Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ex-Pentagon chief Gates: Trump is 'unfit,' 'beyond repair'

+2
2seaoat
knothead
6 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What military intervention decision has hillary been on the correct side of?

Good question.  You could ask the same thing of Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II.  A better question is who is more of a hawk, Hillary or Trump?  Trump can't wait to blow Iran's small attack craft out of the water.  And he says the world would be better off with nuclear proliferation.  

Our involvement with the Korean War can be legitimately questioned.   And ALL THE WARS WE'VE FOUGHT SINCE THEN have been costly mistakes.    

If America's penchant for wasting money and blood on unnecessary, un-winnable wars is one of your pet peeves, then we share the same concern!          

None of the historic figures you mention matter this year.  None.  None are running for office.

Hillary Clinton has a proven record of wreaking death and destruction on the Middle East and causing hundreds of thousands of people to lose their homes and countries.

As for who is the war hawk, Hillary Clinton has certainly caused more war and destruction than Donald Trump.

We won the war in Iraq, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama was determined to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.  Which is well known, EVEN TO YOU.

i]"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
- Vice President Joe Biden (D) Feb. 10, 2010
[/i]

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

And now the Obama administration TAKES CREDIT for the Iraq war…whew….

Except for a few hardcore holdouts like you, even the majority of republicans agree Bush's invasion of Iraq was an unnecessary disaster. And because of agreements Bush had signed, Obama had no choice but to withdraw when the Iraqi officials said they didn't want us there. However, I agree with you that all the wars we've fought and are still fighting in the MidEast are senseless and unwinnable. Reality.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

PkrBum wrote:Frankly we have nearly no idea what he'll actually do... much like electing Obama. See: Nobel Prize.

We do on the other hand know w hillary. See: recent history.

Frankly, even Trump has nearly no idea what he'll actually do if he's elected. LOL

RealLindaL

Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:Frankly we have nearly no idea what he'll actually do... much like electing Obama. See: Nobel Prize.

We do on the other hand know w hillary. See: recent history.

Frankly, even Trump has nearly no idea what he'll actually do if he's elected.  LOL

cheers

2seaoat

Trump wants to emulate Putin and bastardize the office of the Presidency with his family still controlling for profit companies where they will get over seas financing and make billions on crony capitalism with Trump just doing what every sociopath does.......the risk is enormous, and the nuts have taken over the nuthouse. Sec. of Defense Gates is a good man who understands Trump completely......Mr. Markle thinks someone has to meet Donald Trump to determine he is a sociopath.....as if mere words and actions over thirty years are not enough to make a judgment.

Markle

Markle

2seaoat wrote:We won the war in Iraq,
We did.  In about three weeks. We then proceeded to lose the occupation of Iraq which was expected when a nation which has not done anything to America gets invaded and we are seen as the bad guys.  Bush Sr. knew that occupation would be brutal in the first war, but Jr. wanted to make political capital.......America and the world has suffered since.

You are amusing. That's sure not what you were saying at the time nor what happened in the real world. Something all Progressives fear.

At least you finally admit we won the war and it was peaceful when Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama screwed the pooch.

Your ignorance of the war to liberate Kuwait is not surprising.

You should know, and learn, that neither the United States nor the United Nations had permission to go into Iraq.

You are also ignorant about the hundreds, if not thousands of Sanctions against Iraq going back decades and which was the impetus for the war.

UN Security Council resolutions relating to Iraq

The list below is out of date. For resolutions since 2004, please see Iraqanalysis.org

The following is a complete list of Security Council Resolutions (SCRs) involving Iraq. The overwhelming majority of resolution since 1990 relate to Iraq's invasion of Kuwait and subsequent developments. The resolutions deemed particularly important are indicated in bold. A full list of SCRs is available here. Guides to the SCRs relating to Iraq are maintained by the Federation of American Scientists (here) and the UN's Office of the Iraq Programme (here); a further compilation of SCRs on Iraq is maintained by Saleh Iraq site (here). The Office of the Spokesman for the Secretary-General has a brief guide to the resolutions on all the UN sanctions regimes, Use of sanctions under Chapter VII of the UN Charter.

2004 | 2003 | 2002 | 2001 | 2000 | 1999 | 1998 | 1997 | 1996 | 1995 | 1994 | 1993 | 1992 | 1991 | 1990 | pre-1990 resolutions on Iraq | Zimbabwe resolutions

http://www.casi.org.uk/info/scriraq.html

2seaoat

The war was not a fair fight....it was the 200 lb kid in school pounding the crap out of the 110lb kid in the parking lot with three punches......the next year that little kid put the bully in the hospital ten times, and the bully lashed out and pounded on fifty other kids, who then joined in the attacks on the bully, and when the bully looked at his educational experience he had spent all his money and wasted ten years of his life pounding the crap out of weak kids who just buried him in his own cruelty, and then when the bullies parents pulled him out of that school........the bully blamed his parents for all the damage he had done to others........Mr. Markle we lost the occupation with American lives and wealth, and in the process we created ideas that America was in a war against a religion......a new crusade, and you now want that war to become a reality, but thankfully stable moral humans know better.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Seaoat: This time I disagree with your perspective; Markle doesn't give a shit about the legitimization or denigration of the senseless, wasteful, illegal and immoral Amerikan war on Iraq.  He just wants to pinch your behind.

That's all this insignificant, fascist-racist has ever wanted -- just to irritate people who give a damn about their world and their country.  Why else would someone maintain a mammoth photo file of human tragedies -- people dying, committing suicide, burning to death, etc., and another mammoth file on tyrannical dictators like Hitler?  What we're faced with here on the forum everyday, is a man whose hate runneth over.  

Reality.  

Down with Amerika Inc., corporate control of our government through campaign financing.

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/clinton-gave-state-department-appointments-to-194-donors/article/2602272#.V-GB_W-liY0.twitter

Hillary Clinton placed dozens of her donors on State Department advisory boards between 2009 and 2012, federal records show.

The former secretary of state's agency appointed 194 donors who had given either to her family's foundation, her political campaigns, or both, or were affiliated with groups that had.

Those donors represented nearly 40 percent of the 511 advisory appointments the State Department made during Clinton's tenure.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Once again, your choice in this presidential election is corruption or insanity. Enjoy.

Markle

Markle

Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What military intervention decision has hillary been on the correct side of?

Good question. You could ask the same thing of Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II. A better question is who is more of a hawk, Hillary or Trump? Trump can't wait to blow Iran's small attack craft out of the water. And he says the world would be better off with nuclear proliferation.

Our involvement with the Korean War can be legitimately questioned. And ALL THE WARS WE'VE FOUGHT SINCE THEN have been costly mistakes.

If America's penchant for wasting money and blood on unnecessary, un-winnable wars is one of your pet peeves, then we share the same concern!

None of the historic figures you mention matter this year. None. None are running for office.

Hillary Clinton has a proven record of wreaking death and destruction on the Middle East and causing hundreds of thousands of people to lose their homes and countries.

As for who is the war hawk, Hillary Clinton has certainly caused more war and destruction than Donald Trump.

We won the war in Iraq, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama was determined to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory. Which is well known, EVEN TO YOU.

i]"I don't think you can criticize the President for trying to act on the belief that they have a substantial amount of chemical and biological stock. . . . That is what I was always told," Clinton said.
- Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

"Could Be One of the Great Achievements of This Administration" The vice president said he’d been to Iraq 17 times and visits the country every three months or so. "I know every one of the major players in all the segments of that society" he said. "It's impressed me. I've been impressed how they have been deciding to use the political process rather than guns to settle their differences."
[/i]

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going? How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President? Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities. Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

Except for a few hardcore holdouts like you, even the majority of republicans agree Bush's invasion of Iraq was an unnecessary disaster. And because of agreements Bush had signed, Obama had no choice but to withdraw when the Iraqi officials said they didn't want us there. However, I agree with you that all the wars we've fought and are still fighting in the MidEast are senseless and unwinnable. Reality.

At the time, Republicans and DEMOCRATS agreed that it was the right thing to do and they were supported by the United Nations.

Hindsight being 20/20 there are those who will argue about it and change where they stood at the time for decades.

Amusing how Progressives are always putting forth that they look to the future, what needs to be done in the future, how we can make the future better.

UNTIL it comes to these past eight years when they totally ignore where we are and how bad the solutions were which got into this desperate mess.

Progressives cannot accept that even they were touting that the Mid East was calm...until Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama accompanied by his feckless Secretary of State Hillary Clinton screwed up the whole mess.

IF a frog had wings it wouldn't keep bumping its behind every time it hit the ground. Progressives DEMAND that they not learn that lesson.

Wordslinger

Wordslinger

Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:
Markle wrote:
Wordslinger wrote:

Good question.  You could ask the same thing of Johnson, Carter, Nixon, Bush I and Bush II.  A better question is who is more of a hawk, Hillary or Trump?  Trump can't wait to blow Iran's small attack craft out of the water.  And he says the world would be better off with nuclear proliferation.  

Our involvement with the Korean War can be legitimately questioned.   And ALL THE WARS WE'VE FOUGHT SINCE THEN have been costly mistakes.    

None of the historic figures you mention matter this year.  None.  None are running for office.

We won the war in Iraq, Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama was determined to grasp defeat from the jaws of victory.  Which is well known, EVEN TO YOU.

-  Former President Clinton Wednesday, April 16, 2003

[/i]

How has the war President Barack Hussein Obama said we SHOULD have been fighting going?  How is the Middle East going now that President Obama is President?  Oh, Afghanistan just crossed 2,330 American fatalities.  Seventy percent of whom died since President Obama took office.

Except for a few hardcore holdouts like you, even the majority of republicans agree Bush's invasion of Iraq was an unnecessary disaster.  And because of agreements Bush had signed, Obama had no choice but to withdraw when the Iraqi officials said they didn't want us there.  However, I agree with you that all the wars we've fought and are still fighting in the MidEast are senseless and unwinnable.   Reality.  

At the time, Republicans and DEMOCRATS agreed that it was the right thing to do and they were supported by the United Nations.

Hindsight being 20/20 there are those who will argue about it and change where they stood at the time for decades.

Amusing how Progressives are always putting forth that they look to the future, what needs to be done in the future, how we can make the future better.

UNTIL it comes to these past eight years when they totally ignore where we are and how bad the solutions were which got into this desperate mess.

Progressives cannot accept that even they were touting that the Mid East was calm...until Lame Duck President Barack Hussein Obama accompanied by his feckless Secretary of State Hillary Clinton screwed up the whole mess.

IF a frog had wings it wouldn't keep bumping its behind  every time it hit the ground.  Progressives DEMAND that they not learn that lesson.

Hindsight, my ass.  What Bush and Cheney knew was that there was slim evidence Saddam had a nuclear program in the works, and there was opposing evidence that he didn't.  They pushed the intel services and used only the evidence they wanted to persuade the congress and the public that an invasion was necessary.  Bush and Cheney should be prosecuted for war crimes and for lying to the American people.

And there's no hindsight claim necessary to support these facts:  the entire MidEast as a result of our misbegotten invasion and overthrow of Saddam is in sheer chaos.  We've increased Iran's power, weakened Saudi Arabia's, and the world knows we commonly and all to frequently bite off a helluva lot more than we can chew.

And it isn't a partisan issue, it's the real world.

Stop your constant bullshit that everything in that region was fine until Obama pulled the troops from Iraq. Libya was in civil war. Yemen and Somalia were involved in tribal war. Egypt was in turmoil after Mubarak was put on trial, Syria was in chaos. Turkey and the Kurds were in conflict. That shit was going on before Obama withdrew our Christian Crusaders from Iraq. Reality.

Reality.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum