This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Sex sting

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1 Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 7:17 pm

http://www.pnj.com/story/news/crime/2016/09/14/ppd-22-men-arrested-soliciting-children-sex/90353038/

22 arrested

Those arrested include:

David Donald Hoppenjan, 52, a pastor at the First United Methodist Church of Pace. According to his arrest report, Hoppenjan allegedly traveled to two locations with the intention of having intercourse with a 14-year-old boy.

Calvin James Pearson, 31, and David Oloms, 24, both of Pensacola, who allegedly traveled together to have intercourse with who they believed to be a 14-year-old girl. Oloms reportedly consented to a search of his vehicle, and investigators found "a luggage bag full of various sex equipment, bondage and sadomasochistic equipment," according to their arrest reports.

Bradly Davis Jones, 46, who was allegedly carrying a baggie of methamphetamine and a glass smoking pipe when he arrived to have intercourse with a 14-year-old girl. While arranging the meeting with undercover investigators, Jones allegedly wrote, "I'm the only one who could potentially do anything illegal, but I'm not ashamed of anything I do, and I'm willing to suffer any consequences I deserve."

the whole list is in the link

View user profile

2 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 7:29 pm

Good job LEO.....where is Talkstang?

View user profile

3 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 7:33 pm

I believe there is no place in America for these type of sting operations where they create a criminal act out of thin air. I would suggest that this is better suited for Putin's Russia. Entrapment is a waste of Law Enforcement resources. How about spending the same amount of money with better probation systems and observation of known sex offenders who do not need to be entrapped but are a clear and present danger. This is definitely a Florida problem......not with horny people, but with a law enforcement apparatus who finds this type of operation beneficial. Taking one persons fantasy which is harmless, into a crime where no person is harmed, but the act planted in that individual's mind becomes a crime. Wasted resources and an embarrassment to real law enforcement.

View user profile

4 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 8:23 pm

So wait until these men hook up with a child....then observe them?

View user profile

5 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 8:47 pm

So wait until these men hook up with a child....then observe them?


That is a false concept. It is a fairy tale. The question you should ask, is how many of these perps who were prosecuted ever harmed a child after this prosecution. With real child molesters, once they are released from prison:


the author of a widely published report suggesting a recidivism rate of 52%, Wisconsin psychologist Dennis Doren,

Please show me in any of the stings in Florida where ONE person after release on these entrapments has gone on to abuse a child. Those who actually have seen the diseased mind of peds, understand that horny does not meet the threshold. These are illogical and illegal entrapments which serve no purpose in society. They do allow these slackers to not be out there fighting real crime and violent crime, and add to the failure to monitor the true monsters who are released into society and attack children again.......it is common sense on how utterly failed these entrapments have been, and almost every state in this nation has dropped this nonsense....with the exception of Florida which has Florida men working in LEO......insane and bad policy.

View user profile

6 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 9:39 pm

Guest


Guest
I donno... these guys have to be actively pursuing to go to the length they did. I think it active leo protection for the very vulnerable. But... there are few if any other scenarios I can think of that I would think the same. There is something very wrong with those that would act on such perverse and harmful obsessions. I prefer that they catch them before they assault a child if possible.

7 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 9:52 pm

Out of the tens of thousands of children abused by people who are sexually attracted to children, the vast majority of them are known to the victim. There may be a handful of cases where people hook up and hurt children on the internet, but the tens of thousands of children hurt in the real world by non internet assaults, and then released back into society and not properly monitored because of resources who strike again........you do not need to be a rocket science professor to figure out failed policy. Shift the resources to focus on the monsters. Do not illegally entrap horny people thinking the money is being wisely spent. Again across the nation these entrapments have been dropped......except Florida man......nothing unexpected, what is shocking that Florida residents do not say enough!

View user profile

8 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 9:58 pm

Guest


Guest
They aren't just horny... they are after children. That's made clear... then they have to actively go to meet.

Considering the target of crime... I think this a worthwhile exercise.

9 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 10:10 pm

Its pure sexual fantasy......stupid is not a crime. Show me the guy who connects on the internet with girls under 16 on the internet by older males, and I will show you one person out of ten thousand.....this idea that this actually is a deterrent is a bigger fantasy than the stupid who shows up at the house. There are more important questions which should be asked.......should parents be responsible for the security of their family? Should they get an alarm system? Should they get video security? Should they get a firewall for their computer? Should they load virus protection and ad blockers? Should they get a gun to defend their family? All seems reasonable, but now you want big government to spend millions on this wild goose chase, and you pretend to be a conservative and a libertarian........really? You need big brother to come into your computer and lie......and prosecute you because you are unwilling to act as any reasonable parent? man.......read what you are writing.

View user profile

10 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 11:21 pm


Seaoat, a 61-year-old man tried to abduct my granddaughter from the local flea market. "Horny men" who are right in the head do not go after children. Your argument is lame.

View user profile

11 Re: Sex sting on 9/14/2016, 11:44 pm

Seaoat, a 61-year-old man tried to abduct my granddaughter from the local flea market. "Horny men" who are right in the head do not go after children. Your argument is lame.


My argument is reinforced by your grandaughters experience. Out of ten thousand sexual assaults in America I would be willing to wager than less than 20 examples of underage internet sexual assault has been prosecuted, and of those the vast majority are other young people under the age of 21 who are fooling around on the internet with other young people. Men who are sexually aroused by going to places like Craig's list, or reading Penthouse letters are living a fantasy and are not to go out and molest children. However, peds are sick and fixated on children. They get sexually aroused by children. Why would a ped who is really sick go to an internet sting. My experience in this regard is quite extensive and can give numerous examples of Peds and how they abuse. it is not over the internet, and in fact it is exactly like your granddaughter's case. The largest fallacy of people who do not understand peds is that sexual urge is completely on children, and that this can be tested by trained court service folks and probation folks where sexual stimulus is measured.......I will just say this......look at the softball coach, the scouting leader, the bus driver, or the wrestling coach who sits and watches kids shower.........the guy cruising Craig's list to hook up at the local hotel is 90% non peds and the stupidity of these folks cannot over come horny........not horny for children......horny for sex. A huge difference which people who have not been involved in the prosecution of peds do not understand.........stupid is not a crime. Putting stupid people in jail does NOTHING to protect your granddaughter, and I would be willing to bet that the guy had priors and was not being properly monitored.

View user profile

12 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 1:48 am

Floridatexan wrote:
Seaoat, a 61-year-old man tried to abduct my granddaughter from the local flea market.  "Horny men" who are right in the head do not go after children.  Your argument is lame.

Am in complete agreement with FT and Pkr on this. It was a completely worthwhile law enforcement endeavor. Can we even imagine, for instance, what might've happened to a real victim down the road had that evil pair with their bag full of torture devices not been stopped in this sting?? Just that one arrest makes all of it worthwhile. Sea, you really need to re-think this.
But whether or not you do, the fact remains: It was a valid endeavor and made excellent use of LE time and resources. I have to believe the vast majority of sane adults would agree.

View user profile

13 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 4:40 am

I do not have to rethink anything. When you put 9 innocent people in jail by entrapment to find one guilty person you are not living in America and you are not abiding by the constitution. I wish I could disclose how utterly absurd these stings are and the damage they do to innocent people. I can tell you about the testing process where they determine sexual arousal as I play poker with the director of court services in Northern Illinois who administers the program before these monsters are released. These monsters do NOT use the internet to hook up with kids........that is an absurdity which is completely diametrically opposite on how they operate. I will have to be very careful here, but a local realtor who was married and had three children and was a pillar of the community. He worked part time driving a school bus. The first red flag is these perps is they need to be by children. I have told the story about the santa claus who made my children cry, and who later was caught twice with six year old girls in his neighbor hood sexually abusing them with inappropriate fondling of their bodies......he had this scary child like innocence until he was around children. The realtor befriended his neighbor and began babysitting an eleven year old girl. The family felt completely safe with this man who they considered granfatherly as his children were in their twenties, and he was in his mid fifties. He convinced the parents to allow him to take their daughter to Europe when she was 13, and he made a stop in Denmark which at this time in the mid 80s Danish law did not prosecute a male who sexually fondled a child, as he was impotent and did not penetrate the girl.

He gets back to the states, and goes back to driving the bus and selling real estate, but by the time the child was 14 she shared the European abuse with her mother who called the police, and they issued a search warrant, and ultimately prosecuted him on child pornography where this idiot took photos of the child and his fondling of her......yes selfies on film which he developed himself, and pre internet the peds had set up a network where they would exchange photos of children being raped and abused with other peds. It was an elaborate network throughout America where a person on the west coast would exchange photos on the east coast with notations on the back of the photos not to distribute these photos on the west coast. Well into this network these child's photos went, and the actual act could not be prosecuted, but he spent years in jail, but he got out before the sexual registries and this sick pervert was able to get another school bus driver job......

Do not waste my time telling me I am wrong on this subject. I have seen too many children hurt by real monsters which are coaching your kids. Denny Haesert the speaker of the House and wrestling coach used to sit and watch his wrestlers shower. He abused my friends brother whose father was a well respected Methodist Minister. I had contact first with Denny when he was concerned about some trouble a very handsome wrestler had gotten in, and spoke with about this now adult when he was in the house in the State of Illinois. It seemed very strange to me that a coach had such dedication to a former student, and this former student was now a successful manager who was an out of control alcoholic.

I also could give you twenty cases of innocent stupids having their lives ruined by these sting operations where entrapment was justified by your legal standard that it is ok to put 9 innocents in jail to get one bad guy......these programs have all but stopped across the country except in Florida where ends seem to justify the means. Wrong person to lecture on this subject. It is so bonechilling stupid and unconstitutional that is part of what makes up my attitude that we live in a police state. The real deal is simple......we could cut sexual predator assaults on children by half if we properly tested these folks before release, and had intensive probation including frequent home visits.......instead we are pouring assets down the rabbit hole to let these rogue cops justify their budgets which take away from real time protection of children......not fantasy. Your feel good is exactly why our constitution is so important and laws matter..........beyond that it is absurd that people believe this has ANY efficacy.

View user profile

14 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 10:13 am

2seaoat wrote:Seaoat, a 61-year-old man tried to abduct my granddaughter from the local flea market. "Horny men" who are right in the head do not go after children. Your argument is lame.


My argument is reinforced by your grandaughters experience.   Out of ten thousand sexual assaults in America I would be willing to wager than less than 20 examples of underage internet sexual assault has been prosecuted, and of those the vast majority are other young people under the age of 21 who are fooling around on the internet with other young people.   Men who are sexually aroused by going to places like Craig's list, or reading Penthouse letters are living a fantasy and are not to go out and molest children.   However, peds are sick and fixated on children.   They get sexually aroused by children.    Why would a ped who is really sick go to an internet sting.   My experience in this regard is quite extensive and can give numerous examples of Peds and how they abuse.  it is not over the internet, and in fact it is exactly like your granddaughter's case.   The largest fallacy of people who do not understand peds is that sexual urge is completely on children, and that this can be tested by trained court service folks and probation folks where sexual stimulus is measured.......I will just say this......look at the softball coach, the scouting leader, the bus driver, or the wrestling coach who sits and watches kids shower.........the guy cruising Craig's list to hook up at the local hotel is 90% non peds and the stupidity of these folks cannot over come horny........not horny for children......horny for sex.    A huge difference which people who have not been involved in the prosecution of peds do not understand.........stupid is not a crime.   Putting stupid people in jail does NOTHING to protect your granddaughter, and I would be willing to bet that the guy had priors and was not being properly monitored.

He was retired military and divorced. But there was definitely a sex ring in town, and at least 2 sheriff's deputies involved. I don't know that this guy was involved with that; I also don't know that he wasn't. He received one year probation...that's because he didn't succeed in kidnapping her.

View user profile

15 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 10:25 am

Floridatexan wrote:
2seaoat wrote:Seaoat, a 61-year-old man tried to abduct my granddaughter from the local flea market. "Horny men" who are right in the head do not go after children. Your argument is lame.


My argument is reinforced by your grandaughters experience.   Out of ten thousand sexual assaults in America I would be willing to wager than less than 20 examples of underage internet sexual assault has been prosecuted, and of those the vast majority are other young people under the age of 21 who are fooling around on the internet with other young people.   Men who are sexually aroused by going to places like Craig's list, or reading Penthouse letters are living a fantasy and are not to go out and molest children.   However, peds are sick and fixated on children.   They get sexually aroused by children.    Why would a ped who is really sick go to an internet sting.   My experience in this regard is quite extensive and can give numerous examples of Peds and how they abuse.  it is not over the internet, and in fact it is exactly like your granddaughter's case.   The largest fallacy of people who do not understand peds is that sexual urge is completely on children, and that this can be tested by trained court service folks and probation folks where sexual stimulus is measured.......I will just say this......look at the softball coach, the scouting leader, the bus driver, or the wrestling coach who sits and watches kids shower.........the guy cruising Craig's list to hook up at the local hotel is 90% non peds and the stupidity of these folks cannot over come horny........not horny for children......horny for sex.    A huge difference which people who have not been involved in the prosecution of peds do not understand.........stupid is not a crime.   Putting stupid people in jail does NOTHING to protect your granddaughter, and I would be willing to bet that the guy had priors and was not being properly monitored.

He was retired military and divorced.  But there was definitely a sex ring in town, and at least 2 sheriff's deputies involved.  I don't know that this guy was involved with that; I also don't know that he wasn't.  He received one year probation...that's because he didn't succeed in kidnapping her.

Horrible.....and frightening.

View user profile

16 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 10:25 am

Oatie I don't care how they get these bastards!If a sting gets one more-good! They were intent on completing the act and that's all that matters. You're FOS!

View user profile

17 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 10:27 am

They showed up....this was not just a fantasy conversation. They acted.

View user profile

18 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 10:58 am

entrapment is a criminal act originating from police........the idea that you will give religious tests to Muslims, or give tests to the public to see who is a ped is absurd.   Its a great child like view of the world.  Please show me where any of these individuals had sex or touched a 14 year old?

http://phxux.wtsp.com/story/news/investigations/2014/08/08/grady-judd-sex-stings/13785165/

See how these so called officers are fooling stupid young people.....it is time to cut these programs.......south Florida has as has most of the nation, but central Florida and North Florida......the armpit

View user profile

19 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 12:06 pm

Oh come on Oatie! They didn't get to because they were stopped. They had full intentions of having sex w/ a minor and that is a crime.

View user profile

20 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 1:45 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Oh come on Oatie! They didn't get to because they were stopped. They had full intentions of having sex w/ a minor and that is a crime.

Rational adults do not sit around fantasizing about sex with children.

View user profile

21 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 2:30 pm

2seaoat wrote:I believe there is no place in America for these type of sting operations where they create a criminal act out of thin air.   I would suggest that this is better suited for Putin's Russia.   Entrapment is a waste of Law Enforcement resources.  How about spending the same amount of money with better probation systems and observation of known sex offenders who do not need to be entrapped but are a clear and present danger.   This is definitely a Florida problem......not with horny people, but with a law enforcement apparatus who finds this type of operation beneficial.   Taking one persons fantasy which is harmless, into a crime where no person is harmed, but the act planted in that individual's mind becomes a crime.   Wasted resources and an embarrassment to real law enforcement.  

As we all know you think Florida is a cesspool so why do live here at all? BTW, if you were even HALF as informed as you pretend to be you would know these types of stings occur nationally and are even used by Federal authorities. Do you know the difference between "enticement" and "entrapment"? These freaks were enticed to attempt acting on a informed decision they made to commit an illegal act, they weren't entrapped. LEOs may have opened a false door but these freaks walked right on through of their own free will.

View user profile

22 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 3:24 pm

They may be freaks, but usually 95% of the folks netted in these stings are young people less than five years older than the alleged person entrapping them, and at most 5% are true peds. Destroying 20 stupid kids lives to find one ped is first an unconstitutional fishing expedition, two a total waste of taxpayer money when real peds are being released from prison and have in some studies a 50% rate of recitivism, and third this is hollywood law enforcement used to justify the ridiculous police budgets where non violent crime is prosecuted yet dangerous violent people walk, and peds walk. This is just stupid and unconstitutional and no real law enforcement administrator who was not being political and seeking show time would believe that these enormous investments are showing any efficacy. Again, please show me the victim harmed from these stupids?

In regard to these being done all over the nation......that shine has left the apple and only the most broken criminal justice systems have ignored the inherent abuses, and are still going hollywood throwing twenty year old kids to the ground for being sexually curious.......WTF

View user profile

23 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 5:34 pm

Vikingwoman wrote:Oh come on Oatie! They didn't get to because they were stopped. They had full intentions of having sex w/ a minor and that is a crime.

It absolutely is, and on this one Mr. Know-it-All doesn't know shit from Shinola.

View user profile

24 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 5:43 pm

gatorfan wrote:if you were even HALF as informed as you pretend to be you would know these types of stings occur nationally and are even used by Federal authorities. Do you know the difference between "enticement" and "entrapment"? These freaks were enticed to attempt acting on a informed decision they made to commit an illegal act, they weren't entrapped. LEOs may have opened a false door but these freaks walked right on through of their own free will.

They absolutely did, gator.  They had JUST AS MUCH RIGHT TO SAY NO AS YES, and they chose YES, and they ACTED on it, and there's NOTHING INNOCENT ABOUT THESE MEN.  NOTHING!!!!!!!!

Seaoat will not be swayed on this; it's another example of his being caught up in his own personal definition of right vs. wrong, whether or not it meets a clear legal standard, whether or not law enforcement oversight groups who know one helluva lot more than he does have deemed it legal, whether or not this very type of sting has (as it has) withstood legal challenges and prevailed, whether or not any sane group of adults in this country would call seaoat totally misguided on this -- it doesn't matter, because he will NEVER admit he's wrong.  NEVER.  So let's quit wasting our precious time trying to convince him otherwise.  I, for one, am done.  

And I know beyond a shadow of a doubt he's wrong as wrong can be.

View user profile

25 Re: Sex sting on 9/15/2016, 7:11 pm

I am not wrong. Just better informed on this issue than anybody on this forum. Why say you.........another big headed Seaoat arrogantly spewing......hardly. My wife will explain my expertise when I am gone, but I will tell you about two kids. The first one is from a good catholic family with six brothers and sisters as their dad owned a manufacturing company and they belonged to the country club. The kid at 14 would caddie for me. He was a good kid. His family was top notch, and they were active in Catholic charities and the kid was a boy scout. When the kid was eighteen and going to Junior college he got on craigs list and started conversing with what he thought was a 15 year old girl who wanted him to come over to her house and have sex. It was Craig's list and the kid was interested in a girl three years younger than he was. He took the bait and was charged as an adult, took a plea bargain which was very generous because the judge found portions of the arrest to be entrapment, and he basically got a misdemeanor slap on the wrist, but his photo was on the front page of the local paper, and for life this kid will be considered a sexual predator. This was so wrong that the pressure in the community was overwhelming and the task force was dismantled. However, it has been very sad for me to watch his demise. His dad employs him and he is one of the lucky kids after these witch hunts who has a family business, but I see a broken young man.....totally broken......he cannot even look me in the eye. The number of young people who commit suicide after these entrapments alone should stop this horrible police state tactics of judging what somebody is thinking.

The second kid was another 18 year old kid who was looking at porn on line when he got into a fake child porn site put up by LEO, and bam......an 18 year old kid downloaded one time some images on his computer. They immediately pounced on him, charged him for possession of child pornography, again his photo goes to the front page and this kid was a straight A student and was voted the most outstanding band student in his high school and had a steady girl friend and had NEVER had a run in with the law, or any incident with a child. No you folks have no idea how screwed up this system is when you do not have your lives crushed by big government Orwellian tactics. The judge in pretrial conferences again chastised the state, and they downgraded the felony charge to a misdemeanor with requirement that he be put on the sexual offender list......tragic destruction of another young life.

I have seen what real peds do. Their networks and absolute sophisticated ability to avoid the police as they get close to kids.......but instead we have these show boating non victims creating intent and entrapment.......you have no idea how stupid this is and how ineffective these stings are as courts, prosecutors, and leo are saying enough, but a few headlines.....and some fricking politician standing up saying there getting the freaks off the street.....sorry I have 36 years of experience which says otherwise.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum