Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why this next four years is so important to Conservatives and Liberals

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Slicef18

Slicef18

For the last several presidents, each President has picked two new justices to the Supreme Court. However with the court aging rapidly, the next Presidential cycle may replace as many as four justices.
Ruth Bader Ginsburg 79 years of age
Antonin Scalia 76 years of age
Anthony Kennedy 76 years of age
Stephen Breyer 74 years of age

Nekochan

Nekochan

Good point. Although we know that many of those old justices are reluctant to retire!

2seaoat

Other than ginsburg who has health issues, and absent a sudden illness or accident, I would respectfully disagree. It is obvious President Obama will be reelected, and Kennedy and Scalia would have He!! freeze over before they would voluntarily give the President the power of appointment. I think we might be looking at one vacancy over the next five years as justices are routinely going to their early 80s. Sandra had a life, so she left early, but it will be death, not retirement for a great many of these justices.

Thats a good point but more than that.

This country is in a complete mess.

and anyone who will tell you that obama and his apointees will make it better is absolutly insane.

This country can not stand another 4 years of obama and team.

You CAN NOT spend your way out of a mess and I dont care how much you print air money.

who ever wins this next term its going to be very ugly. because the truth of our real situation is going to come out.

I am fed up with all the zombies here

2seaoat

Justice Roberts was a Bush appointee, and Earl Warren was an Ike appointee.....life is like a box of Chocolates....you never know what you will get.

2seaoat wrote:Justice Roberts was a Bush appointee, and Earl Warren was an Ike appointee.....life is like a box of Chocolates....you never know what you will get.

well informed professionals buy chocolates with maps and they follow them and know exactly what they are going to get. The ones with nuts always go first, then the cremes Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum