Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

World Series

+2
Joanimaroni
2seaoat
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 5]

26World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 5:14 am

Telstar

Telstar

As we edge closer to 1908 vs. 1948 in the Fall Classic here is a tribute to Mr. Cub and his team.

27World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 4:01 pm

2seaoat

Chicago is fired up.......The Cubs have captured the city, and the Bears have been looking hopeful for three weeks with Cutler hurt. The Bears lost again, but they played well.

28World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 8:44 pm

2seaoat

Dodgers up by one.......should be some good pitching from the Dodgers with Kershaw.

29World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 8:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Long time Dodger Blue fan. But damn the Cubs are tough.

Still have my relative in the Dodger coaching staff.

30World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 9:02 pm

2seaoat

In third grade I became a baseball fan with the Dodgers vs White Sox World Series in 1959. Koufax and Drysdale.......loved the Dodgers, but I was an American League fan. I am really happy to see a resurgent Dodger organization. Baseball does not seem the same without them in the playoffs.

31World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 9:54 pm

Telstar

Telstar

2seaoat wrote:In third grade I became a baseball fan with the Dodgers vs White Sox World Series in 1959.   Koufax and Drysdale.......loved the Dodgers, but I was an American League fan.  I am really happy to see a resurgent Dodger organization.   Baseball does not seem the same without them in the playoffs.

Yankees vs. Dodgers. The Fall Classic at it's best.

32World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 10:18 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:In third grade I became a baseball fan with the Dodgers vs White Sox World Series in 1959.   Koufax and Drysdale.......loved the Dodgers, but I was an American League fan.  I am really happy to see a resurgent Dodger organization.   Baseball does not seem the same without them in the playoffs.
I know what your mean about the Dodgers....I loved Tom Lasorda.

33World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/16/2016, 11:26 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Joanimaroni wrote:
I know what your mean about the Dodgers....I loved Tom Lasorda.

Loved Lasorda in 1977 and 1978. Not so much in 1981.

34World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/18/2016, 10:08 pm

Sal

Sal

Go, Dodgers.

I don't normally root for west coast teams, but they're playing the cubs.

35World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/18/2016, 10:31 pm

2seaoat

Go, Dodgers.

I don't normally root for west coast teams, but they're playing the cubs.

For a White Sox fan this is perfect. Sports radio has gone crazy this year that they were going to win three in LA and may not come home. The arrogance of Cub fans this year was only matched by the summer of 1969. Jake is one of the two top pitchers in baseball and they got to him for 4, and the Cubs are collectively hitting less than 200 as a team in the post season.

36World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/19/2016, 12:31 am

2seaoat

Post game Fox coverage with Pete Rose was actually pretty damn good. Alex Rodriguez, the Big Hurt, and Rose made the banter fun and had a great many observations which were right on point.

37World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/19/2016, 12:42 am

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The Dodgers looked great.

38World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/19/2016, 12:50 am

2seaoat

The Dodgers looked great.

Agree. I have deep respect for their starting pitchers and relievers. They are a very good team. I honestly did not think the Cubs would have a collective brain fart, but they are young kids. They will be around for the next five years.

39World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/21/2016, 1:59 am

Telstar

Telstar

With the Cubs win tonight they are just one win away from 1908 vs 1948. Go Cubs.

40World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/21/2016, 2:05 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The Dodgers looked great.

Agree.  I have deep respect for their starting pitchers and relievers.   They are a very good team.  I honestly did not think the Cubs would have a collective brain fart, but they are young kids.   They will be around for the next five years.
Well last night was a bust.....oh well my Packers won.

41World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/21/2016, 5:50 pm

2seaoat

Well last night was a bust.....oh well my Packers won.

The Bears backup broke his arm, Josh Sitton and Kyle Long are nursing injuries and the only path for the Bears are to take a dive and get some depth through the draft. They are simply awful to start with, but the injuries have destroyed any chance to even know where this team is developmentally.

The Cubs seem to have the advantage, but the best pitcher in baseball goes against them on Saturday at Wrigley, and if there is a sunday game........history has shown that the Cubs choke.

42World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/21/2016, 7:53 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Josh Sitton is a Pensacola guy....great player and a very nice person. He graduated Pensacola Catholic High.

43World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 7:52 pm

2seaoat

What a beautiful fall day in Chicago. Our local bar is packed with people who have come to watch the Cub game......people can hardly get in the front door. For Cub fans this is a lifetime of waiting and tonight's game is so important to them.

44World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 8:07 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:What a beautiful fall day in Chicago.  Our local bar is packed with people who have come to watch the Cub game......people can hardly get in the front door.  For Cub fans this is a lifetime of waiting and tonight's game is so important to them.

Die hard fans, for sure.

45World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 8:26 pm

2seaoat

Cool night and kershaw did not look warmed up. The Cubs are killing him.

46World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 9:55 pm

2seaoat

Cubs are dominating. However the bullpen will decide this game.

47World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 10:47 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

The curse is over!

48World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 11:13 pm

2seaoat

The curse is over!

Nope. They were in the series in 45 and lost. They had two opportunities in the thirties and lost both. The sox beat them, and they won back to back over a hundred years ago. The curse continues until they win the series.

49World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 11:24 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ok....

50World Series - Page 2 Empty Re: World Series 10/22/2016, 11:40 pm

Telstar

Telstar

Correct. The bar owner did say they would never win another World Series because they insulted his goat. Still it's great to see 1908 vs. 1948. Congratulations Cubs, play ball.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum