This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Future Airliners May Not Have Windows

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Future Airliners May Not Have Windows on 11/18/2016, 12:16 pm

http://aviationweek.com/mro/whats-window?NL=AW-05&Issue=AW-05_20161118_AW-05_690&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_3&utm_rid=CPEN1000000902887&utm_campaign=7674&utm_medium=email&elq2=564a074617434e56b02d396ca685f9f7#slide-0-field_images-1542221

Apparently, putting windows in an airliner is expensive and requires a certain type of engineering. In the future, a real-time video projection on a screen may supplant the window in airliner designs.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
I like an aisle seat and the folks around me close their windows and sleep. I'm for no windows.

View user profile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:http://aviationweek.com/mro/whats-window?NL=AW-05&Issue=AW-05_20161118_AW-05_690&sfvc4enews=42&cl=article_3&utm_rid=CPEN1000000902887&utm_campaign=7674&utm_medium=email&elq2=564a074617434e56b02d396ca685f9f7#slide-0-field_images-1542221

Apparently, putting windows in an airliner is expensive and requires a certain type of engineering. In the future, a real-time video projection on a screen may supplant the window in airliner designs.

The future may not have airlines. Somebody will invent Stephen King's Jaunt and everyone will just be teleported from place to place.

View user profile
Oh.... I would hate that! One of my favorite things in life is watching the clouds while listening to Pink Floyd's "Echoes". It is my own tradition!

It always makes me think happily of my parents, now gone.

View user profile
stormwatch89 wrote:Oh.... I would hate that!  One of my favorite things in life is watching the clouds while listening to Pink Floyd's "Echoes".  It is my own tradition!

You and me both....love the window seat and I love the buisness class.

View user profile
Window seat way too cramped.

At 6' 3", the aisle at least gives one leg some space.

Future airliners may not have windows but what they will have are jet engines.

View user profile
Markle wrote:Window seat way too cramped.  

At 6' 3", the aisle at least gives one leg some space.

Future airliners may not have windows but what they will have are jet engines.

That is why I take the window seat....my travel companion is 6'4".

View user profile
Markle wrote:Future airliners may not have windows but what they will have are jet engines.

As opposed to...? Probably missing something here, sorry. It's late. Goodnight all!

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:Oh.... I would hate that!  One of my favorite things in life is watching the clouds while listening to Pink Floyd's "Echoes".  It is my own tradition!

You and me both....love the window seat and I love the buisness class.

A must for overseas flights.... a must!

There's just something surreal about watching the clouds and thinking of heaven......... It makes me think beyond the 24" sphere of my world which is a good thing!

View user profile
Me too Storm...I love being just above the clouds.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum