shower tomorrow morning, and then some showers on Thursday morning for some reason.

But the main thing people need to be aware of right now is we have a real possibility of severe weather in the western Panhandle later today and tonight. Torcon indexes are 40 for this afternoon and 50 for tonight (e.g., a 50% chance of a tornado tonight within a 50 mile radius. Everyone please stay alert.

10Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 1:31 pm

RealLindaL

2seaoat wrote:I am a firm believer that sweating purges the body of toxins and gives your kidneys a break.

Maybe, as long as you keep drinking water. Dehydration is the bane of elderly existence.

11Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 2:10 pm

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

2seaoat wrote:I think Z has his birthday pretty close to mine.

Happy birthday, Seaoat!

Made it to 65 tonight Zballo10

I am right behind you. I become an official geezer (age 65) on December 23rd!

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

12Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 6:06 pm

Markle

Markle

RealLindaL wrote:
2seaoat wrote:I am a firm believer that sweating purges the body of toxins and gives your kidneys a break.

Maybe, as long as you keep drinking water.  Dehydration is the bane of elderly existence.

Must be the reason my long time GP tells me to drink plenty of water every time I see him.

13Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 6:35 pm

RealLindaL

Markle wrote:
RealLindaL wrote:

Maybe, as long as you keep drinking water.  Dehydration is the bane of elderly existence.

Must be the reason my long time GP tells me to drink plenty of water every time I see him.

Good for him. It's really important.

14Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/5/2016, 6:40 pm

dumpcare

Happy Birthday Seaoat may you have many more.

15Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/6/2016, 12:22 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Made it to 65 tonight 0df26e91735b0862117554a3ad7d4607

16Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/6/2016, 4:03 pm

RealLindaL

Love love love that birthday sandcastle, FT!! Gonna try to copy it to send to others from time to time.

17Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/6/2016, 7:44 pm

knothead

knothead

Sincere Happy Birthday wishes Mr. Oats!!!

18Made it to 65 tonight Empty Re: Made it to 65 tonight 12/8/2016, 2:27 pm

polecat

polecat

Happy Birthday 2sea

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum