This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ring doorbell

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1 Ring doorbell on 9/9/2016, 6:53 pm

I went to Best Buy and bought the ring doorbell. It has met most of our expectations. My wife usually will ask me questions on any technical installation, but she had it installed in less than 15 minutes. The only delay is that they give you a USB connection which requires that you charge the battery on the unit. You have the option to hardwire it to an existing doorbell, but the wireless is so simple, and it allows you to move it easily.

There are many types of wireless internet doorbells available, and the quality of the video will be constantly being upgraded, but for $199 you can pick one up at a Best Buy and have it installed pretty easily. If you have a smart phone you just download the app on your phone, and in our case we have a porch area where there is little motion from cars, so we set the motion detector for about five feet which actually turns your phone on in seconds before a person even touches the doorbell. The audio and system allows you to talk to a person without having to get up. I like this because my mobility is getting a little more difficult, but I also like the idea that my wife can talk to somebody from anywhere, including Florida this winter, and nobody even knows if we are home.

I would say in a year you will see better video and audio, but for 200 bucks this system has so many immediate benefits it is a steal at this price.

View user profile

2 Re: Ring doorbell on 9/9/2016, 7:03 pm

I like that.

3 Re: Ring doorbell on 9/9/2016, 7:17 pm

It would be nice to have a light come on inside delayed for a few seconds after bell is pushed... or even a radio.

4 Re: Ring doorbell on 9/9/2016, 7:30 pm

There are some amazing remote security systems which in fact can control all your house appliances from your smart phone. We will be looking at that this winter. Our neighbor has a key and he comes in every couple days and checks to see the heat is on, and there are no issues. However, these devices are being integrated into systems which can control your appliances, furnace or AC, and lighting. I had a very good day of poker on Wed. after my doctor and shots appointment on Wed., and I spent an hour looking over these systems at best buy. We bought an eight camera security system from tiger direct for about $250, but the cameras are not high quality and can only give you good night vision for about 30 feet. The more expensive systems have 60-80 foot night vision.

One feature we got for the Ring doorbell was the one year, $30 unlimited cloud storage. We like that because even if somebody steals the doorbell, the images with the motion detector are stored on the cloud.

I am going to order another security system next week. We will get another eight camera system and only use four of the cameras saving four for our other eight which only have a 10k hour life span, and our cameras are always on. These systems also have cloud options and smart phone options, but we are thinking about getting better cameras with longer life on the infrared cameras.

I picked up a 40 inch tv at best buy for $179 and now above our new TV, I have put to monitors which when I am watching TV or any time 24/7 I have the entire house and yard coverage which is great knowing when somebody is in the driveway, because it takes me a little longer to get up and use the grab bars and get my shoes on.......hopefully some of this technology will help Bob.

View user profile

5 Re: Ring doorbell on 9/9/2016, 9:47 pm

My daughter Brooke moved out into her own place in East Hill last Fall, and I bought her a Ring Doorbell for her birthday last November. It is a very innovative product. I had never heard of video doorbells before a guy for whom I had been doing freelance writing over at Fiverr.com asked me to write a series of reviews on video doorbells (the Ring is not the only product in this line) for one of his affiliate marketing websites.

https://ring.com/?medium=ppc1&gclid=CIKL8NLVg88CFQyFaQodJwUNUw

You should watch some of the customer review videos posted at the company website. It really can help keep thieves out of your house when you are not home.

View user profile http://www.best-electric-barbecue-grills.com

6 Re: Ring doorbell on 9/11/2016, 3:55 pm

It has exceeded our expectations. The audio is not too bad, but I expect these units will invest in better video, but for our purposes it is excellent.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum