Pensacola Discussion Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.

You are not connected. Please login or register

Grandsons got to operate the dump truck this morning

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

2seaoat

After staying up past their bed time watching the shooting stars, they got up early helped load the dump truck with split wood, and then got to operate the hydraulic dump on the truck and stacked firewood. Little boys are so different than little girls. They actually stuck to it and actually helped picking the wood up, and stacking the wood. Wife took them on a golf cart ride to the gas station to get worms for fishing, and the youngest 3 year old flung himself on the gas station floor and had a tantrum because his older brother who is six was going to get to carry the worms........in that regard girls are a bit more civilized about worms.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

Wow

2seaoat

The six year old was concerned about papa's ouchee. I explained that I would probably die from cancer before his next birthday and that I enjoyed doing things with the boys so they would remember me. My grandson looks at me, and says "but Papa my birthday is in a couple weeks and will you bring me a present if your dead?" NO, I meant your next birthday, I would probably be dead, and of course I will bring you a poopie present in two weeks. Needless to say the next hour was all about what I was going to poop on.......they both gave me a big hug before they left, and my daughter in law texted that the oldest declared in the car home after spending the weekend with us, I want to spend the night with Mimi and Papa......they are fun. I guess in the end, you count your blessings and are thankful for every day and every second of time with your grandchildren. I find out next week the time table, but after spending time on my cancer forum and finding out that a woman had passed who was fighting my same lung tumors....it becomes very real as her daughter posted that she was gone......I have simply seen too many consumed by this disease and cherish just a little more time.....it made this weekend special.

Joanimaroni

Joanimaroni

2seaoat wrote:The six year old was concerned about papa's ouchee.  I explained that I would probably die from cancer before his next birthday and that I enjoyed doing things with the boys so they would remember me.  My grandson looks at me, and says "but Papa my birthday is in a couple weeks and will you bring me a present if your dead?"    NO, I meant your next birthday, I would probably be dead, and of course I will bring you a poopie present in two weeks.  Needless to say the next hour was all about what I was going to poop on.......they both gave me a big hug before they left, and my daughter in law texted that the oldest declared in the car home after spending the weekend with us, I want to spend the night with Mimi and Papa......they are fun.   I guess in the end, you count your blessings and are thankful for every day and every second of time with your grandchildren.  I find out next week the time table, but after spending time on my cancer forum and finding out that a woman had passed who was fighting my same lung tumors....it becomes very real as her daughter posted that she was gone......I have simply seen too many consumed by this disease and cherish just a little more time.....it made this weekend special.

You have made so many "special times" with your grandchildren. You will be an icon that will last them a life time. There stories will be passed down to your great-grandchildren. Be proud of what you have done for your special angels.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum