This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

World Series

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

76 Re: World Series on 10/29/2016, 8:17 pm

Should be a pitching duel tonight. However, with the Cub young players, you never know when they are going to go crazy and start smacking the ball. Down 2-1 is not good, but they are well coached and capable.

View user profile

77 Re: World Series on 10/29/2016, 10:24 pm

Flipping stations.....FSU is playing.

View user profile

78 Re: World Series on 10/29/2016, 10:38 pm

View user profile

79 Re: World Series on 10/29/2016, 10:39 pm

Indians just busted it open.....7-1. It is going to get quiet in Wrigley.

View user profile

80 Re: World Series on 10/29/2016, 11:17 pm

2seaoath wrote:Indians just busted it open.....7-1.  It is going to get quiet in Wrigley.
Yikes.

View user profile

81 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 5:08 am

World Series teams have battled back from three games to one deficits in the past but only very extraordinary teams. It appears the Indians are about to end the longest current American League championship drought and the Cubs will just have to wait until next year.

View user profile

82 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 8:54 pm

The Cub fans almost look defeated, and they are only down by one run tonight. This Cleveland team has really been underrated with all the attention going to the Cub's youngsters. The Indians have a very good pitching staff.

I am beginning to feel bad about being a Sox fan and having experienced my dream of a series win in 2005. Oh well, I still cannot forget my Cub fan friends rubbing it in in 1969 as the Cubs were dominate that entire summer......then the curse kicked in.......some things sure seem to be powerful psychological blocks.

View user profile

83 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 9:56 pm

2seaoat wrote:The Cub fans almost look defeated, and they are only down by one run tonight.  This Cleveland team has really been underrated with all the attention going to the Cub's youngsters.  The Indians have a very good pitching staff.

I am beginning to feel bad about being a Sox fan and having experienced my dream of a series win in 2005.  Oh well, I still cannot forget my Cub fan friends rubbing it in in 1969 as the Cubs were dominate that entire summer......then the curse kicked in.......some things sure seem to be powerful psychological blocks.
Psychological and superstitions plague baseball players and staff.

View user profile

84 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 10:26 pm

I do not like taking Lester out.......I think this is a mistake.

View user profile

85 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 11:22 pm

I have seen six missed calls behind home plate all in the favor of the Cubs. If I am seeing the same, so are sports writers. I mean this getting pretty obvious they want a sixth game.

View user profile

86 Re: World Series on 10/30/2016, 11:47 pm

2seaoat wrote:I have seen six missed calls behind home plate all in the favor of the Cubs.   If I am seeing the same, so are sports writers.   I mean this getting pretty obvious they want a sixth game.

Bad plate calls on both....definitely more in favor of Cubs. Awaiting Tuesday.

View user profile

87 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 8:14 pm

Cubs have a better American league lineup with the designated hitter, but Cleveland is really much better than I thought. I wish I felt better this summer and could have taken in a Sox game and seen Cleveland in person. Has been a great series between two clubs.

Chris just hit a solo homer......so important with the quality pitching.

View user profile

88 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 9:07 pm

Wow....our Pace player got a grand slam...how awesome for him.

View user profile

89 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 9:08 pm

Russell the kid from Pace just made history.......a grand slam in the world series.....7-1, what a great kid.   I love these kids, but I am a white sox fan so I will be cheering for the Indians in Game 7.

View user profile

90 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 9:11 pm

2seaoat wrote:Russell the kid from Pace just made history.......a grand slam in the world series.....7-1, what a great kid.   I love these kids, but I am a white sox fan so I will be cheering for the Indians in Game 7.



You can call game 7 the game of the goat.

View user profile

91 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 9:14 pm

A game 7 is going to get some serious ratings. This has been a great world series.......best that I have viewed in years. Great pitching and some great young players.

View user profile

92 Re: World Series on 11/1/2016, 9:39 pm

2seaoat wrote:A game 7 is going to get some serious ratings.   This has been a great world series.......best that I have viewed in years.   Great pitching and some great young players.
It really has.....two teams fighting for history. 


SO proud for Russell.

View user profile

93 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 12:24 am

Well Seaoat.....the Cubs have had a tremendous series.....Game 7.

View user profile

94 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 12:44 am

Joanimaroni wrote:
2seaoat wrote:A game 7 is going to get some serious ratings.   This has been a great world series.......best that I have viewed in years.   Great pitching and some great young players.
It really has.....two teams fighting for history. 


SO proud for Russell.

Wow, I whooped and yelled at that grand slam and didn't even put two and two together to realize Russell was the kid from Pace. Woo hoo! That's great to know.

View user profile

95 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 2:16 pm

Jittery Joe may have brought Chapman in much too early considering the lead.

View user profile

96 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 3:15 pm

What do you think about tonight, Sal?

View user profile

97 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 3:20 pm

Joanimaroni wrote:What do you think about tonight, Sal?

If Kluber is as sharp as he's been thus far, the Cubs are gonna have their work cut out for them.

They better hope he has an off night.

View user profile

98 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 4:01 pm

I really want the Cubs to win because of Addison Russell.

View user profile

99 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 4:14 pm

Guest


Guest
Joanimaroni wrote:I really want the Cubs to win because of Addison Russell.

cheers

100 Re: World Series on 11/2/2016, 4:14 pm

I've no dog in this fight, although I've kinda found myself rooting for Cleveland a little bit, because I used to visit Wrigley occasionally, and I've never met such baseball ignorant fans.

It's been a good Series.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum