Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

I think unless there is a miracle.....I just shot my last birdie

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

I took two pain pills before I played in a two ball best ball tournament. Our foursome had a man who could not tee up his ball who was 70, A man who threw out his back and is 73 and has not played in a month. A healthy guy who was 67 and had to tee up the one guys ball, and retrieve my golf balls from the hole after I putt because I cannot bend over to pick them out of the cup, but I can still tee my ball up. At the turn, I took two more pain pills as the lung tumors and liver were killing me. On the 12th hole I swing and Pop.......I grimace in pain even though I had taken four pain meds in four hours......I complete the 18 and this sorry crew won third place and got $60 of pro shop credits which I got a beautiful pull over sweater for my wife.......I eat dinner......I am the designated driver and give two of the players a ride home.....go to bed last night......wake up this morning with my foot swollen, and I cannot walk to the bathroom....probably a tendon torn from the foot, or a stress fracture......I have no use for pain pills.......they give you a false sense of health.....pain is real......pain is helpful.......I am getting plenty of help today. Oh I birdied my last hole on a par five......220 down the middle......220 down the middle with a beautiful 3 wood.....90 yards with a wedge......three foot putt for the bird......unless the guy upstairs is handing out miracles......I am pretty sure that is my last round of golf......hell, we laughed at our sorry old sick aszes thinking that four sick F's beat out this young studs who hit the ball three hundred yards.....can drink like fish......and look over at our table of old farts and whisper.....when are they going to die.....been there.....done that......hurts like hell, but I have never been happier.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:I took two pain pills before I played in a two ball best ball tournament.  Our foursome had a man who could not tee up his ball who was 70, A man who threw out his back and is 73 and has not played in a month.   A healthy guy who was 67 and had to tee up the one guys ball, and retrieve my golf balls from the hole after I putt because I cannot bend over to pick them out of the cup, but I can still tee my ball up.   At the turn, I took two more pain pills as the lung tumors and liver were killing me.  On the 12th hole I swing and Pop.......I grimace in pain even though I had taken four pain meds in four hours......I complete the 18 and this sorry crew won third place and got $60 of pro shop credits which I got a beautiful pull over sweater for my wife.......I eat dinner......I am the designated driver and give two of the players a ride home.....go to bed last night......wake up this morning with my foot swollen, and I cannot walk to the bathroom....probably a tendon torn from the foot, or a stress fracture......I have no use for pain pills.......they give you a false sense of health.....pain is real......pain is helpful.......I am getting plenty of help today.  Oh I birdied my last hole on a par five......220 down the middle......220 down the middle with a beautiful 3 wood.....90 yards with a wedge......three foot putt for the bird......unless the guy upstairs is handing out miracles......I am pretty sure that is my last round of golf......hell, we laughed at our sorry old sick aszes thinking that four sick F's beat out this young studs who hit the ball three hundred yards.....can drink like fish......and look over at our table of old farts and whisper.....when are they going to die.....been there.....done that......hurts like hell, but I have never been happier.

Glad you played. Ice,elevation, compression wrap on your foot

RealLindaL

Sorry for your significant difficulties, Sea. Hope the golf game was worth it....and I mean that sincerely.

2seaoat

It appears that I paid a very high price for that last golf game. Black and Blue, iced and elevated......my receptionist started breaking her bones near the end with mets, but I hope this is strictly a ligament issue as my consult Wed with deal with new tumors in my ribs, spine, and growth in the lungs and liver tumors. The joy of the slowness of endocrine cancer is its certainty, and the knowledge at the very end it is just as ugly as every cancer. The absence of ugly has been a rally point, and generally hopeful as I have had five surgeries to extend my life, but I hope Northwestern might have one more trick in their bag of tricks, but overall this simply is not that bad.....I played 18 holes of golf and helped my team win third place, and the best part my grandkids, the daughter and her husband just camped on the islands, and when I visited their campfire in the golf cart because I could not walk, they were making smores, and my daughter asked me do I want one......I said no, but Kate knows how Papa likes his marshmellows....my granddaughter promptly gets one of the giant marshmellows they got at walMart, and proceeds to catch it on fire and let it burn for about 10 seconds, and then blows it out.......brings it over to Papa proudly, and my daughter goes....."you are going to eat that" I smile at my seven year old grand daughter she smiles back as I tell my daughter....."well done"

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum