This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Why would champion Olympic swimmers make up a story about being robbed?

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

What would be the motive for doing that?

View user profile
http://www.espn.com/olympics/swimming/story/_/id/17336394/2016-rio-olympics-video-shows-us-swimmer-damaging-gas-station-fighting-security-guard-ryan-lochte-incident

View user profile
It is suggested that they trashed a gas station restroom, and that private security tried to detain them for the police to arrive, and then the swimmers paid to be let go by the armed security guards at the gas station......I do not know if the videos and some of the stories are correct, but drunk swimmers trashing a bathroom in a gas station is an arrogance which is not inconsistent with what the videos appear to show.

It also may be true that some of the swimmers felt that the armed guards were holding them up as they were armed. It probably is a combination of factors, but multiple armed security people at a gas station tells me all I need to know about Brazil's concern that they have somehow been defamed.

View user profile
Prime example of the "ugly American".

View user profile
I agree with this dude?

http://www.espn.com/video/clip?id=17338505

View user profile
My experience with swimmers was always privileged wealthy white boys and girls. Both my kids swam on Country Club swim teams and won all kinds of medals in grade school through eighth grade, and with another family whose kids were friends of my kids who participated in real sports in our school district just swept the annual swim awards. The funny thing is my son did not even know how to swim in third grade when they taught him the breast stroke, and he entered his first race against all these kids who had been winning races since first and second grade.......he won by a half length. My point is these kids get done with junior high, and they are recruited by private schools with swim programs. In our area there were two schools which recruited these kids and then through four years of high school trained and improved their skills. Most kids simply do not have these opportunities, and kids with better genetics and who are better athletes by freshman year in high school have made other selections.

I played on a water polo team which finished second at the university I attended. Two of our players came from one of those two high school programs I spoke. The one swimmer's father owned the largest school book company at the time, and the other came from a very successful business environment where both kids were exposed to CC swim programs as children and went on to get a full scholarship in college swimming. The white privilege was so thick you could cut it with a knife, so I find nothing surprising about these privileged kids looking down on this gas station and the attendants.....I am so tired of so much of the Olympic coverage going to swimming when true athletes never get the opportunity the silver spoon Klan get.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:My experience with swimmers was always privileged wealthy white boys and girls.  Both my kids swam on Country Club swim teams and won all kinds of medals in grade school through eighth grade, and with another family whose kids were friends of my kids who participated in real sports in our school district just swept the annual swim awards.   The funny thing is my son did not even know how to swim in third grade when they taught him the breast stroke, and he entered his first race against all these kids who had been winning races since first and second grade.......he won by a half length.   My point is these kids get done with junior high, and they are recruited by private schools with swim programs.  In our area there were two schools which recruited these kids and then through four years of high school trained and improved their skills.   Most kids simply do not have these opportunities, and kids with better genetics and who are better athletes by freshman year in high school have made other selections.

I played on a water polo team which finished second at the university I attended.  Two of our players came from one of those two high school programs I spoke.   The one swimmer's father owned the largest school book company at the time, and the other came from a very successful business environment where both kids were exposed to CC swim programs as children and went on to get a full scholarship in college swimming.   The white privilege was so thick you could cut it with a knife, so I find nothing surprising about these privileged kids looking down on this gas station and the attendants.....I am so tired of so much of the Olympic coverage going to swimming when true athletes never get the opportunity the silver spoon Klan get.

This is the REAL 2seaoat.

View user profile
Bob wrote:What would be the motive for doing that?

The guys were coming home, at 5:00 am, still drunk having been at a couple of wild parties. Remember the Secret Service in...Rio.

They are young and stupid. Trashing the restroom was really dumb.

They vividly demonstrated how dangerous it is to visit Rio. The swimmers gave the armed security guard an excuse to point his gun at them supposedly to hold them until police arrived. One swimmer offered money and everyone went on their way.

View user profile
Markle wrote:

They vividly demonstrated how dangerous it is to visit Rio.  

They sure did. I would never go down there as long as Americans are there. Those fuckers are dangerous.

View user profile

This is obviously a variation of the hillary defense.

That big shot swimmer just pissed away millions in endorsement deals.

View user profile
http://www.theonion.com/article/ryan-lochte-now-changing-account-events-going-back-53549

Hahahaha ....

View user profile
Bob wrote:That big shot swimmer just pissed away millions in endorsement deals.

Yes he did.....I can understand a wild celebratory occasion but wait til you get home.

View user profile
Joanimaroni wrote:

Yes he did.....I can understand a wild celebratory occasion but wait til you get home.

I can understand the celebrating, but it's the lying and trashing a city you're a visitor in that pisses me off.

It's no different than if Brazilian athletes had come to the Atlanta Olympics and lied about being robbed in Atlanta.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I can understand the celebrating,  but it's the lying and trashing a city you're a visitor in that pisses me off.  

It's no different than if Brazilian athletes had come to the Atlanta Olympics and lied about being robbed in Atlanta.

Well put, Bob.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
Joanimaroni wrote:

I can understand the celebrating,  but it's the lying and trashing a city you're a visitor in that pisses me off.  

I agree Bob.

View user profile
Poor old Oats. Just never connects the dots.

swimmers was always privileged wealthy white boys and girls. Both my kids swam on Country Club swim teams and won all kinds of medals

View user profile
My kids were athletes. We put them in golf, swim, and tennis because we both enjoyed our friends and the sport of golf. I have lived a white privileged life. I am thankful my hard work gave me that opportunity because after my father died when I was 10, there were no silver spoons in my life......just hard work which I love. However, fifty percent of folks who belong to a Country Club have inherited money and have done nothing with their lives except being members of the lucky sperm club. I made my kids lay a 600 foot driveway with pavers, and both kids worked jobs in high school like I did. As adults they have both married and are professionals who work hard and are making contributions to their communities. However, their white privilege is such an advantage over kids who did not have the parental structure, or had brown or black skin, because in America the benefits of white privilege still control. My daughter had the sad experience of having to prosecute numerous of her classmates who did not have opportunity, and were not treated equally with those who had white privilege. In first grade all kids seem like they would be given equal opportunity, but usually by that time the die has already been cut. Hopefully, the day will come where all opportunity is equal. I have no regrets exposing both kids to Country Club life. They both have poise in their professional lives which was enhanced by their experiences in that environment. The swimmers behavior is behavior I am very familiar with in that environment.

View user profile
All ways neat to hear how rich white folks justify their actions.. Too funny...

View user profile
No justification needed. I would do exactly the same thing again with raising my family if I had the good fortune which I was bestowed by hard work, intelligence, and luck. It was a wonderful life.

View user profile
2seaoat wrote:No justification needed.  I would do exactly the same thing again with raising my family if I had the good fortune which I was bestowed by hard work, intelligence, and luck.  It was a wonderful life.

Then please spare us all the stories you tell about really wanting racial equality and a level playing field for every one..You would go right back in the County Club with the rest of the White Elitists and say fuck everyone, let play some more golf and piss away some money gambling.. We worked hard for what we got..Let them eat cake.. LOL

View user profile
Nope. I want the best and brightest to excel. I do not want a fixed game where old money controls. The world is changing, and I have worked for the same. The day will come when the best and brightest will excel. I will be happy. Some will be unhappy. Tiger almost was restricted from playing at Augusta.......he conquered the course and the barriers to his playing. I was happy. Some were unhappy. The battle continues.

View user profile
I make no apology for enjoying the social life around high achieving intelligent people who did not have silver spoons. It is inspiring. People who have created jobs and opportunity for thousands because they have special skills and aptitude. I can also walk a block to our local bar and see incredible insight from the guy who has a high school education, and has not been successful in their life. Both give wonderful insight and perspective. I celebrate the differences and do not have a bit of guilt about my life choices. Quite the contrary, I am very proud of most with the exception of too much time was relegated to making more money than was necessary to live a simple life. It became an end in itself, but in context it only became that way after the kids graduated from high school and were off on their own, and my time allocation shifted from the community and kids, to the selfish greed for about 10 years which fortunately with the economy crashing gave me a great deal of wisdom on priorities.

View user profile
Tiger Woods is a piss poor example of success. Should be a warning to others of what poor decisions and lack of self control can do to you. Once a high touted role model for younger people , he is now best known as a whore monger cheater who pissed away a loving wife and child. Golf is damn sure better off with out him. Glad you are happy..

View user profile
I play poker with a black grocer who has Bo Jackson a good Auburn player as a partner, and ended his baseball career with the White Sox where I got to see his opening day home run. I see this black man invite young white dealers to join Bo and him playing golf in the Chicago area golf courses. I remember my Uncle golfing at one of those courses when he noticed a black man leaving a condo on the course to go to work......."Seaoat is that a nigra living in that house", yep loved my uncle who recently passed, but I hoped the hate and brainwashing which created his post Jim Crow dog whistle world passed with his generation, and that Tiger represented a new world of the best and brightest having opportunity regardless of their race. You correctly point out that sometimes the best and brightest of all races are flawed. However, when I see these young white males who if they were my uncle as a young man would not play golf with a black man, let alone find a course which would allow them to play........I think great progress has been made, and I will continue to work for that level playing field where all can reach their potential and truly the best and brightest excel. However, the incident in Rio shows that the best and brightest can be flawed.

View user profile

Sponsored content

View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum