This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida. Feel free to discuss anything you like. Everything is in-bounds here.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 5]

I was supposed to show up this morning at 8AM and forgot? What happens now?

View user profile
Bob wrote:I was supposed to show up this morning at 8AM and forgot? What happens now?
Contempt of court.

View user profile
ghandi wrote:
Bob wrote:I was supposed to show up this morning at 8AM and forgot? What happens now?
Contempt of court.
Do I go to jail or pay a fine or what?

View user profile
The words "contempt of court" scared me so I just called down there. They said no problem they'll just make sure they send me another notice for jury duty again. But they added "just make sure you don't forget that one too" implying that the next time I forget they won't let me off that easy.

View user profile

Hint.........Turn the form over and print that you have some type of condition that precludes you from attending. Simple stuff will work, sore back, Pimple on ass, it is ok to be creative. I have never had them question it. BTW I am now age exempt.

Trust me folks You dont want me on a Jury..........I

Just wear a shirt from a local motorcycle club when you go down there...

hallmarkgrad wrote:
Trust me folks You dont want me on a Jury
The defense doesn't want me on a jury either. I believe they're all guilty.

View user profile

Bob wrote:
ghandi wrote:
Contempt of court.
Do I go to jail or pay a fine or what?

In all likelihood Bob, not a damn thing. My wife forgot to show up about 2 years ago and she never heard anything from ole Ernie Lee's Office.

They will give you a teeshirt that says, "I am a contemptible bastard," you will have to wear it throughout the trial.

View user profile http://warpedinblue,blogspot.com/
Maybe you can be a jurer on your own contempt of court trial.

View user profile
Yella wrote:

They will give you a teeshirt that says, "I am a contemptible bastard," you will have to wear it throughout the trial.
Now we're talkin. I was looking forward to free lunches cause when I was a juror about 20 years ago they bought us lunch at Seville Quarter. If they're also giving out free t-shirts that's even better.
If they give out enough freebies I may go soft and not make the dude be guilty.

View user profile
I don't understand why so many people try to dodge jury duty. I've never served on a jury but have been called numerous times. I've never found it unpleasant, I brought a good book to read while waiting and have always forgotten to cash their checks.

Were I on trial, I'd hate for many of you to be on the jury knowing how much you would hate being on the jury.

So many folks who want to escape a citizen duty to our country but want people who can't even identify who they are, to be able to vote.

View user profile
Skipping jury duty can get you in trouble, of sorts. Every few years, they decide to make an example of those who ignore jury summons. They will round up a bunch of folks who skipped jury duty and haul them before a judge to get their ears ripped off, usually individually--the judge then makes them pay a small fine.

You should probably call the Clerk's office and confess to them about your no-show, and make sure no warrant or note has been placed in your file.

View user profile http://www.best-papershredder-reviews.com
Bob,
I don't want to scare you but I had a friend who missed jury duty and went to the courthouse to appologize. That was over a year ago and I haven't seen him since. I feed his dog every day and water his lawn. I hope he returns soon.

I'm really gonna miss you Bob. Can I have your parking spot while you're gone?

View user profile

Markle wrote:I don't understand why so many people try to dodge jury duty. I've never served on a jury but have been called numerous times. I've never found it unpleasant, I brought a good book to read while waiting and have always forgotten to cash their checks.

Were I on trial, I'd hate for many of you to be on the jury knowing how much you would hate being on the jury.

So many folks who want to escape a citizen duty to our country but want people who can't even identify who they are, to be able to vote.

Now I did not see anything about Bob saying that he hates jury duty, he said he forgot, big difference.

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 5]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum