Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Hey Bob

+13
boards of FL
ZVUGKTUBM
Markle
RealLindaL
Telstar
Sal
Hospital Bob
knothead
Lisa12
dumpcare
2seaoat
Hallmarkgard
Joanimaroni
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Go down  Message [Page 12 of 15]

276Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/21/2016, 7:50 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Was the infection due to chemo? 

Seaoat....I responded.

277Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/21/2016, 8:37 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Was the infection due to chemo? 

Seaoat....I responded.

Bob never had chemo, just immunotherapy and I think is last one was either in June or July.

278Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/21/2016, 8:40 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Ok.....what was the south of infection?

279Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 7:55 am

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:I know an excellent nurse w hospice.  Please let me know if that's the route he takes... or even if the referral has been made. I've known that person for thirty years. Excellent character.

You may want to have her contact him. I believe his girlfriend said the doc might give a referral after his visit this week.

280Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 8:18 am

What facility is he at again? I'll make contact today. Maybe there is prep work or even advice about the current situation.

281Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 8:47 am

dumpcare

PkrBum wrote:What facility is he at again? I'll make contact today. Maybe there is prep work or even advice about the current situation.

He's at Solaris on University Pkwy.

Thank you

282Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 8:48 am

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Ok.....what was the south of infection?

I have answered this twice and don't know what happened to the post. He had pneumonia.

283Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 1:22 pm

ppaca wrote:
PkrBum wrote:What facility is he at again? I'll make contact today. Maybe there is prep work or even advice about the current situation.

He's at Solaris on University Pkwy.

Thank you

Ok... made contact. He can't be in better hands once that referral is made. I'll pm you the name and number. It would be best if the request was made... I don't want anyone else to get the case. Please give that info to Bob... and our love. We sure miss him... it'd be nice to get him back posting. For him and us.

284Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 4:49 pm

dumpcare

Thanks pkrbum, Bob didn't answer relayed to his girlfriend.

285Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 5:17 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Visited with Bob today. He looks good and his spirits were up. I was very pleased to meet 2 other visitors. 

I spoke with Bob's occupational therapist...to make sure his pneumonia was well documented as a reason his therapy was not productive. Also we discussed his wrist and leg splints which are not being applied. She said the wrist splint must be lost....after she left I found it on his table and applied it. It is very important these splints be applied. 

Bob is on Tramadol and Lortab....when given at the same time...it would be very sedating and would interfere with his theraoy.

286Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 5:28 pm

2seaoat

Thank you for stopping by and reviewing Bob's care. Its going to take a Village to get our Bob back, and everybody has to put some skin in the game. He has to understand that being zapped by drugs is not going to give him quality for the two years of life he probably has, and Pk suggesting a nurse is a huge first step. He cannot be consumed by a system which is often not looking out what is best for elderly patients.....like they are expendable. Thumbs up to all forum members who have been helping Bob......there is a special place in heaven for caregivers.

287Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 5:54 pm

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

I was not impressed by the occupational therapist. I did go back and let her know I found his splint and applied it. I also told her that Bob had movement of his fingers at West Florida Rehab.

288Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 6:32 pm

2seaoat

Everybody has to stay on top of this.......he gets back to being old Bob he can fight this battle, but if they dope him into a profit center, then he will be lost. Thank you for following up. Sometimes medical people have to be challenged and assumptions have to be challenged. I hope he gets a trip home in the next week, and a transition can be planned as to accessibility. Bathroom, toilet, shower or bath, and the entry doors are all going to have to allow him to easily get into the house. A lift system will have to be developed for bathing and if necessary initially rent a hospital bed and set it up as close the the bathroom as possible. Bob has to be lucid in this transition, and has to let people what his vision of his quality of life will be in the next year. This chit is not easy and there is no right answer. Sometimes it just is not possible, but you first have to let him do an assessment which is going to require a home visit for a couple of hours.

289Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 7:04 pm

dumpcare

Joanimaroni wrote:Visited with Bob today. He looks good and his spirits were up. I was very pleased to meet 2 other visitors. 

I spoke with Bob's occupational therapist...to make sure his pneumonia was well documented as a reason his therapy was not productive. Also we discussed his wrist and leg splints which are not being applied. She said the wrist splint must be lost....after she left I found it on his table and applied it. It is very important these splints be applied. 

Bob is on Tramadol and Lortab....when given at the same time...it would be very sedating and would interfere with his theraoy.

Thanks for stopping by, I never saw any splints when I was there. I am trying to get it through his BC case manager the care there is lacking. Maybe he could have made some improvement if he'd had the splints, less drugs and their therapist's gave a shit. As of right now he is scheduled to kicked out Oct 28th and it rests solely on the reporting from them.

Oh must add, I just told his girlfriend an hour or so ago that when the nurses aren't looking to help him in his wheelchair, first lower is bed at that level and then tell them he got in it himself. I believe Dr Lamponi is the doc that oversee's the patients there and to mine and two other's knowledge he has not seen him since he's been there. Guess they depend on the cna's?

290Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 7:14 pm

2seaoat

P thanks for going beyond your duty as his insurance agent. Your knowledge and common sense are important. I hope the transition plan can be activated so he gets clear of that place ASAP and the 28th is only six days away. He needs to have multiple fall back plans. He cannot be shoehorned as if he only has one choice. My biggest concern is Bob visiting zombie land with the medications, and your observations, and Hallmark's are important.

291Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 8:43 pm

Floridatexan

Floridatexan

Hi, Bob.

292Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/22/2016, 10:09 pm

knothead

knothead

We have some awesome people in this forum who have reached out and gone the extra mile all I can say is . . . . . thank you all!

293Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/23/2016, 1:01 am

RealLindaL

knothead wrote:We have some awesome people in this forum who have reached out and gone the extra mile all I can say is . . . . . thank you all!

I heartily second that emotion, knot!

294Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/23/2016, 1:28 am

Telstar

Telstar

Hi Bob.

295Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/23/2016, 10:35 am

ZVUGKTUBM

ZVUGKTUBM

You guys are awesome! It is amazing to see forum acquaintances gather around another member like this.

The PNJ could do a series of Sunday articles about this group. How we started on their old Pluck forum, migrated here, and are still arguing about politics (as usual), but caring for those of us who are sick, and mourning for those we have lost.

http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

296Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/23/2016, 11:12 am

knothead

knothead

ZVUGKTUBM wrote:You guys are awesome! It is amazing to see forum acquaintances gather around another member like this.

The PNJ could do a series of Sunday articles about this group. How we started on their old Pluck forum, migrated here, and are still arguing about politics (as usual), but caring for those of us who are sick, and mourning for those we have lost.

As Sal would say . . . . . "true dat".

297Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/25/2016, 8:36 pm

dumpcare

Bob is supposed to be released from the snf and into the general population Nov 1, just like prison lol.

He will be staying out on the way to Perdido but not quite that far at someone's house that can take care of him and also under Hospice with the guy pkr recommended. His girl friend said they were going to set it up so friends can visit and she also said that guy Pkr had set everything up and very helpful. I will let you all know after it happens if all goes as planned. Because of my schedule may not post another update until it does happen.

298Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/25/2016, 8:41 pm

ppaca wrote:Bob is supposed to be released from the snf and into the general population Nov 1, just like prison lol.

He will be staying out on the way to Perdido but not quite that far at someone's house that can take care of him and also under Hospice with the guy pkr recommended. His girl friend said they were going to set it up so friends can visit and she also said that guy Pkr had set everything up and very helpful. I will let you all know after it happens if all goes as planned. Because of my schedule may not post another update until it does happen.

I just spoke to him too. Everything will be setup and this is what Bob wanted. I feel a great deal of relief. He'll be in great hands. I'll keep up too.

299Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/25/2016, 9:37 pm

2seaoat

Thumbs up.

300Hey Bob - Page 12 Empty Re: Hey Bob 10/26/2016, 12:45 am

RealLindaL

Sounds as if Pkr's referral was invaluable. Glad things are moving along with Bob's approval, and wish him peace and comfort. Will await your later update, ppaca, and thank you once more for all you do.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 12 of 15]

Go to page : Previous  1 ... 7 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum