This is a forum based out of Pensacola Florida.


You are not connected. Please login or register

Marijuana to stay schedule 1 drug according to DEA

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Well the DEA made it's decision with the help of FDA and drugs company's that marijuana will remain a schedule 1 drug but will expand research. You can google article.

DEA was created by executive order in 1973 under Nixon and certainly can be abolished by executive order. Would save a ton of money.

https://www.dea.gov/about/history.shtml

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Society would have to accept the reality of people ruining their lives... just like alcohol abuse. But if the propaganda is biased to scare the populace it'll rationalize govt interventions... just like it does with all of the prohibitions and entitlements. Humans are better off as a species if there are natural consequences to bad ideas... including being too lazy or stupid to improve your condition.

ppaca,  Obama is the boss of the DEA and they have to do whatever he wants them to do.  So this buck stops with him.
There's nothing to tell me Hillary won't handle this the same way he does.
Another reason to vote for Johnson.

View user profile
I understand their reasoning here, although I don't agree with it.

The classification is required by law if the drug in question "has a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use."

It's the "no accepted medical use" clause that's the hangup.

The DEA also announced that it would greatly expand medical research on marijuana, so it appears they are going to go at it from that angle.

View user profile
Saul Alinsky wrote:I understand their reasoning here, although I don't agree with it.

The classification is required by law if the drug in question "has a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use."

It's the "no accepted medical use" clause that's the hangup.

The DEA also announced that it would greatly expand medical research on marijuana, so it appears they are going to go at it from that angle.

I'm sorry,  Saul,  being educated in Escambia County I'm learning challenged and don't quite comprehend your point.

It isn't even rational for the Obama controlled DEA to be in denial of the fact that the medical community has accepted the use of marijuana treatment for a number of reasons.  
It's just that,  like markle,  you're so blindly partisan that you even defend shit like this just because that fucking obama is the goddamn president.

Besides,  if "high potential for abuse" and "no accepted medical use" are the criteria,  then that law would mandate that we have to go back to Prohibition because the abuse of alcohol is a whole lots worse than marijuana and drinking liquor and beer has a whole lots LESS accepted medical use than marijuana.
Fuck Obama and fuck you.  I'm goddamn dying of fucking cancer.  It's when old obammy and old sally are fucking dying of cancer is when your goddamn opinions on this will have any value.

View user profile
Obama has bragged about smoking the shit in college.  What a miserable little hypocrite.
I'll tell you why he's letting this happen and it aint nuthin to do with anything you said.  You're as naive as a green turnip.  
It's because this is a hot potato political issue and the democrats have decided that it's in their best interest for helping them to win the election to take this position and your hero signed off on it.  While probably most every one of the hypocrites contributing to that decision was toking on a pipe while he and she was doing it.



Last edited by Bob on 8/11/2016, 4:13 pm; edited 1 time in total

View user profile
This really pisses me off. I'm gonna go walk in the mall for awhile to get it out of my system.

View user profile
Bob wrote:
Saul Alinsky wrote:I understand their reasoning here, although I don't agree with it.

The classification is required by law if the drug in question "has a high potential for abuse and no accepted medical use."

It's the "no accepted medical use" clause that's the hangup.

The DEA also announced that it would greatly expand medical research on marijuana, so it appears they are going to go at it from that angle.

I'm sorry,  Saul,  being educated in Escambia County I'm learning challenged and don't quite comprehend your point.

It isn't even rational for the Obama controlled DEA to be in denial of the fact that the medical community has accepted the use of marijuana treatment for a number of reasons.  
It's just that,  like markle,  you're so blindly partisan that you even defend shit like this just because that fucking obama is the goddamn president.

Besides,  if "high potential for abuse" and "no accepted medical use" are the criteria,  then that law would mandate that we have to go back to Prohibition because the abuse of alcohol is a whole lots worse than marijuana and drinking liquor and beer has a whole lots LESS accepted medical use than marijuana.
Fuck Obama and fuck you.  I'm goddamn dying of fucking cancer.  It's when old obammy and old sally are fucking dying of cancer is when your goddamn opinions on this will have any value.

Actually, I said I don't agree with the decision.

But, the crux of the matter is that the FDA concluded that marijuana has "no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States," and "This decision is based on whether marijuana, as determined by the FDA, is a safe and effective medicine, and it's not."

Now, it may be that the reason that they came to those conclusions is because there has been precious little official government research and study of marijuana and its potential for medicinal purposes due to archaic barriers and regulations.

The administration has lifted many of those barriers and regulations, and I would suspect that researchers will quickly find that many of marijuana's medicinal qualities that its proponents have long claimed are true.

That would open the door to reclassification and might be the more politically expedient pathway.

You may have heard that Colorado and other states have already taken progressive measures and legalized marijuana.

Maybe, you should look at the attitudes and the sort of legislators who make that an impossibility in Florida.

You know, the kind of attitude and legislator you find in the armpit of America.

View user profile
Did this post? All I can see is a black box on my screen. If not here is the url
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISppaswlmME




View user profile
This will become rescheduled only after the DEA in collaboration with the FDA has turned this over to drug company's, who in turn will add sickening or addicting chemicals or both to it.

View user profile
But you're right Bob DEA is under DOJ who answers to obama who could sign an executive order today and make it totally legal. Although the next Pres could undo it.

View user profile
ppaca wrote:Although the next Pres could undo it.

Correct.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
There's no justification to drug laws unless harm is being done to someone... like buying a minor beer. This whole bs is authoritarians forcing their subjective edicts on what were free individual citizens. Don't forget what was used to outlaw pot to begin with... an enormously wealthy elite that used the govt to protect his business interests. It's time to disband this police state... and rid our selves of authoritarian central govt solution progressivism.

Saul Alinsky wrote:
Actually, I said I don't agree with the decision.

That's part of what you said.  What you said is EXACTLY like this...

WOLF BLITZER:  "Mr. Ryan,  what is your reaction to Donald Trump suggesting that,  once Hillary Clinton is elected and she appoints liberal Supreme Court Justices,  that the only solution after that is to assassinate her?"

PAUL RYAN:  "I understand their reasoning here, although I don't agree with it".


The problem with you is,  you think you're always the smartest dude in the room and you may well be,  but you're not even consistent with your positions because you're so extremely partisan.  And I mean on a level with Markle and Sean Hannity.  If this was on either George Bush's or Donald Trump's or any other Republican's watch,  you know goddamn well that would not have been your response.  You would have NOT "understood" any (bogus) reasoning like this. Period.
As I said,  if drug abuse or medical need is what this decision was based on because some law is supposed to mandate that,  then the same law would dictate that we go back to alcohol Prohibition again.  
This has nothing to do with any reason or logic or common sense or anything else except plain old politics.  
And either the pot smoking Obama is too weak to have any control over his own Justice Department,  or he's a goddamn hypocrite.

View user profile
But you're not alone in this inconsistency. How many times have we heard old seagoat tell us one of the worst problems in our country is these goddamn marijuana laws. He's preached that in literally a hundred different posts. That only if we could get rid of these marijuana laws, millions of African Americans and other poor folks would not be rotting in jail and we would not have to devote so much of the country's limited resources to it.

But of course we don't see old seagoat saying the same thing in this thread because he's so fucking in love with Obama.
You hypocrites make me ill.

View user profile
No inconsistency at all.

I'm in favor of full legalization of pot (and most other drugs too).

Obama is who he has always been - a pragmatic centrist.

He sees the most politically advantageous path forward and takes it.

I'm sorry about your butthurt.

Maybe a doobie would help.

View user profile
In case everyone reading this doesn't understand it,  Obama's Justice Department wants to continue to have marijuana be classified exactly like heroin.  Even though Obama himself is a marijuana smoker.  
And Obama's Justice Department is saying there is "no accepted medical use for it",  even though half the states have legalized it for medical uses and thousands of medical doctors are prescribing it every day.  Mostly for cancer patients who would be suffering without it.
And the Obama government is supposed to be open-minded and progressive.
Yes,  he was open-minded and progressive when he himself was making use of it for fun.  But his open-minded and progressive notions go out the window when others need it to keep down nausea as they're dying from cancer.
And Sal says I'M the one who is selfish.

View user profile
ppaca wrote:Did this post? All I can see is a black box on my screen. If not here is the url
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ISppaswlmME





I'm having the same problem...can't see the youtube posts; can't post a youtube.

View user profile
Sorry Bob......your logic is sophomoric. If my argument has been that the war on drugs which started with President Nixon and multiple crime bills passed by Congress by a feel good executive order. I believe in decriminalization, but drug abuse is real, and this Ivory tower fuzzy thinking has not had to deal with families who have to deal with loved ones consumed by drug addiction.

There has to be a comprehensive Crime Bill which changes the penalties on a range of drugs, and there has to be resources to deal with drug rehab and realistic regulatory guidelines which balance freedom and liberty against very real dangers impacting young people with fuzzy headed thinking.

I think President Obama has done the correct thing. He will not legislate a partial bill which could actually blow up in his face and every other person who wants comprehensive criminal justice reform. He has called off the dogs where a State legalizes pot, but the issues remain complex and not as simple as your understanding of executive power. No hypocrisy.....just people who actually have knowledge of the system.

As my pain increases, I will make a trip to Colorado and purchase some medical pot edibles which have low impact on buzz but offer pain relief. I just watched a tv series about how cancer patients in Illinois have given up finding two doctors to certify their medical condition.......I have asked two doctor friends who are not treating me and their position and their peers at the local hospital do not have enough scientific proof that pot relieves the pain in a more efficient manner than prescribed and tested drugs. My oncologist at NW basically said No he will not be writing scripts, and I will not be fingerprinted. I think before running the gauntlet we will visit some national parks this fall and get some edibles and try them first. Each out of state resident can get a 1/4 of a ounce. I will get one, and my wife will get one. I will spend about a week trying the same, and have my wife drive back to Illinois which is about the same time as it takes us to drive to Pensacola.

If it relives the growing pain, I will approach Northwestern to find two doctors who will prescribe. If it does no better than my opiates........I will flip a coing, but if it really does nothing I will enjoy the national parks on the way there and back. President Obama has handled this correctly.....patient....cool......and calm understanding that a bigger battle must be won.

View user profile
While I agree drug abuse is real if they abolished the DEA and take the money to treat addicts would be more useful than putting them in prison's.

View user profile

Guest


Guest
Agreed... but there will be some gritty results... just like with alcohol. The govt just isn't going to easily give up power and control... and the gravy train.  We have to resist what will be a fierce coordinated campaign from the fourth branch of govt (the media).

My son and a group of friends just came back from Colorado and they found the purchase and quality of pot to be reasonably priced and the quality was great. Everybody is going with the edibles.

I have friends who have offered me their supply of edibles, but I just do not want to be driving with any THC in my blood. I still am able to drive and I have a duty to be responsible. However, at the rate of decline, I will have no problem giving up driving for a week in my shot cycle when I struggle with pain. However, it may not do a thing for the growing background pain which seems to be slowly ramping up. I am afraid it will be opiates which I know work but impact my liver and digestion.

View user profile
I thought you could get a medical card for Illinois and purchase edible's? Why not give it a try for a few days. Just may work for your pain and no addiction or oic.

Oh driving on opiates is more dangerous than on marijuana.

View user profile
Seaoat is an ultra-liberal progressive democrat.
If George W. Bush had kept marijuana in the same class as heroin, just like I said with Sal, seaoat would criticize Bush for it.
Nothing but two hypocrites. No matter how much spin they try to put on it.

View user profile
One is going to abuse whether legal or illegal, make all drugs legal take the money that used to fund DEA and put into addiction programs.

View user profile

Sponsored content


View previous topic View next topic Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum