This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Foreign Voice Told Me: "There is Something Wrong With Your Computer...."

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

I get so f-ing tired of incessant and illegal robo-calls from telemarketers trying to rip me off. Fully 50% to 60& of the daily phone calls to my house are of this kind. My wife tells me to let them go to the answering machine and do not answer, but lately I have been pressing 1 to speak to a customer service rep and then laying into them with serious expletives.

Tonight I got a call from a foreign call center--I have gotten several of these in the past--where a parson wants to talk to me by name and tells me there is something wrong with my computer, and he wants to "help me."

There is nothing wrong with any computer in my house, as I know them intimately and do all of my own work on them, both with hardware and software.

So, I tell this person he is full of shit, and that he should fuck off (please pardon the expletives). He was persistent, and the language got worse. He started using expletives on me, and said he would "block my computer." I told him he was full of it and called him a MF, and hung-up.

I got a call about a minute later from a different number but likely the same call center, and a different voice said "This is Windows Control, calling about the problem with your computer...." I laughed and called this person a jerk (I used a much harsher set of words, really), and dared him to try and shut down my computer.

I mean, where do these idiots come from--these calls sounded like they originated from somewhere in the Philippines.

Rachel from cardholder services keeps calling me with robocalls. My wife just tells me to hang-up, but if I have time, I press 1 and play this for the person on the other end:
http://www.albinoblacksheep.com/flash/youare

We use ATT VOIP now; part of our ATT UVerse package. We didn't get crank calls as much before we switched to UVerse.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com
I have caller ID on my phones, and I will not answer any call which I do not know the person. This means if it is important they leave a message, and I can call back immediately.

I do not get confrontational with people on the phone anymore. Waste of time. I do remember a person at Citi Bank being rude to me in regard to a needed release of a mortgage which the title company I am part owner needed to close the deal before a mortgage lock expired. The women gave her name and figured she would never see me and I could F off. I am a crazy sob, and I hop in the car and drive sixty miles to the Bank release floor in a skyscraper and give the receptionist my name and that I was there to pick up the release. I sat there for an hour and people began heading to the elevator to leave for the day, and with each full elevator going down I would walk over and hold the elevator doors open and call the persons name out. The second elevator I stopped this way a voice came from the back of the elevator that I am Jane Doe, and I did not know you were waiting for me.....she was polite and scared to death because she knew how vulgar and rude she had been to me......15 minutes later I was handed the release, but not before I found out the name of the branch manager, and what floor he was on.....I thanked her and then told her I was going to be holding elevator doors open on the 23rd floor until I spoke with the branch manager about her conduct on the file.......the look on her face was priceless, and maybe one rude person was taught a lesson that day......I smiled the entire 60 mile ride home........

View user profile
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I get so f-ing tired of incessant and illegal robo-calls from telemarketers trying to rip me off. Fully 50% to 60& of the daily phone calls to my house are of this kind. My wife tells me to let them go to the answering machine and do not answer, but lately I have been pressing 1 to speak to a customer service rep and then laying into them with serious expletives.

Tonight I got a call from a foreign call center--I have gotten several of these in the past--where a parson wants to talk to me by name and tells me there is something wrong with my computer, and he wants to "help me."

There is nothing wrong with any computer in my house, as I know them intimately and do all of my own work on them, both with hardware and software.

So, I tell this person he is full of shit, and that he should fuck off (please pardon the expletives). He was persistent, and the language got worse. He started using expletives on me, and said he would "block my computer." I told him he was full of it and called him a MF, and hung-up.

I got a call about a minute later from a different number but likely the same call center, and a different voice said "This is Windows Control, calling about the problem with your computer...." I laughed and called this person a jerk (I used a much harsher set of words, really), and dared him to try and shut down my computer.

I mean, where do these idiots come from--these calls sounded like they originated from somewhere in the Philippines.

Rachel from cardholder services keeps calling me with robocalls. My wife just tells me to hang-up, but if I have time, I press 1 and play this for the person on the other end:

We use ATT VOIP now; part of our ATT UVerse package. We didn't get crank calls as much before we switched to UVerse.
India....

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:
ZVUGKTUBM wrote:I get so f-ing tired of incessant and illegal robo-calls from telemarketers trying to rip me off. Fully 50% to 60& of the daily phone calls to my house are of this kind. My wife tells me to let them go to the answering machine and do not answer, but lately I have been pressing 1 to speak to a customer service rep and then laying into them with serious expletives.

India....

Exactly nailed it joan . . . .

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum