This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

A couple of weeks without Bob posting and this place simply is not the same

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Each member we lose diminishes the quality of the forum, but with Bob we have lost a great deal of our humor. He would make me consistently smile, and I always came here to learn from other people, but Bob taught me things, but it was his ability to make us smile which is so missed. I hurt for weeks after Neko, and T, and had no logical way to describe this loss of people I never met. I feel like I got to know Bob like few people in my life. I hope my sadness can pass and I can appreciate all his stories and life he shared with us.....but right now I am kind of piszed at myself because I would have told him to go to Houston and not fool around with his cancer with the minor leagues.....he needed to go to the best, and I am not trying to put down local regional medical centers, but after I made that choice, I found out the hard way they do not have the volume of nasty cancer to develop the same expertise. I also am piszed on the care he got after the initial botched attempt to clear his margins. Maybe they told him the tumor was inoperable, but they would try...........but my pulmonary doc who actually found my tumor, and only over a thirty year career operated on two endocrine cancer patients. My pulmonary doc at Northwestern does 150 a year. I sure could not convince Bob of many things,, but the one thing I needed to convince him was to go to Houston......

View user profile

You can stop beating yourself up now, Seaoat. I remember when Bob and Teo were going to see Sean Curle at the Gutter Lounge. I wanted to go with them, but just didn't get the chance. A few days later, a friend of mine named Charlie stopped by my house...and brought Sean Curle with him. Now they're all gone. I've been to so many funerals in the past few years...many of them because of cancer. And I keep thinking about the BP oil spill and the chemicals (Corexit) that they sprayed on our coastlines each and every night afterwards...through I think September. Were you here in 2010?

View user profile
When Katrina hit Biloxi, I had just had my diseased Gall Bladder taken out and they did NO pathology on the gall bladder but just commented it was badly diseased......utter negligence on their part and mine. I used to play along railroad tracks as a child, and got sprayed with agent orange many times as a kid......it could have been anything as they do not know the cause of endocrine cancer. I just feel that Bob would be with us if he had made it to houston and had his surgery at houston.......and his recovery in Houston.......but providence will set its own clock for each of us.

View user profile
I personally despise the medical field even though most of my family is/were Dr's.

My Mom died after having 250 x-rays on a broken hip..from ovarian cancer.  No cancer history in our family. Of course the diagnostics were not to blame.

My Daddy died after my taking him to Shand's, not due to his broken neck but due to their filthy conditions.  Ironic that a broken neck could be "taken care of" but their filth was not,

We all miss Bob, but would argue that seeking medical help should be taken with caution.

Just my experience.

SO, you've played on you're demise for as long as I can remember, yet, it was Bob who died,

RIP Bob, and others who seek medical "advice".

Odd that you bring up Neko, I miss her too! Loved her.

Where is Teo? I've been thinking of him, as well. Another great guy.

View user profile
stormwatch89 wrote:Where is Teo?  I've been thinking of him, as well.  Another great guy.

Teo died as well. Seaoat often speaks of him and misses him a lot.

View user profile
Shit. Thanks for the info. Dammit. dammit, dammit.

View user profile
stormwatch89 wrote:Shit.  Thanks for the info.  Dammit. dammit, dammit.

One thing about Teto and Bob....they made their point without being nasty, hateful, and  sarcastic.

View user profile

Joanimaroni wrote:

One thing about Teto and Bob....they made their point without being nasty, hateful, and  sarcastic.

Welllll... there might've been a little sarcasm now and again... lol.

I'm very sorry to hear about Bob. His posts were always entertaining yet would still get his point across.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:

You're kidding right?

View user profile
knothead wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

You're kidding right?

No... they were not nasty and hateful. The sarcasm was not vengeance.

View user profile
I guess no one figured out Bob (half the time or more) was yanking everyone's chain. Times when I was there we discussed what he was going to put on the forum that day to piss any particular person off and then we'd laugh. We did that with seaoat quite a few times, then there is one other that we messed with but I won't mention who.

View user profile

Teo was that way too. When we got together it was really funny discussing the other members.

The news about Teo (Larry) hit me hard. We had often talked privately about meeting up but didn't for obscure reasons.

Sometimes we need to grab life while we can.

For Joani: dammit

View user profile
stormwatch89 wrote:The news about Teo (Larry) hit me hard.  We had often talked privately about meeting up but didn't for obscure reasons.

For Joani:  dammit

cheers

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
stormwatch89 wrote:The news about Teo (Larry) hit me hard.  We had often talked privately about meeting up but didn't for obscure reasons.

For Joani:  dammit

cheers

Still sad. Life is not for the timid.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum