This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

2 medical miracles.....Mother Teresa is cannonized as Saint

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Medical doctors reviewed the spontaneous healing of two patients......in the end determined that she healed the two patients. I mean no disrespect. There are many things I will never understand in science and religion. I contemplate when reviewing a scientific tenet or religious tenet the inverse of the proposition. If God intervenes through a person to heal patients, then my question would simply be who or what makes the determination to foresake the millions with medical issues who die? If those people who were saved by the miracle, ultimately died for whatever reason, what was the reason for the same? If God working through a Saint can heal these two people, what was the purpose if only so many years into the future these folks die? I understand completely the skeptics who do not see a cause and effect of the miracle.....I simple do not understand the underlying logic, which assumes that somebody in a religious institution intercedes on behalf of God and this process and determines that person is a saint.

A saint, also historically known as a hallow, is a person who is recognized as having an exceptional degree of holiness or likeness to God.[

So my question remains.......no person who a saint has intervened, has ever not died? So is the measure the temporal gap between the miracle and ultimate death, or is there some other measure? I am curious what the likeness of God would look like and who in a religious institution can certify this likeness without ever seeing God? It would appear to me that God's will is that each mortal life will end. So, is holiness delaying God's will? Would it not be easier if one believes in textual truth of the bible, to ask the question if God has told us under Matthew 6 that each of us has a direct connection to God, is this not in direct contradiction to the concept of saints, and those interlopers who delay God's will somehow take over the local phone switching station and interrupt God's direct line and superimpose their saintly will on the inevitable. As a Christian and a believer, I find the concept of a mortal man or woman being a saint and being the carrier of God's will to be illogical and contextually in conflict with scripture. I have nothing against good people doing good deeds, but this idea that the extension of life is a miracle when that person ultimately dies which is certainly God's plan to be very confusing and beyond my intellectual ability.

View user profile
I watched the ceremony on CNN this morning, it was massive, but when they started talking about taking some of her blood and relics of past saints.......they lost me at that point.

View user profile
Yep, looks like they're in armpit territory. lol

View user profile
There you go again with that armpittery. LOL

View user profile
Telstar wrote:There you go again with that armpittery. LOL

The armpit is a mysterious thing. Not as cut and dried as sal and seaoat would have you believe.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
Telstar wrote:There you go again with that armpittery. LOL

The armpit is a mysterious thing.  Not as cut and dried as sal and seaoat would have you believe.

Indeed, I hear pitwashing can be almost as exhilarating as tonguelashing.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Medical doctors reviewed the spontaneous healing of two patients......in the end determined that she healed the two patients.   I mean no disrespect.  There are many things I will never understand in science and religion.  I contemplate when reviewing a scientific tenet or religious tenet the inverse of the proposition.   If God intervenes through a person to heal patients, then my question would simply be who or what makes the determination to foresake the millions with medical issues who die?  If those people who were saved by the miracle, ultimately died for whatever reason, what was the reason for the same?  If God working through a Saint can heal these two people, what was the purpose if only so many years into the future these folks die?   I understand completely the skeptics who do not see a cause and effect of the miracle.....I simple do not understand the underlying logic, which assumes that somebody in a religious institution intercedes on behalf of God and this process and determines that person is a saint.

A saint, also historically known as a hallow, is a person who is recognized as having an exceptional degree of holiness or likeness to God.[

So my question remains.......no person who a saint has intervened, has ever not died?   So is the measure the temporal gap between the miracle and ultimate death, or is there some other measure?   I am curious what the likeness of God would look like and who in a religious institution can certify this likeness without ever seeing God?  It would appear to me that God's will is that each mortal life will end.   So, is holiness delaying God's will?  Would it not be easier if one believes in textual truth of the bible, to ask the question if God has told us under Matthew 6 that each of us has a direct connection to God, is this not in direct contradiction to the concept of saints, and those interlopers who delay God's will somehow take over the local phone switching station and interrupt God's direct line and superimpose their saintly will on the inevitable.   As a Christian and a believer, I find the concept of a mortal man or woman being a saint and being the carrier of God's will to be illogical and contextually in conflict with scripture.   I have nothing against good people doing good deeds, but this idea that the extension of life is a miracle when that person ultimately dies which is certainly God's plan to be very confusing and beyond my intellectual ability.

Because it's not a miracle. It's all bullshit from what people don't understand. People have gone into remission from cancer and stayed that way for reasons we don't know but it had nothing to do w/ God. The Catholics are FOS when they spout this stuff. Mother Teresa was no saint either. She believed suffering was holy. The doodoo that people believe is mind boggling.

View user profile
The whole relic part of sainthood reeks with superstition and paganism.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Relic

View user profile
I'm praying to saint theresa, oral Roberts, jesus, mohammed, buddha, the Hindu cows AND the Flying Spaghetti Monster for a cure. Hopefully one of those will take pity on me.
I

View user profile
I'll help you out!

View user profile
Saint Joanie.......oh boy, Your relics will be a hamstring, and liver......and by the way Bob......she needs to save two people to be a saint...........It will not be me.....I am waiting for Saint Markle to save my asz. hmmmmmmmmm I may be F'd.

View user profile
Bob wrote:I'm praying to saint theresa,  oral Roberts,  jesus, mohammed, buddha,  the Hindu cows AND the Flying Spaghetti Monster for a cure.  Hopefully one of those will take pity on me.
I

lol! lol! lol!

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Saint Joanie.......oh boy, Your relics will be a hamstring, and liver......and by the way Bob......she needs to save two people to be a saint...........It will not be me.....I am waiting for Saint Markle to save my asz.   hmmmmmmmmm I may be F'd.
No hamstrings to give.....what I have is hanging on by a thread.

I have saved more than 2 people......not with a miracle but medical intervention. Don't tell FT....she doesn't think I am qualified to be in the medical field.

I was going to be Sr. Mary Anthony.....back in the day.

View user profile
https://www.aimatmelanoma.org/stages-of-melanoma/brain-metastases/

This is very serious, but at the end of this article it gives hope. We can kid, but his battle has now just began. The advances in brain tumor surgery have thrown out the old survival rates which were not good. It is an extremely tough time, but I have told of the survival of a friend from a brain tumor now eight years after surgery. Difficult recovery, but he is cancer free. We were devastated with his prognosis like we are with Bob's, but if we pray for complete function after the surgery and just some more time, Bob can live a happy life enjoying the time he has been allocated. However, these tests are so critical and I pray that his surgeons have the skill and guidance for giving Bob a full recovery. I am still not handling this well. I go to Northwestern Wed. for my oncologist consult, and feel ashamed that my issues seem so minor to what Bob must deal with today. This will be a long day.

View user profile
Shhhh

Jimmy Carter is cancer free one year later after treatment.....positive thoughts.

http://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/news/20150820/jimmy-carter-cancer-brain-melanoma

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:Shhhh

Jimmy Carter is cancer free one year later after treatment.....positive thoughts.

http://www.webmd.com/melanoma-skin-cancer/news/20150820/jimmy-carter-cancer-brain-melanoma

Yes that is amazing, just great.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:I go to Northwestern Wed. for my oncologist consult, and feel ashamed that my issues seem so minor to what Bob must deal with today.

As we all surely know by now, there's nothing minor about your issues whatsoever, and I'm sure Bob wouldn't want you to feel that way -- right, Bob?

So go do what you have to do and good luck with your consult!

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum